Let It Come Down is the fourth album by the rock band Spiritualized, released in 2001. It was recorded and produced at Abbey Road and AIR Studios. It took Jason Pierce, Spiritualized's lead singer, guitarist and sole constant member four years to write, perform, produce and release. The album utilises 115 session musicians, including orchestra and London Community Gospel Choir
Songs in album Spiritualized - Let It Come Down (2001).
Modifier l'album Reporter une erreur. Space Rock Spiritualized. Liste des groupes Space Rock Spiritualized Let It Come Down. ajouter les paroles de l'album. Ajouter un fichier audio. Nom du groupe Spiritualized. Membres possèdant cet album0. 2. Do It All Over Again. 3. Don't Just Do Something. 6. The Straight and the Narrow. 7. I Didn't Mean to Hurt You. 8. Stop Your Crying.
Such influences dominated Spiritualized's next album, Let It Come Down, which included over 120 musicians. Amazing Grace favoured a more stripped down sound with the gospel, blues, and soul influences even more dominant than before. On 15 June 1997, Spiritualized became the last band to play at Factory Records' Manchester nightclub The Haçienda.
2-LP set) Let It Come Down is the fourth album by Spiritualized, originally released in 2001. Jason Pierce spent four years writing, performing, recording and finally releasing the follow up to his 1997 breakthrough album Ladies And Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space. Let It Come Down features a full orchestra, gospel choir, and many back up musicians to fulfill Pierce s ambitions.
4 years later, Pierce is still writing from a place of deep pain. But in the beginning of this album things seemed a lot more light spirited. In the first three tracks, the themes are about moving on and not having regrets. Do It All Over again sounds energetic and brings back that good blues the listener has come to known Spiritualized for. Don't Just.
Let It Come Down is the fourth album by the rock band Spiritualized, released in 2001. The album utilises 115 session musicians, including orchestra and London Community Gospel Choir. com/Let It Come Down (Spiritualized album). Let It Come Down may refer to: Let It Come Down (novel), a 1952 novel by Paul Bowles.
|2||Do It All Over Again||3:48|
|3||Don't Just Do Something||6:53|
|4||Out Of Sight||6:11|
|5||The Twelve Steps||4:43|
|6||The Straight & The Narrow||5:11|
|7||I Didn't Mean To Hurt You||5:13|
|8||Stop Your Crying||5:16|
|10||Won't Get To Heaven (The State I'm In)||10:33|
|11||Lord Can You Hear Me||5:37|
- Alto Vocals – Emer McParland, Heather Cairncross, Rachel Weston
- Arranged By – J. Spaceman
- Artwork [Yoko Sculpture] – Don Brown
- Bass [Fender Jazz Bass], Bass [Fender Musicmaster], Bass [Fender Bass VI], Bass [Burns Bass], Bass [Fender Telecaster], Banjo, Piano – Martin Schellard
- Bass Clarinet – David Fuest
- Bass Trombone – Andy Waddicor, Dave Stewart , Roger Argente
- Bass Vocals – Michael Dore, Simon Grant
- Bassoon – Celia Birkenshaw, Gavin McNaughton
- Cello – Tony Pleeth*, Cathy Giles, David Daniels, Jonathan Tunnell
- Choir – London Community Gospel Choir
- Clarinet – Anthony Pike, Richard Addison
- Composed By [All String And Horn Parts] – Spaceman*
- Conductor, Score [Music Scores] – Martin Schellard
- Contractor [Orchestra] – Edmund Coxon
- Cor Anglais – Jane Marshall
- Countertenor Vocals – Nigel Short
- Design [And Sleeve Concept] – Farrow Design, Spaceman*
- Directed By [Choir] – Daniel Thomas
- Double Bass – Diane Clarke*, Mary Scully
- Drums [Gretsch Drum Kit] – Kevin Bales
- Edited By [& Post Production] – Spaceman*, Mads Bjerke
- Engineer [Assistant] – Andy Saunders, Chris Clark , Dan Porter, Lorraine Francis, Ricky Graham
- Flute [Bass, Contra-bass], Alto Flute – Andy Findon*
- Flute [Bass], Alto Flute – Dave Heath
- French Horn – Dave Lee , Hugh Seenan, Martin Owen, Michaela Betts, Nigel Black, Paul Gardham, Richard Ashton, Richard Bissel*
- Guitar [Fender Telecaster], Guitar [Fender Jaguar], Guitar [Gibson Firebird], Organ [Vox Continental], Organ [Fafisa Compact], Piano, Synthesizer [Juno 106], Acoustic Guitar [Martin Acoustic] – John Coxon
- Guitar [Fender Thinline], Guitar [Fender Jaguar], Guitar [Epiphone Olympic], Guitar [Vox Starstreamer Xii], Acoustic Guitar [Martin Acoustic], Banjo, Organ [Vox Continental], Organ [Farfisa Compact], Piano, Harmonica, Vocals – Spaceman*
- Guitar [Gibson Les Paul Gold Top], Guitar [Gibson Les Paul Custom], Guitar [Fender Telecaster], Guitar [Vox Bulldog], Acoustic Guitar [Martin Acoustic], Harmonica – Doggen Foster*
- Harp – Helen Tunstall
- Management – Frank Gironda, Lookout Management
- Management [Orchestral Administrator] – Alice Hills
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Spaceman*, Mads Bjerke
- Oboe – Chris Cowie , Margaret Tindale
- Organ [Hammond C3], Organ [Vox Continental], Organ [Farfisa Compact], Organ [Vk7], Synthesizer [Kurzweil K2000], Synthesizer [Minimoog], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Piano – Thighpaulsandra
- Piano – Chris Clark
- Producer – J. Spaceman, John Coxon
- Recorded By – Guy Massey, Mads Bjerke
- Saxophone, Clarinet – David Temple, Pete Whyman, Tamar Osborn
- Soprano Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Raymond Dickaty*
- Soprano Vocals – Jacqueline Barron, Sarah Eyden
- Tenor Vocals – Andrew Busher, Andrew Gray , Gerard O'Beirne
- Trombone – Colin Sheen, Graham Lee , James Adams , James Adams , Mike Hext, Roger Brenner
- Trumpet – Andy Crowley, Ben Edwards , Bob Farley, Ian Balmain, Nick Smart, Paul Archibald, Paul Beniston
- Tuba – David O'Carroll
- Vibraphone, Marimba, Timpani, Bells [Tubular Bells], Percussion – Tom Edwards
- Viola – Bruce White, Kate Musker, Philip Dukes, Roger Chase
- Violin [First] – Cathy Thompson, Christina Emanuel, Everton Nelson, Ian Humphries, Jackie Shave, Laura Malhuish*, Patrick Kiernan, Steve Morris
- Violin [First], Leader – Edmund Coxon
- Violin [Second] – Ann Morfee, Dai Emanuel*, Jeremy Morris, Jonathan Rees, Miffy Hirsch, Perry Montague-Mason, Sonia Slaney*
- Vocals – Mimi Parker
- Vocals [London Community Gospel Choir] – Aaron Paul Sokell*, Carmen Smart, Donovan Keith Lawrence*, Irene Forrester*, Jasette Barratt*, Jenny Graham, Jenny La Touche*, Michelle John-Douglas*, Samantha Smith, Travis Jae Cole*, Vernetta Meade*, Vimbai Shire, Wayne Hernandez, Wendi Rose
- Written-By – J. Spaceman
NotesLimited edition packaging:
Comes in a plastic casing with a molding of the girl pictured in the original artwork. Gold CD is housed in a slipcase (which slides onto the backside of the packaging) with the song titles embossed into the card stock and the credits are printed on the reverse side.
Recorded at Air Studios and Abbey Road. Mixed at Olympic Studios. Post production and editing at Innovations Studio. Mastered at Gateway Mastering, Vacationland, U.S.A.
All tracks published by Redemption Songs Limited.
℗ & © 2001 BMG Entertainment International UK & Ireland Limited.
Distributed by the local BMG company, a unit of BMG Entertainment.
A Spaceman Recording.
Made in the E.U.
Dedicated with all my love and life to Juliette. For Poppy.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7822-14698-2 1
- Label Code: LC03484
|OPM001LP, 74321882231||Spiritualized||Let It Come Down (2xLP, Album)||Spaceman Records, Arista||OPM001LP, 74321882231||UK||2001|
|74321 893072||Spiritualized||Let It Come Down (CD, Album, Promo)||Arista||74321 893072||Europe||2001|
|OPM 001, 74321 87853 2||Spiritualized||Let It Come Down (CD, Album, Ltd)||Spaceman Records, Arista||OPM 001, 74321 87853 2||UK||2001|
|OPM001CD, 74321882242||Spiritualized®*||Let It Come Down (CD, Album)||Spaceman Records, Arista||OPM001CD, 74321882242||UK & Europe||2001|
|74321878534||Spiritualized||Let It Come Down (Cass)||BMG Music||74321878534||2001|