Complete your Anita O'Day collection. referencing Trav'lin' Light, LP, Album, Mono, V-2157. I don't believe that this is the 2nd pressing as stated. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Trav'lin' Light (Anita O'Day album). Trav'lin' Light is an album by Anita O'Day released on Norman Granz's Verve record label in 1961. It was a tribute to her idol Billie Holiday. It was recorded January 18 and 19, 1961, in Los Angeles, California. The music was arranged by Johnny Mandel and Russ Garcia and features Ben Webster and Mel Lewis among the personnel. Trav'lin' Light" (Johnny Mercer, Jimmy Mundy, Trummy Young) - 3:36.
Trav'lin' Light is an album by Anita O'Day released on Norman Granz 's Verve record label in 1961. Waiter, Make Mine Blues is a vocal jazz album by Anita O'Day released in April 1961 on Verve Records. This was th. mage: Anitamake. All the Sad Young Men (album). All the Sad Young Men is a 1962 album by Anita O'Day, arranged by Gary McFarland and produced by Creed Taylor. Image: Anita Sad Young Men Gary.
Album · 1961 · 12 Songs. Trav'lin' Light Anita O'Day.
Trav'lin' Light" is a 1942 song composed by Trummy Young and Jimmy Mundy with lyrics by Johnny Mercer. In 1942, with vocals by Billie Holiday, Paul Whiteman hit number one on the Harlem Hit Parade charts for three non consecutive weeks. The song also hit the pop charts at number 23 for one week. The Paul Whiteman release lists Billie Holiday as "Lady Day". The trombone is played by Skip Layton. The recording was also re-released as a V-Disc in October, 1944 by the .
Artists Anita O'Day Trav'lin' Light. This album has an average beat per minute of 118 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 64/178 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Trav'lin' Light.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Lyrics By – Mercer*Music By – Mundy*, Young*
|2||The Moon Looks Down And Laughs
Written-By – Kalmar*, Ruby*, Silvers*
Written-By – Herzog Jr.*, Holiday*
|4||(You Forgot To) Remember
Written-By – Berlin*
|5||Some Other Spring
Written-By – Herzog Jr.*, Kitchings*
|6||What A Little Moonlight Can Do
Written-By – Woods*
|7||Miss Brown To You
Lyrics By – Robin*Music By – Rainger*, Whiting*
|8||God Bless The Child
Written-By – Herzog Jr.*, Holiday*
|9||If The Moon Turns Green
Lyrics By – Cates*Music By – Hanighen*
|10||I Hear Music
Lyrics By – Loesser*Music By – Lane*
|11||Lover Come Back To Me
Written-By – Hammerstein II*, Romberg*
|12||Crazy He Calls Me
Lyrics By – Russell*Music By – Sigman*
- Distributed By – Polydor K.K.
- Arranged By, Conductor – Johnny Mandel (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12)
- Arranged By, Producer – Russ Garcia* (tracks: 2, 4 to 8)
- Bass – Buddy Clark
- Drums – Mel Lewis
- Guitar – Al Viola (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12)
- Leader, Guitar – Barney Kessel (tracks: 2, 4 to 8)
- Liner Notes – Don Gold
- Piano – Jimmy Rowles (tracks: 2, 4 to 8), Russ Freeman (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12)
- Saxophone – Chuck Gentry (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12), Joe Maini (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12)
- Tenor Saxophone – Ben Webster (tracks: 2, 4 to 8)
- Trombone – Dick Nash (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12), Frank Rosolino (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to12), L. MacCreary* (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12), Stu Williamson (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12)
- Trumpet – Al Porcino (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12), Don Fagerquist (tracks: 2, 4 to 8), Jack Sheldon (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12), John Anderson, Jr.* (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12), Ray Triscari (tracks: 1, 3, 9 to 12)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 4 988005 224644
|V-2157||Anita O'Day||Trav'lin' Light (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||V-2157||US||1961|
|771786||Anita O'Day||Trav'lin' Light (LP, Album, Mono, Ltd, RE, RM)||WaxTime||771786||Europe||2012|
|T. 600||Anita O'Day||Trav'lin' Light (LP, Album, Mono)||The World Record Club Limited||T. 600||UK||1967|
|2304 584||Anita O'Day||Trav'lin' Light (LP, Album, RE)||Verve Records||2304 584||France||Unknown|
|MV 2582||Anita O'Day||Trav'lin' Light (LP, Album, RP)||Verve Records||MV 2582||Japan||1975|