Featured New Releases. 8. Talking In Your Sleep.
As we look at the best New Wave albums of the ‘70s and ‘80s, we’re focused both on the early records which overlap with our 50 Best Post-Punk Albums list through the New Romantics, left-of-center power-pop and synth rock of the ‘80s. New Wave music meant a lot of things in the late 1970s. It encompassed pretty much everything that followed the punk movement that still served as an alternative to mainstream pop and rock. There was power-pop, neo-psychedelia, acid-punk, art rock and lots and lots of keyboards.
Note- These songs are not necessarily the artists all-time greatest, but their best of the 'New Wave' sound . I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow (1982) 88. Too Shy - Kajagoogoo (1983) 89. Fade to Grey - Visage 90.
Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the '80s is a series of compilations issued by Rhino Records, on both CD and audio cassette, featuring various artists from the new wave era 1977–1985. The series contained 15 volumes. The first five were released on 21 June 1994, volumes 6–10 on 18 October 1994, and the last five volumes on 20 June 1995. Additional themed volumes-New Wave Dance Hits, New Wave Women, New Wave Halloween, and New Wave Christmas-came out in subsequent years.
Music in the ‘80s had incredible charm. This article explores the greatest love songs from that magical decade. Endless Love"-Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. I Want to Know What Love Is"-Foreigner. Last Christmas"-Wham! "Saving All My Love for You"-Whitney Houston. Circle in the Sand"-Belinda Carlisle. My One Temptation"-Mica Paris. All of My Heart"-ABC. Zoom"-Fat Larry’s Band.
This list of 80s new wave songs includes some songs from the late 70s (they have to be really special to be included) and is by no means all inclusive. We will be adding more of the best new wave songs regularly. 1980), I Want Candy (1982), Go Wild in the Country (1982) Bronski Beat: Smalltown Boy (1984), Why? (1984) The Buggles: Video Killed the Radio Star (1980).
The Vocal Masters – I'd Love You To Want Me.
Various Artists 14-04-1997. Обща продължителност:50 min. 01. Everybody Wants To Rule The World. Roots Of Rock 80's New Wave. Автор на текста: Roland Orzabal - Ian Stanley - Christopher Merrick Hughes, Композитори: Roland Orzabal - Ian Stanley - Christopher Merrick Hughes.
80's UK New Wave Pure PUNK. Arts and entertainment. Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–A Flock Of Seagulls||I Ran (So Far Away)
Producer – Mike HowlettWritten-By – Alister Score*, Francis Maudsley*, Michael Score*, Paul Reynolds
Producer – Alex Sadkin, Tom BaileyWritten-By – A. Currie*, J. Leeway*, T. Bailey*
|3||–Dead Or Alive||You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Producer – Stock, Aitken & WatermanWritten-By – Michael Percy*, Peter Burns*, Steven Coy*, Timothy Lever*
|4||–The Stranglers||Skin Deep
Producer – Laurie Latham, The StranglersWritten-By – Dave Greenfield, Hugh Cornwell, Jean Jacques Burnel*, Jet Black
Producer – Bruce Dickinson , Tim ButlerWritten-By – Richard Butler, Timothy Butler*
|6||–After The Fire||Der Kommissar
Producer – After The Fire, John EdenWritten-By – Andy Piercy, Falco, Robert Ponger
|7||–Bow Wow Wow||I Want Candy
Producer – Kenny LagunaWritten-By – Bert Berns, Bob Feldman, Gerold Goldstein*, Richard Gottehrer
|8||–The Romantics||Talking In Your Sleep
Producer – Peter SolleyWritten-By – G. Canler*, J. Marinos*, M. Skill*, P. Solley*, W. Palmar*
Producer – Gerald V. Casale, Bob Casale*Written-By – Gerald V. Casale, Mark Mothersbaugh
|10||–Rough Trade||High School Confidential
Written-By – Carole Pope, Kevan Staples
|11||–The Cars||You Might Think
Written-By – Ric Ocasek
|12||–Squeeze||Pulling Mussels (From A Shell)
Producer – John Wood, Squeeze Written-By – Chris Difford / Glenn Tilbrook*
|13||–Joe Jackson||Is She Really Going Out With Him
Producer – D. Kershenbaum*, Joe JacksonWritten-By – Joe Jackson
Written-By – Gary Numan
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Zomba Productions Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nemperor Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Restless Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – High Romance Music Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music (Canada) Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music (Canada) Inc.
- Licensed From – Nemperor Records, Inc.
- Licensed From – Warner Music Canada
- Licensed From – True North Records
- Licensed From – Universal Music Canada
- Licensed From – Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Sony BMG Music (Canada) Inc.
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishers Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music, Inc.
- Published By – Sound Diagrams
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – BMG Songs
- Published By – Point Music Ltd.
- Published By – BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Burning Music Ltd
- Published By – Mat Music
- Published By – Colgems-EMI Music Inc.
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – EMI Songs Ltd.
- Published By – EMI April Music (Canada) Ltd.
- Published By – PS Music Wien
- Published By – SODRAC
- Published By – EMI United Partnership
- Published By – EMI April Music
- Published By – EMI Musical, S.A. De C.V.
- Published By – Devo Music
- Published By – EMI Virgin Music, Inc.
- Published By – Mummy Dust Music Ltd.
- Published By – Lido Music, Inc.
- Published By – Javeberry Ltd.
- Published By – Pokazuka Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Compilation Producer – James Greenspan
- Design [Graphic Design] – modernrockposters.com
- Executive-Producer – Susan Lute
- Mastered By – John Gilbert
NotesTrack 1 [published by] Zomba Enterprises, Inc. (ASCAP) / Virgin Music Inc. / Sound Diagrams / Warner Bros. Music Corp. ℗ 1982 Zomba Productions Ltd. A Flock Of Seagulls appears courtesy of Jive Records.
Track 2 [published by] BMG Songs / Point Music Ltd. / BMG Music Publishing Ltd. ℗ 1982 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited.
Track 3 [published by] Burning Music Ltd. / Mat Music. ℗ 1985 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited.
Track 4 [published by] Colgems-EMI Music Inc. ℗ 1984 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited.
Track 5 [published by] EMI Blackwood Music Inc. / EMI Songs Ltd. / EMI April Music Canada Ltd. ℗ 1984 Sony BMG Music Entertainment.
Track 6 [published by] PS Music Wien / SODRAC. ℗ 1982 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited.
Track 7 [published by] EMI United Partnership. ℗ 1993 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited.
Track 8 [published by] EMI April Music / EMI Musical, S.A. de C.V. ℅ EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. ℗ 1983 Nemperor Records, Inc. Licensed courtesy of Nemperor Records, Inc.
Track 9 [published by Devo Music / EMI Virgin Music, Inc. ℗ 1989 Restless Records. Licensed courtesy of Warner Music Canada.
Track 10 [published by] Mummy Dust Music Limited. ℗ 1980 High Romance Music Ltd. Licensed courtesy of True North Records.
Track 11 [published by] Lido Music Inc. ℗ 1984 Elektra. Licensed courtesy of Warner Music Canada.
Track 12 [published by] Javeberry Ltd. ℗ 1980 A&M Records Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Universal Music Canada.
Track 13 [published by] Pokazuka Ltd. ℗ 1979 A&M Records Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Universal Music Canada.
Track 14 [published by] Warner Chappell Music Ltd. ℗ 1979 Beggars Banquet Records Limited. Licensed courtesy of Beggars Banquet Records Limited.
This compilation ℗&© 2006 Sony BMG Music (Canada) Inc. Distributed by / Distribué par Sony BMG Music (Canada) Inc. Made in Canada.
Publishing entity 'Pokazuka Ltd.' is misspelled as 'Pokasuda Ltd' in the booklet, the proper spelled has been listed for this submission.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 2876-83459-2 4
- Barcode (String): 828768345924
- Matrix / Runout: 82876834592 S09747
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LW60
- Mould SID Code: 6707