Nyanza by Owiny Sigoma Band, released 28 August 2015 1. (Nairobi) Too Hot 2. Luo Land 3. Owour Won Gebme 4. I Made You, You Made Me 5. Fisherman's Camp Pt 1 6. Ojoni Wopio 7. Nyanza Night 8. Tech 9 9. Deep Kisumu Fish 10. Changaa Attack 11. Jah Mic 12. Amolo Tienga ‘Nyanza’ is the third album from the cross-cultural, boundary surpassing Owiny Sigoma Band. For their third offering, the band travelled to the Nyanza Province of Western Kenya - home of their two members Joseph Nyamungu and Charles Owoko - to explore the birthplace of Luo music.
Album · 2015 · 12 Songs. More By Owiny Sigoma Band. See All. Wires - Single. Tafsiri Sound (Remixes) - EP. 2011.
Fisherman's Camp, Pt. 1, 01:04. Deep Kisumu Fish, 03:27.
Nyanza documents Owiny Sigoma Band’s journey through Kenya to get closer to the roots of Luo music and record their third album. Owiny Sigoma Band - Nyanza Documentary. October 17, 2015 ·. A short version of the Owiny Sigoma Documentary came out today on Nowness for you all to feast your eyes on. I hope you enjoy! Full release to follow soon.
Owiny Sigoma Band – Nyanza. Label: Brownswood Recordings – BWOOD0142LPO. Mixed By – Louis Hackett, Owiny Sigoma Band. Percussion – Jah Mike (tracks: B5). Photography By – Ivan Ogilvie.
by Owiny Sigoma Band - 12 Tracks - 45:01. Release date 08/28/2015. 4. I Made You, You Made Me. Owiny Sigoma Band. 5. Fisherman's Camp, Pt. 1. 8. Tech 9. 11. Jah Mic. 2015 Brownswood Recordings. More Albums by Owiny Sigoma Band. View all. Power Punch.
This album has an average beat per minute of 122 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 80/158 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Album starts at 128BPM, ends at 118BPM (-10), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Owiny Sigoma Band.
The Owiny Sigoma Band has a very unusual back-story. Its initial genesis took place in January 2009 when, basking in the euphoria of the election of Barak Obama, five optimistic Londoners headed to Nairobi to collaborate with unnamed Kenyan musicians, for a project partly facilitated by Art of Protest, a voluntary organisation that aims to promote local rap artists and other music makers. Joseph then drafted in his drumming mate, Charles Owoko, and everyone was ready to rock, the first set of recordings taking place at a disused factory in the middle of a huge potato market, during a marathon four-day session. Then, 14 months later, the Londoners returned for another couple of days’ worth of recordings, this time with additional Kenyan players drafted in by Nyamungu. The result is a highly varied album that works surprisingly well, despite being all over the map and decidedly rough around the edges.
Download for free and listen to Owiny Sigoma Band - Rapar Nyanza. We have song's lyrics, which you can find out below. Org O Owiny Sigoma Band.
|A1||(Nairobi) Too Hot||3:36|
|A3||Owour Won Gembe||4:23|
|A4||I Made You/You Made Me||2:40|
|A5||Fisherman's Camp Pt 1||1:04|
|B3||Deep Kisumu Fish||3:28|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Brownswood Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Brownswood Recordings
- Mastered At – The Carvery
- Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Drum Programming – Louis Hackett
- Clarinet – Shabaka Hutchings (tracks: A1)
- Drum [Drum Kit], Drum Machine, Percussion – Tom Skinner
- Drums [Nyiduonge], Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Charles Owoko
- Guitar – Sam Lewis (tracks: B1)
- Lead Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar, Synthesizer [OP-1] – Jesse Hackett
- Lead Vocals, Lyre [Nyatiti] – Joseph Nyamungu
- Mastered By – Frank Merritt
- Mixed By – Louis Hackett, Owiny Sigoma Band
- Percussion – Jah Mike (tracks: B5)
- Photography By – Ivan Ogilvie
- Saxophone – Shabaka Hutchings (tracks: B5)
- Strings – Eska* (tracks: B1)
- Vocals [Additional] – Eska* (tracks: A1, A4)
- Written-By, Arranged By, Producer – Owiny Sigoma Band
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5060180322625
|BWOOD0142LP||Owiny Sigoma Band||Nyanza (LP, Album, bla)||Brownswood Recordings||BWOOD0142LP||UK||2015|
|BWOOD142CD||Owiny Sigoma Band||Nyanza (CD, Album, Num)||Brownswood Recordings||BWOOD142CD||UK & Europe||2015|