Don't Try This at Home is the sixth full-length album by urban folk artist Billy Bragg. Sexuality" was released as a single which reached on the UK charts and on the . Johnny Marr of The Smiths co-wrote "Sexuality" and helped to produce two tracks. The song "Cindy of a Thousand Lives" is about photographer Cindy Sherman
Band Name Billy Bragg. Album Name Don't Try This at Home. Erscheinungsdatum 1991. Labels Elektra Records Go Discs Liberation. Musik GenreFolk Rock. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen0. 1. Accident Waiting to Happen. 2. Moving the Goalposts. 4. Cindy of a Thousand Lives. 5. You Woke Up My Neighbourhood.
Billy Bragg – Sexuality Lyrics. from album: Don't Try This At Home (1991). I've had relations with girls from many nations I've made passes at women of all classes And just because you're gay I won't turn you away If you stick around I'm sure that we can find some common ground. Chorus: Sexuality - Strong and warm and wild and free Sexuality - Your laws do not apply to me. A nuclear submarine sinks off the coast of Sweden Headlines give me headaches when I read them I had an uncle who once played for Red Star Belgrade He said that some things are really best left.
Don't try this at homeunknown. Phrase often used in TV shows. When people in it do stupid, dangerous or crazy things and show them to millions of people and they don't want to be responsible for injuries, deaths or any consequences that could happen to the audience. They cover themselves from any lawsuit, charge or accusation but still do it looking cool captivating the audience. Cool guy 1: "Remember kids, don't try this at home!" cool guy 1 breaks a brick with his head. Cool guy 2: "Now see this.
Biography by Stephen Thomas Erlewine. East Londoner at home with both socialist politics and heartbreak, styled on the solo attack of early Dylan and the passion of the Clash. Don't Try This at Home. Brewing Up with Billy . illy Bragg, Wilco. Mr. Love & Justice. See Full Discography.
Brewing Up With Billy Bragg 1. Don’t Try This at Home 1. The Internationale 1. Tooth & Nail 1. 2018 stats. Complete Album stats. Last updated: 16 Jun 2019, 15:50 Etc/UTC. More from this Artist.
The Peel Session Album released: 1991. Don’t Try This at Home released: 1991. Back to Basics released: 1987. Brewing Up With Billy Bragg released: 1984. 2006-07-16: Tolpuddle Martyrs' Festival, Dorset, UK released: 1987-03-07: Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand released: Mermaid Avenue Demos released: Tooth & Nail.
To the kids at home, watch it, no, don't try it (don't try-try it) Try to stop me, you get dropped just like my eyelids (uh-uh) Where you at, where you at, wait I found ya (yikes!) No point in runnin' for cover, no way around it (what) Wait a second, let me smoke, go ahead count it (count it all) Hundred minutes, hundred blunts you know my body (know my body) Want you bad almost got me writing bounties (writing bounties) There ain't nobody but Bones, baby I got you (what) Every blaze hurt my back and fuck.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Accident Waiting To Happen||3:59|
|2||Moving The Goalposts||2:32|
Written-By – Greg Trooper, Sid Griffin
|4||CIndy Of A Thousand Lives||4:13|
|5||You Woke Up My Neighbourhood
Written-By – Peter Buck
Written-By – Johnny Marr
|10||Mother Of The Bride||3:34|
|11||Tank Park Salute||3:34|
Written-By – Fred Neil
|13||North Sea Bubble||3:17|
|14||Rumours Of War||2:49|
|15||Wish You Were Her||2:45|
|16||Body Of Water
Written-By – Wiggy
- Acoustic Guitar – Billy Bragg, Johnny Marr (tracks: 9), Peter Buck (tracks: 5), Wiggy (tracks: 4)
- Backing Vocals – Andy Szabo (tracks: 15), Cara Tivey (tracks: 4), Kirsty MacColl (tracks: 4, 9), Lorraine Bowen (tracks: 1, 3, 7, 15), Michael Stipe (tracks: 5), Steven Lewis (tracks: 15), Victoria Taylor Roberts (tracks: 15)
- Bass – Andy Hobson (tracks: 4, 8), Danny Thompson (tracks: 12, 15), James Eller (tracks: 13), John Keane (tracks: 5), Wiggy (tracks: 1, 2, 10, 16)
- Cello – Julia Palmer (tracks: 2, 14)
- Clarinet – Lorraine Bowen (tracks: 6)
- Drums, Percussion – JFT Hood (tracks: 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16)
- Electric Guitar – Billy Bragg, Johnny Marr (tracks: 4, 5), Wiggy (tracks: 1, 5, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16)
- Engineer – John Keane (tracks: 5), Owen Morris (tracks: 9), Victor Van Vugt
- Flugelhorn – Dave Woodhead (tracks: 2, 6)
- Harmonica – Dave Johnson (tracks: 6)
- Keyboards – Amanda Vincent (tracks: 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 14, 15), Cara Tivey (tracks: 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 16), Johnny Marr (tracks: 9)
- Mandolin – Peter Buck (tracks: 3, 5), Wiggy
- Mastered By – Tim Young
- Mixed By – Owen Morris (tracks: 4)
- Pedal Steel Guitar – John Keane (tracks: 5)
- Percussion – Jody Linscott (tracks: 4, 9, 15)
- Piano – Cara Tivey (tracks: 3, 11)
- Producer – Grant Showbiz, Johnny Marr (tracks: 4, 9)
- Trombone – Caroline Hall (tracks: 8)
- Trumpet – Dave Woodhead (tracks: 8)
- Viola – Mary Ramsey (tracks: 7, 14)
- Violin – Andy Carlson (tracks: 5), Elliet MacKrell (tracks: 3, 10)
- Vocals – Billy Bragg
- Written-By – Billy Bragg (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 11, 13 to 16)
NotesRecorded at Cathouse South, Pavilion and Sonet studios, London; Clear, Manchester and at John Keanes studio and the Jester House.
Mixed at Unit 3, London and Clear, Manchester.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 711297106220
- Matrix / Runout: COOKCD 062 :⋅ MASTERED BY NIMBUS
|L 30630||Billy Bragg||Don't Try This At Home (2xLP, Album)||Liberation Records||L 30630||Australia||1991|
|YEP 2607||Billy Bragg||Don't Try This At Home (2xCD, RE, RM)||Yep Roc Records||YEP 2607||US||2006|
|COOK 062||Billy Bragg||Don't Try This At Home (2x12", Album, RE)||Cooking Vinyl||COOK 062||UK||1993|
|61121-4||Billy Bragg||Don't Try This At Home (Cass, Album)||Elektra||61121-4||US||1991|
|6D0853 DR, none||Billy Bragg||Don't Try This At Home (2xLP, Album)||DRO, Go! Discs||6D0853 DR, none||Spain||1991|