James Orr Complex is the solo project of Glasgow musician Chris Mack (Eska, Maxton Grainger), who has played numerous shows since the mid 90's under the name including supports for Mogwai, Television, Chris Brokaw and Tara Jane O'Neill. He has released one 5 track EP (entitled Figa) through Rock Action Records, which contained the excellent song Slip Into Slumber. Chori's Bundle is the first full length LP for the project, comprised of tracks recorded over the course of 2002 and 2003. In terms of content and length, the album is well balanced. Chori's Bundle plays for just over 35 minutes over its 13 tracks, 3 of which are instrumental, 1 featuring drums, and the remaining 9 comprised of guitar and vocals. The songs are brief for the most part, with only 3 of them lasting more than three minutes.
Mack succeeds in attracting listeners with his alluring and captivating sound. The band toured with fellow Glaswegians Arab Strap soon after the album's release.
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Released at: This album was released on the label Rock Action Records (catalog number rockact15 LP). This album was released in 2003 year. UK. Format of the release is.
Lyrics for top songs by James Orr Complex. The Good, The Bad & The Indifferent. 08. Man-O-War Way. James Orr Complex.
Indeed, there is nothing immediate about what might be mistaken for another Glaswegian finger-plucking, string-bending workshop. Thus Com Favo sets out with more folky-blues guitar, fittingly complex structures and intermittent, contrary and barely-there vocals. Only as the songs progress do the occasional Latin percussion and rabeca sneak forward in the mix to hint at Brazilian folk influence alongside Nascimento-esque wordless vocals.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||The Good, The Bad & The Indifferent||2:53|
Vocals [Additional Vocals] – Anna W.W. Mack
|9||Fade Grey To Fade Blue||2:09|
Drums – R. Dempsey*
|13||The Fox, The Falcon & I||2:18|
- Distributed By – Play It Again Sam [PIAS]
- Distributed By – SRD
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rock Action Records
- Copyright (c) – Rock Action Records
- Recorded At – Chem19
- Pressed By – Sonopress – 50848684
- Artwork [Original Artwork] – Anna W.W. Mack
- Glockenspiel [Glockenspeil], Synthesizer [Novation Bass Station], Synthesizer [Korg MS10], Software Instrument [M-Tron], Piano – K. Macleod*
- Mixed By, Producer, Mastered By – Kenny MacLeod
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Andy Miller
- Vocals, Guitar, Software Instrument [NI Pro-53], Percussion – C. Mack*
- Written-By, Arranged By – Christopher Mack
NotesIssued in a standard black tray jewel case with a 4-page insert with artwork and credits.
P&C rockaction records
Additional recording [...] at Chem19studios
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 666017 064628
- Barcode (Scanned): 666017064628
- Label Code: LC 07800
- Matrix / Runout: [Sonopress logo] 50848684/5040015020 01
- Rights Society: Sabam / Biem
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L0 30
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0763
- Price Code: 411 PS
|rockact15 LP||James Orr Complex||Chori's Bundle (LP)||Rock Action Records||rockact15 LP||UK||2003|