Promise is the second studio album by English band Sade, first released in the United Kingdom on 4 November 1985 by Epic Records and in the United States on 15 November 1985 by Portrait Records. In 1984 the band released their debut album Diamond Life, the album became highly successful selling six million copies, and became the best-selling debut by a British female vocalist.
Sade's second album improved on the performance of her debut, as "Sweetest Taboo" was a huge hit and "Never as Good as the First Time" landed in both the R&B and pop Top 20. She was once again the personification of cool, laid-back singing, seldom extending or embellishing lyrics, registering emotion, or projecting her voice. This demeanor made her more desirable in the minds of many fans and was perhaps the ultimate misapplication of the notion of sophistication.
Compra vinili e CD e completa la tua Sade collezione. The earlier copies of the album had the title "Promise" written in red. Elenco tracce.
Like their debut album, Promise was recorded live, however, Promise featured the use of technology, sampling drums by way of an AMS with a lock-in feature. Sade Adu served as the album's arranger, with Nick Ingman
Album · 1985 · 11 Songs. See All. The Best of Sade.
Album Promise (1985). Lyrics By. Martin Ditcham. Music By. Paul S. Denman, Andrew Hale, Martin Ditcham, Stuart Matthewman.
Promise - Студийный альбом от Sade. Вышел 16 ноября 1985г. В альбом вошло 11 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 54:18. Mr Wrong, Sade live on Loose Talk, '83. Mary J. Blige - Mr. Wrong ft. Drake (Official Music Video). Sade: M. rong Fan Video. SADE MR WRONG -+ lyrics. Sade - Mr Wrong -Loose Talk TV Show - London 1983.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Is It A Crime|
|A2||The Sweetest Taboo|
|A3||War Of The Hearts|
|A4||You're Not The Man|
|B3||Never As Good As The First Time|
Arranged By [Strings] – Nick Ingham*Guitar – Carlos Bonnell*
Arranged By [Strings] – Nick Ingham*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Records
- Copyright (c) – CBS Records
- Arranged By – Sade
- Backing Vocals – Jake Jacas
- Bass – Paul S Denman*
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Graham Smith
- Drums, Percussion – Dave Early
- Engineer [Production] – Mike Pela
- Keyboards – Andrew Hale
- Lyrics By – Adu* (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B3 to B6)
- Mastered By – Herb Powers, Jr.*
- Music By – Hale* (tracks: A1, B1, B2, B6), Ditcham* (tracks: A2), Denman* (tracks: B1, B6), Adu* (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B3 to B6), Matthewman* (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, B1, B3 to B5)
- Percussion – Martin Ditcham
- Photography By – Toshi Yajima
- Producer – Rogan* (tracks: A4, B3), Ben Rogan (tracks: B6), Pela* (tracks: B3), Robin Millar (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1, B3, B4), Millar* (tracks: A4, B3), Sade (tracks: A4, B3, B6)
- Saxophone, Guitar – Stuart Matthewman
- Trombone – Pete Beachill
- Trumpet – Terry Bailey
- Vocals – Sade Adu
NotesRecorded at Power Plant Willesden and Studio Miraval, France. Mastered at Frankford Wayne Mastering Labs, New York, NY.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 61213 40263 04
|EPC 86318, 86318||Sade||Promise (LP, Album, Gat)||Epic, Epic||EPC 86318, 86318||Europe||1985|
|RK 40263||Sade||Promise (CD, Album, RP)||Portrait||RK 40263||US||Unknown|
|40 86318, 40-86318||Sade||Promise (Cass, Album)||Epic, Epic||40 86318, 40-86318||Europe||1985|
|EPC 86318||Sade||Promise (LP, Album, Gat)||Epic||EPC 86318||Greece||1985|
|CD EPC 86318||Sade||Promise (CD, Unofficial)||Epic||CD EPC 86318||Unknown|