Albums: Basement Big Band, Edizioni dell'Isola,1977; A Midwinter Night's Dream, Five Records, 1983; Here Comes Springtime, Soul Note, 1985; They Cannot Know, Soul Note, 1987; A Chance for a Dance, Innowo, 1988; Space Blossoms, Innowo, 1989; Ithaca/Ithaki, Soul Note, 2005; The Humming Cloud, SAM Production, 2007; God Save the Earth, SAM Production, 2009; September's New Moon, SAM Production, July 2011; The Stuff Dreams Are Made On, Incipit, July 2013; Notes Are But Wind, Stradivarius, September 2015. Tell us why you would like to improve the Dino Betti van der Noot musician page.
A Midwinter Night's Dream. .They Cannot Know (LP, Album). Dino Betti Van Der Noot. They Cannot Know (CD, Album).
A Midwinter Night's Dream is the eighth studio album by the Canadian singer, songwriter, accordionist, harpist, and pianist Loreena McKennitt, released on October 28, 2008. The album is an extended version of A Winter Garden: Five Songs for the Season (1995). 8 new tracks (recorded at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios during spring 2008) were added to the original 5 songs of the 1995 EP. A Midwinter Night's Dream takes the place of A Winter Garden, which has been deleted from the Quinlan Road catalogue.
Midwinter Night's Dream - Luis Agudo, Dana Hughes, Riccardo Luppi, Luca Bonvini, Dino Betti Vandernoot, Danny Gottlieb, Attilo Zanchi, Carmen Lundy, Mark Curry, Mitchel Forman, Giancarlo Schiaffini, Sergio Fanni, Bill Evans, Tiziano Tononi, Hugo Heredia, Mark Egan, Gianluigi Trovesi, Mike Burke. Released in 2008, A Midwinter Night's Dream takes those five songs (newly remastered) "Coventry Carol," "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen," "Good King Wenceslas," "Snow," and "Seeds of Love," and adds eight new songs (all of which were recorded at Peter Gabriel's Real World recording studio) including "The Holly and the Ivy," "In the Bleak Midwinter," "Breton Carol," and "Emmanuel.
Van der Noot was born in Rapallo. His mother and cousin were classical pianists. He studied at Scuola Musicale of Pavia, 1946–51; in 1959 studied privately in Milan and in the 1970s at Berklee College of Music In Italy, he led combos from 1957–1960, but was not active in music in the 1960s. He led an amateur big band from 1969–1972 and a professional big band in 1982 and in 1987 in New York City. He is chairman of B Communications, an advertising agency in Milan. Basement Big Band, 1977. A Midwinter Night's Dream, 1983. Here Comes Springtime, 1985. They Cannot Know, 1987.
Dino Betti van der Noot: Où Sont les Notes d'Antan? 2017. 3. Velvet Is the Sound of Drums - from Afar. 4. The Paths of Wind. 5. Threading the Dark-Eyed Night. blue highlight denotes track pick.
|A1||The Basic Riff||9:00|
|A2||She's Got A Cobalt Chord Core||7:23|
|A3||Blue Gal Of My Life||6:42|
|B1||Blues In Velvet||3:43|
|B3||Blues In Velvet (Reprise)||0:31|
|B4||A MIdwinter Night's Dream||8:36|
|B6||And Suddenly In June...||1:58|
- Recorded At – Jingle Machine Studios
- Published By – Canale 5 Music S.r.l.
- Distributed By – CGD Messaggerie Musicali S.p.A.
- Acoustic Bass – Julius Farmer (tracks: B1,B2,B3,B6), Lucio Terzano (tracks: B4,B6)
- Acoustic Guitar – Bruno De Filippi
- Alto Saxophone – Gianluigi Trovesi
- Arranged By – Dino Betti Van Der Noot
- Art Direction – Titti Fabiani
- Baritone Saxophone – Fulvio Sisti (tracks: A1,B1,B2,B3), Lele Comeglio (tracks: A2,A3,B4,B5,B6), Peppino De Mico
- Bass Clarinet – Peppino De Mico
- Clarinet – Gianluigi Trovesi, Gianni Bedori, Hugo Heredia
- Composed By – Dino Betti Van Der Noot
- Conductor – Dino Betti Van Der Noot
- Drums – Alfredo Golino (tracks: A1,B5), Gianni Cazzola (tracks: A2,A3,B1,B2,B3,B4,B6)
- Electric Bass – Franco Testa (tracks: A1,A2,B5), Julius Farmer (tracks: B1,B2,B3,B6)
- Electric Guitar – Bruno De Filippi
- Electric Piano – Gianni Faré, Santino Palumbo
- Engineer – Antonio Colombo
- Flugelhorn – Demo Morselli, Emilio Soana, Frank Corvini, Luciano Biasutti, Mike Burke
- Flute – Gianni Bedori, Hugo Heredia, Lele Comeglio (tracks: A2,A3,B4,B5,B6), Pino Sacchetti
- Grand Piano – Santino Palumbo
- Harmonica – Bruno De Filippi
- Interviewer – Franco Fayenz
- Keyboards – Gianni Faré, Santino Palumbo
- Mixed By – Paolo Lovat
- Percussion – Maurizio Preti
- Photography By – Dennis Manarchy, Orio Raffo
- Piccolo Flute – Gianni Bedori, Hugo Heredia, Lele Comeglio (tracks: A2,A3,B4,B5,B6), Pino Sacchetti
- Presenter – Arrigo Polillo
- Producer – Dino Betti Van Der Noot, Gianni Faré
- Recording Supervisor – Paolo Lovat
- Sopranino Saxophone – Gianni Bedori
- Soprano Saxophone – Gianni Bedori, Lele Comeglio (tracks: A2,A3,B4,B5,B6)
- Tenor Saxophone – Gianni Bedori, Hugo Heredia, Pino Sacchetti
- Trombone – Beppe Bergamasco, Claudio Barbieri, Rudy Migliardi
- Trumpet – Demo Morselli, Emilio Soana, Frank Corvini, Luciano Biasutti, Mike Burke
- Twelve-String Guitar – Bruno De Filippi
- Valve Trombone – Rudy Meledandri
- Vibraphone – Gianni Faré
- Vocals – Gianni Faré, Giulia Fasolino
NotesInnersleeve with foreward by Arrigo Polillo,interview by Franco Fayenz in english and italian to Dino Betti Van Der Noot
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: FM 13511 A
- Matrix / Runout: FM 13511 B