Following the exchange featured on Dalmak (2014 Juno winner for Instrumental Album Of The Year) and the intense, rock-inflected Lost Voices (2016 Juno nominee for Instrumental Album and winner for Album Package), Esmerine embarked on a soundtrack commission for the National Film Board documentary "Freelancer on the Front Line" (about independent journalism in the Middle East).
Esmerine - A Trick of the Light 02:31. Esmerine - My Mamma Pinned a Rose on Me 06:54. Esmerine - Funambule (Deus pas de Serein) 07:45. Esmerine - Our Love We Sing 03:47. Esmerine - Lullaby for Nola 02:34.
Constellation CST 116CD.
Esmerine – Lost Voices (2015). Posted by NewAlbumReleases. net On October - 16 - 2015. Artist: The Moody Blues.
Constellation Records. Esmerine, "The Neighbourhoods Rise". 3 years ago 3 years ago. neoclassical. Esmerine - "The Neighbourhoods Rise" from 'Lost Voices'. Out 16 October 2015 on Constellation: cstrecords. Released by: Constellation.
It does harken back to the familiar post-rock sounds of GY!BE and ASMZ, but where it differs is on a more transcendental level. The aforementioned bands might lead you down a path you know where you’re going but Esmerine leaves you with a big question mark. After hearing this record, there is absolutely no reason why Esmerine should have to live in the shadows of ASMZ and the more widely known GY!BE. Esmerine shows amazing talent and an ear for pleasing sounds that make you constantly ask questions as to it’s intent. I found myself very relaxed and at peace while having an undertone of discomfort.
1. The Neighbourhoods Rise. 2. A River Runs Through This City. More albums from Esmerine. Mechanics of Dominion.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Neighbourhoods Rise
Guitar – Jace Lasek
|2||A River Runs Through This City||6:02|
|3||Pas Trop Pas Tropes||4:26|
Guitar – Ian Ilavsky
|5||A Trick Of The Light
Piano, Composed By [Piano] – Vid Cousins
|6||My Mamma Pinned A Rose On Me
Synth – Jace Lasek
|7||Funambule (Deus Pas De Serein)
Goblet Drum [Darbuka], Tambourine [Riq], Glockenspiel – Pierre-Guy BlanchardGuitar – Jace Lasek
|8||Our Love We Sing
Electronic Valve Instrument – Colin Stetson
|9||Lullaby For Nola||2:34|
- Recorded At – Mixart Studios
- Recorded At – Six Saint V
- Mixed At – Breakglass Studios
- Artwork – Clyde Henry
- Cello, Harmonium, Piano, Voice – Beckie Foon
- Contrabass, Bass Guitar – Jérémi Roy
- Drums, Marimba, Glockenspiel – Jamie Thompson
- Guitar – James Hakan Dedeoğlu (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7)
- Marimba, Marimba [Bowed], Glockenspiel, Vibraphone – Bruce Cawdron
- Mastered By – Ryan Morey
- Mixed By – Ian Ilavsky, Jace Lasek
- Recorded By – Vid Cousins
- Violin – Sophie Trudeau (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 9)
- Violin, Lute [Ekonting], Cornet [Cavalry], French Horn, Sarod, Bass Guitar – Brian Sanderson
- Written-By – Esmerine
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Best Buy): 29432091
- ASIN (Amazon): B014GOADCU
- Matrix / Runout: AMT61817R
|CST116-1||Esmerine||Lost Voices (LP, Album, 180)||Constellation||CST116-1||Canada||2015|