Crises is the eighth record album by Mike Oldfield, released in 1983 on Virgin Records. Oldfield's well known hits "Moonlight Shadow" and "Shadow on the Wall" appear on the album. The title track of the album is a twenty-minute-long piece, featuring a small amount of vocals, sung by Oldfield. The beginning and end of the track are driven by a synthesised lead passage, stylistically similar to the opening theme to Oldfield's Tubular Bells.
Other (Cat of "Five Miles Out"): VI 863022. Other (Cat of "Crises"): VI 863002. Other (Cat of "Heaven's Open"): VI 874892. Mastering SID Code ("Five Miles Out"): IFPI L046. Mould SID Code ("Heaven's Open"): IFPI 1512. Matrix, Runout ("Heaven's Open"): 786660 @ 1 1-2-25-NL. Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA.
2016 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Remastered 2015. The Best Of Mike Oldfield: 1992-2003. The Studio Albums: 1992-2003. Five Miles Out. Mike Oldfield. 1974 E Album Set Deluxe.
Oldfield’s follow-up to Five Miles Out was Crises, released little over a year later in May 1983. That album was responsible for another bit hit, this time Moonlight Shadow, which was a top ten hit in many countries around the world and in the UK is well known for being featured on the first of the long running Now That’s What I Call Music series
Virgin Compilation The Complete Mike Oldfield The Best of Mike Oldfield: Elements Elements: Mike Oldfield 1973-1991 The Essential Mike Oldfield Crisis Five Miles Out/Crisis/Heaven's Open Crises Elements: Mike Oldfield 1973-1991 Collection Sight and Sound: The Millennium Bell - Live in Berlin Moonlight Shadow. Mike Oldfield – Moonlight Shadow.
Five Miles Out. Duration: 50:14 Year: 1982. Golden Earring - Eight Miles High. Golden Earring - Miracle Mirror. Pink Floyd - The Endless River.
Five Miles Out is a music singles/eps/fan club/promo recording by MIKE OLDFIELD (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1982 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Five miles out (1982) by Mike Oldfield Import.
On Five Miles Out, Oldfield made rare vocal appearances alongside Scottish singer Maggie Reilly, who’d first collaborated with Oldfield on 1980’s QE2 and would work with him throughout the 1980s. Discs 2 and 3 feature another live show, this time from Wembley Arena in the summer of 1983. Finally, the box closes out with two DVDs: one of promo videos and live footage, the other of the album mixed in . surround sound.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bagpipes [Uilleann Pipes] – Paddy Moloney
Percussion – Carl Palmer
|1-5||Five Miles Out
Arranged By [Strings] – Morris PertConductor – Martyn FordDrums – Graham Broad
Bass – Phil SpaldingGuitar – Ant*
Bass – Phil Spalding
|2-3||In High Places
Vibraphone – Pierre MoerlenVocals – Jon Anderson
|2-6||Shadow On The Wall
Guitar – Ant*Vocals – Roger Chapman
|3-6||Music From The Balcony||19:44|
- Pressed By – EMI Uden
- Bass – David Levy (tracks: 3-1 to 3-6)
- Drums – Simon Phillips (tracks: 2-1 to 3-6)
- Guitar – Rick Fenn (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5, 2-1)
- Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Vocals, Synthesizer, Drums, Piano, Harp, Mandolin, Strings – Mike Oldfield
- Keyboards – Morris Pert (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5), Tim Cross (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5)
- Keyboards [Additional] – Andi Longhurst (tracks: 3-1 to 3-6)
- Organ [Hammond], Piano – Mickey Simmonds (tracks: 3-1 to 3-6)
- Percussion – Mike Frye (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5), Morris Pert (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5)
- Producer – Mike Oldfield (tracks: 1-1 to 2-6), Simon Phillips (tracks: 2-1 to 2-6), Tom Newman (tracks: 1-5, 3-1 to 3-6)
- Saxophone, Clarinet [Bass] – Courtney Pine (tracks: 3-1 to 3-6)
- Vocals – Maggie Reilly (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5, 2-2, 2-4)
NotesCardbox slipcase holding 3 individual jewel case CDs.
On "Heaven's Open" Mike Oldfield and Tom Newman call themselves "Michael Oldfield" and "Thom Newman" in order to dissociate from the musical material.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 724348 545923
- Other (Category of "Five Miles Out"): VI 863022
- Other (Category of "Crises"): VI 863002
- Other (Category of "Heaven's Open"): VI 874892
- Mastering SID Code ("Five Miles Out"): IFPI L046
- Mould SID Code ("Five Miles Out"): IFPI 1512
- Matrix / Runout ("Five Miles Out"): EMI UDEN 8391212 @ 1 3-4-7-NL
- Mastering SID Code ("Crises"): none
- Mould SID Code ("Crises"): IFPI 1448
- Matrix / Runout ("Crises"): 839122 @ 4 3-4-7-NL
- Mastering SID Code ("Heaven's Open"): none
- Mould SID Code ("Heaven's Open"): IFPI 1512
- Matrix / Runout ("Heaven's Open"): 786660 @ 1 1-2-25-NL
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA