Along Comes Cal (1967).
Callen Radcliffe "Cal" Tjader, Jr. (/ˈtʃeɪdər/ JAY-dər; July 16, 1925 – May 5, 1982) was an American Latin jazz musician, known as the most successful non-Latino Latin musician. He explored other jazz idioms, even as he continued to perform the music of Cuba, the Caribbean, and Latin America for the rest of his life. Tjader played the vibraphone primarily. He was accomplished on the drums, bongos, congas, timpani, and the piano. He worked with many musicians from several cultures.
CAL Tjader along comes CAL. : 6 results found.
Along Comes Call is a latin jazz music album recording by CAL TJADER released in 1967 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. A1 Quando Quando Que Sera A2 Round Midnight A3 Trick Or Treat A4 Yellow Days A5 Our Day Will Come A6 Along Comes Marry B1 Los Bandidos B2 Similau B3 Green Pepper B4 Samba Do Suenho. Bandidos & Samba Do Sueñho Congas - Armando Peraza Piano - Al Zulacia Bass - Stan Gilbert Drums - Carl Burnett.
Callen Radcliffe Tjader, J. . Cal Tjader (July 16, 1925 – May 5, 1982) was a Latin jazz musician, though he also explored various other jazz idioms. Along Comes Cal Album.
West Side Story (Cal Tjader album). West Side Story is an album featuring American vibraphonist Cal Tjader, consisting of musical numbers from Leonard Bernstein's West Side Story in jazz arrangements, by Tjader's pianist and musical director Clare Fischer, without vocals. It was recorded in October 1960 and released on the Fantasy label in January 1961 as Fantasy 3310, 8054 (reissued on LP in 1968, in stereo only, as Fantasy 8379).
Mambo With Tjader 1954. Cal Tjader's Latin Concert 1958. Monterey Concerts 1959. Descarga (Vinyl) 1971. Sentimental Moods 1958. 1. Quando Quando Que Sera.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Quando Quando Que Sera
Written-By – Farrill*, Marak*
Written-By – Hanighen*, Williams*, Monk*
|A3||Trick Or Treat
Written-By – Randazzo*, Pike*
Written-By – Bernstein*, Carrillo*
|A5||Our Day Will Come
Written-By – Hilliard*, Garson*
|A6||Along Comes Mary
Written-By – Almer*
Written-By – Tjader*
Written-By – Clar*, Coleman*
Written-By – Lake*
|B4||Samba Do Suenho
Written-By – Tjader*
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Manufactured By – MGM Records Division
- Arranged By, Conductor – Chico O'Farrill (tracks: A1 to A6, B1 to B3)
- Bass – Bobby Rodriguez (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B3), Stan Gilbert (tracks: B1, B4)
- Congas – Armando Peraza (tracks: B1, B4)
- Cover [Cover Art] – Jo Grey , Marvin Hayes
- Design [Cover Design] – Acy R. Lehman*
- Drums – Carl Burnett (tracks: B1, B4), Grady Tate (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B3)
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
- Engineer [Director Of Engineering] – Val Valentin
- Liner Notes – Gene Lees
- Organ – Derek Smith (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B3)
- Percussion – Armando Peraza (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B3), Ray Barretto (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B3)
- Piano – Al Zulaica (tracks: B1, B4), Chick Corea (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B3)
- Producer – Creed Taylor
NotesRecorded March 28 and 29, 1967 at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Track B1: recorded live at El Matador, San Francisco, January, 1967.
Tracks A1-A4: instrumental with vocal.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1): V6-8671 MGS-584
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2): V6-8671 MGS-585
|V6-8671||Cal Tjader||Along Comes Cal (LP, Album)||Verve Records||V6-8671||US||1967|
|8671||Cal Tjader||Along Comes Cal (Reel, 4tr Stereo, 7" Reel, Album)||Verve Records||8671||US||1967|
|V-8671||Cal Tjader||Along Comes Cal (LP, Album, Mono, Promo)||Verve Records||V-8671||US||1967|
|V-8671, V 8671 (D)||Cal Tjader||Along Comes Cal (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records, Verve Records||V-8671, V 8671 (D)||Canada||1967|
|V-8671||Cal Tjader||Along Comes Cal (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||V-8671||US||1967|