Mummer is the sixth studio album by the English band XTC, released on 30 August 1983. It reached No. 51 on the UK album chart and No. 145 on the . Billboard album charts. The album title refers to a Mummers play. Working titles considered for the album were Fallen From The Garden and Fruit. It spawned three UK singles; "Great Fire", "Wonderland" and "Love on a Farmboy's Wages" (reached No. 50 on the UK singles chart)
Mummer, the first album to follow Andy Partridge's mental breakdown, which led to XTC's retirement from touring, is very much the work of an eccentric in isolation. The album is a collection that builds on the groundwork of English Settlement with gentle, acoustic songs that evoke pastoral images and peaceful times.
Band Name XTC. Album Name Mummer. 15. Procession Towards Learning Land. Other productions from XTC. Waspstrumental.
Alben von XTC. Mummer Album. Veröffentlicht am 1983.
This album has an average beat per minute of 117 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 64/154 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page.
I was a huge fan of XTC by then and was just waiting and waiting for their next release and did not understand why a band who seemed to be gaining momentum (Senses Working Overtime was a big hit in England and on new wave stations and other cuts were played a lot) would have a problem getting an . So once again XTC does not disappoint and in fact I am glad they did not try to sell out and become big hit makers (Not likely given the fact that they were not touring anyway).
|1||Beating Of Hearts||4:01|
|3||Love On A Farmboy's Wages||3:58|
|5||Deliver Us From The Elements||4:34|
|10||Procession Towards Learning Land||3:34|
|14||In Loving Memory Of A Name||3:16|
|15||Me And The Wind||4:16|
|16||Funk Pop A Roll||3:01|
- Distributed By – Uni Distribution Corp.
- Manufactured By – Uni Distribution Corp.
- Manufactured By – DADC – DIDX-009690
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Nymph Music, Inc.
- Mixed By [Remixed By] – Alex Sadkin (tracks: 2, 12, 16), Phil Thorn* (tracks: 2, 12, 16), XTC (tracks: 2, 12, 16)
- Producer – Bob Sargeant (tracks: 4, 9), Steve Nye (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7, 8, 11 to 16), XTC (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 8, 10 to 16)
- Written-By – A. Partridge* (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6 to 13, 15, 16), Colin Moulding (tracks: 2, 5, 14)
Notes© 1987 Virgin Records Ltd.
℗ 1983 Virgin Records Ltd.
Made in USA.
Contains 6 additional tracks not on original LP (tracks 6 to 11).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 2064-24374-2 1
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX-009690 7
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L324
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 50A8
- Other (DADC number, printed on CD face): DIDX 009690
- Rights Society: BMI
- SPARS Code: AAD
|V 2264||XTC||Mummer (LP, Album)||Virgin||V 2264||UK||1983|
|V 2264||XTC||Mummer (LP, Album)||Virgin||V 2264||Australia||1983|
|M5G 4027||XTC||Mummer (Cass, Album)||Geffen Records||M5G 4027||US||1983|
|TCV 2264||XTC||Mummer (Cass)||Virgin||TCV 2264||UK||1983|
|CDVX2264, 724385067228, 7243 8 50672 2 8||XTC||Mummer (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Virgin, Virgin, Virgin||CDVX2264, 724385067228, 7243 8 50672 2 8||Europe||2001|