Covenant is the third official full-length album by Florida-based death metal band Morbid Angel. It was released on June 22, 1993 through Earache Records in Europe and Giant Records in North America. Covenant was the band's breakthrough album due to their contract with Giant Records and its widespread exposure on MTV's Headbangers Ball, as well as the music video for 'God of Emptiness' appearing on Beavis and Butt-head.
Covenant (LP, Album, Ltd, Pic). VICP-64371, VICP-5643.
Producer – Flemming Rasmussen, Morbid Angel. Vocals, Bass Guitar – David Vincent. Engineered at Morrisound Studios, Tampa Florida. Mixed at Sweet Silence Studios, Copenhagen Denmark. All songs published by: Cutha Hymns, ASCAP and God Of Perverse, ASCAP Administered by Morbid Hymns, ASCAP Worldwide, except "Angel of Disease" Earache Songs . Manufactured exclusively by Warner Bros. Covenant (LP, Album).
Covenant is, in some ways, one of Morbid Angel’s darkest albums, not lyrically but sonically. Quite a bit of this has to due with the deep, organic production job, but really, most of this is in the highly aggressive, more straightforward and less elaborate approach (compared to Blessed Are the Sick). The point is that while this is more straightforward than the previous album, it is by no means a regression on the band's part
Morbid Angel Covenant The album was the first death metal album released on a major label (only in the . Some original copies have the parental advisory label on the covers which were later removed in future releases of the CD. 'Rapture' and 'Vengeance Is Mine' are featured in the horror movie Night of the Demons 2 (1994). The Giant Records version of the album changed the front cover slightly by omitting the two circular sigils located on the left hand page of the open book in the top right hand corner of the cover. The 2011 Earache digipack re-release omits only the left sigil.
Covenant is the third official full-length album by Florida based death metal band Morbid Angel. It was released on June 22, 1993. This album represented Morbid Angel's first foray into mainstream metal, through their contract with Giant Records. The music video for "God of Emptiness" was featured on Beavis and Butt-head and received airplay on MTV. The style of this album is more akin to the slower style of the previous album Blessed Are the Sick.
Includes FREE MP3 version of this album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|3||World Of Shit (The Promised Land)||3:20|
|4||Vengeance Is Mine||3:15|
Music By – Vincent*
|6||Blood On My Hands||3:43|
|7||Angel Of Disease
Lyrics By – Azagthoth*
|8||Sworn To The Black||4:01|
|10||God Of Emptiness||5:26|
- Engineered At – Morrisound Studios
- Mixed At – Sweet Silence Studios
- Published By – Cutha Hymns
- Published By – God Of Perverse
- Published By – Morbid Hymns
- Published By – Earache Songs (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Earache Records
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus
- Arranged By [Arrangements] – Vincent*, Azagthoth*
- Drums – Pete "Commando" Sandoval*
- Engineer – Flemming Rasmussen, Tom Morris
- Guitar [All Guitars], Keyboards – Trey Azagthoth
- Layout – Martin Nesbitt
- Lyrics By – Vincent* (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10)
- Management [Europe: "The Agency"] – Derek Kemp
- Management [For World Mgmt.] – Gunter Ford
- Mixed By – Flemming Rasmussen
- Music By – Azagthoth* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10)
- Other [Merchandising At Giant Merch.] – Peter, Steve
- Photography By ["Book" Photograph] – Luton Sinfield
- Producer – Flemming Rasmussen, Morbid Angel
- Vocals, Bass Guitar – David Vincent
NotesUnlike the other MOSH 81CD UK editions, this version doesn't feature the Intercord 996.081 number, the label code and the MOSH 81 CD catalog number variation.
Engineered at Morrisound Studios, Tampa Florida.
Mixed at Sweet Silence Studios, Copenhagen Denmark.
All songs published by:
Cutha Hymns/ ASCAP and God Of Perverse/ ASCAP.
Administered by Morbid Hymns/ ASCAP worldwide except
track 7 Earache Songs U.K.
Administered by Morbid Hymns/ ASCAP.
The copyright of this sound recording and artwork is owned by Earache Records.
Made in the EEC.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 018615 108146
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored, Variant 1): MOSH 81 CD . 1:3 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored, Variant 2): MOSH 81 CD . 1:6 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored, Variant 3): MOSH 81 CD . 1:2 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored, Variant 4): MOSH 81 CD . 1:7 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored, Variant 5): MOSH 81 CD . 1:5 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|MOSH 81||Morbid Angel||Covenant (LP, Album)||Earache||MOSH 81||UK||1993|
|PKR-062||Morbid Angel||Covenant (LP, Album, Ltd, Pic)||Painkiller Records||PKR-062||Belgium||2006|
|MOSH 81CD, MOSH 081 CD||Morbid Angel||Covenant (CD, Album, RE, RP)||Earache, Earache||MOSH 81CD, MOSH 081 CD||Russia||Unknown|
|VICP-64371, VICP-5643||Morbid Angel||Covenant (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Victor Entertainment, Inc., Victor Entertainment, Inc.||VICP-64371, VICP-5643||Japan||2009|
|MOSH081FDR||Morbid Angel||Covenant (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Earache||MOSH081FDR||UK||2013|