Finesse (LP, Album). Finesse (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM). Funkytowngrooves, Sony Music Custom Marketing Group. CDSOL-7927, FTG-212, A 767363.
Finesse (LP, Album).
Finesse (Glenn Jones album). Jones toured with Connors and then in 1983, signed a deal with RCA. In the same year, he issued a five-track mini-album Everybody Loves A Winner that had the top 30 R&B single, "I Am Somebody". His first full-length album, Finesse, was released in 1984 and established Jones as a force in the industry. The single "Show Me," reached on the R&B charts. The second single, "Bring Back Your Love" reached on the R&B charts. His last album for RCA was Take It From Me which came out in 1986. Released in 1984, the album includes one of Jones' early hits, "Show Me," along with the semi-hit "Bring Back Your Love. Finesse" - (Leon Sylvers III, Pamela Phillips Oland). You're The One I Love" - (Steve Horton). Show Me" - (LaLa Cope).
Glenn Jones (born 1962 in Jacksonville, Florida) is an American R&B/soul singer. Jones started his career as a gospel singer, working and recording with the Florida-based gospel group, The Modulations, before managing a successful move into the R&B field. He got his recording start in R&B in 1980 when Norman Connors featured the singer on a track, "Melancholy Fire" on his album, Take It to the Limit. The song was released as a single, climbing to No. 20 on the Billboard R&B chart.
Glenn Jones stunning 1984 Album- Finesse, taken from the original master tapes. Glenn Jones - Keep on Doin'. Glenn Jones - Finesse via Funkytowngrooves - The HOME of Soul, Funk, Disco and Jazz CD reissues. Glenn Jones - Giving Myself To You.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Leon Silvers III*, Pamela Phillips Oland
|A2||You're The Only One I Love
Written-By – Steve »City« Horton*
Written-By – LaLa*
|A4||It Hurts Too Much
Written-By – Dana Marshall , Wardell Potts, Jr*
|B1||Meet Me Half Way There
Written-By – Dana Marshall , Dana Meyers, Rickey Smith, Wardell Potts, Jr*
|B2||Bring Back Your Love
Written-By – Dana Marshall , Rickey Smith, Wardell Potts, Jr*
Written-By – Angelique Giles, Wayne Brathwaite
|B4||On The Floor
Written-By – Dana Marshall , Rickey Smith, Sidney Justin
- Marketed By – RCA Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RCA Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RCA Records
- Distributed By – RCA S.A.
- Distributed By – RCA Schallplatten GmbH
- Distributed By – RCA S.P.A.
- Distributed By – RCA B.V.
- Distributed By – RCA Ltd.
- Executive Producer – Louise C. West
- Producer – LaLa Cope* (tracks: A2, A3, B3), Leon Silvers III* (tracks: A1, A4 to B2, B4), Steve Horton (tracks: A2, A3, B3), Wayne Brathwaite (tracks: A2, A3, B3)
NotesLabels state "All timings are approximate".
Phonographic Copyright: Cover, RCA Records. Labels, RCA Corporation.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 035628 803610
- Label Code: LC 0316
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A stamped, III II etched, II as Roman numeral): DM B-1661 A-1/84 S III II
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B stamped, III II etched, II as Roman numeral): DM B-1661 B-1/84 S III II
- Distribution Code (Germany): AO
- Distribution Code (France): RC 250
- Distribution Code (U.K.): FG
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Rights Society: GEMA
|NFL1-8036||Glenn Jones||Finesse (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||NFL1-8036||US||1984|
|NFL1-8036||Glenn Jones||Finesse (LP, Album)||RCA Victor||NFL1-8036||Canada||1984|
|NFK1-8036||Glenn Jones||Finesse (Cass, Album)||RCA||NFK1-8036||US||1984|
|ND 88036, ND88036||Glenn Jones||Finesse (CD, Album, RE)||RCA, RCA||ND 88036, ND88036||Europe||Unknown|
|NL88036||Glenn Jones||Finesse (LP, Album)||RCA||NL88036||Europe||1984|