Arensky's version of Albinoni's Adagio. And apparently Arensky liked to use these formal elements: there is a fully-fledged and quite effective "Funeral March" in Suite No. 3. Suite N. was first composed for two pianos as a theme and nine variations, and later orchestrated. The same Tchaikovsky reminiscences can be heard, but here decidedly the lighter Tchaikovsky of the ballets. Judging by the recording data in the heading above this album appears to be a reissue. The four-page sleeve-note has only one page in English with minimal information. I suspect it was first released on the Russian Melodiya label at that time for the Melody logo on this recording appears the same, to my memory. Arensky’s melodious Suite No. 1 was written in 1885. Svetlanov delivers a performance that beguiles and excites.
Composed By – Anton Stepanovich Arensky. Conductor – Evgeni Svetlanov.
Anthology of Russian Symphony Music (1). A. ARENSKY (1861-1906). Suite No. 1 in G minor, Op. 7: 1. Variations on a Russian Theme 2. Dance 3. Scherzo 4. Basso ostinato 5. March. 3 (Variations) in C major, Op. 33: 6. Theme 7. Dialogue 8. Waltz 9. Triumphal March 10. Minuet 11.
Arensky: Suite No. 7. 32:53. Arensky: Nal and Damayanti, Op. 47: Introduction.
This album was released on the label Мелодия (catalog number SUCD 10-00148). This album was released in 1991 year. Format of the release is. CD, Album.
|Сюита № 1 Соль Минор, Соч. 7 = Suite No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 7|
|A.1||Вариации На Русскую Тему|
|Сюита № 3 (Вариации) До Мажор, Соч. 33 = Suite No. 3 (Variations) In C Major, Op. 33|
|B.4||Менуэт (XVIII Век)|
- Pressed By – Апрелевский Завод Грампластинок
- Recorded By – Всесоюзная Студия Грамзаписи
- Composed By – А. Аренский*
- Conductor – Евгений Светланов*
- Engineer – М. Кожухова*
- Orchestra – Государственный Академический Симфонический Оркестр СССР*
- Sleeve Notes – И. Мартынов*
Notes© «МЕЛОДИЯ», 1989
Всесоюзная студия грамзаписи. Записи 1987 г. [= Recordings of 1987]
1989 Зак. 135. Тираж 5000
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A, runout): C10-28141/1-1 DMM
- Matrix / Runout (B, runout): С10-28142/1-1 DMM
- Other (State standard): ГОСТ 5289-88
- Other (Repertoire group): Гр. 2
- Other (Price on labels): 1-20
- Other (Article): Арт. 10-9
- Other (Price on sleeve): Цена 1 руб. 45 коп.