Menswear (sometimes styled [email protected]) were a Britpop band formed in October 1994 from Camden in London. They released a number of singles and an album, Nuisance, on the short-lived London Records subsidiary Laurel. A second album followed, which was released only in Japan; the group broke up in 1998. Menswear, made up of a new line-up in addition to frontman Dean, played their first show in 15 years in August 2013.
Label: Laurel Catalog 828 676 2 Format: CD, Album Country: UK & Europe Released: 1995 Genre: Rock Style: Brit Pop, Indie Rock. At the time of their first single, they appropriated the sound of Blur and the style of Pulp; by the time Nuisance was released, they also incorporated the sound of Elastica and Oasis, making the band a virtual Cliff Notes of Brit-pop. Naturally, Menswear doesn't quite have the skills or panache of any of their idols, but that doesn't mean they are lacking in charm.
They might have copped all kinds of flak in their day, but Being Brave by [email protected] is a straight-up quality record. Love this song!! from their album wearband pi. witter.
Menswe R download free and listen online. [email protected] The One ( album, "Nuisance", 1995 ). (play). [email protected] Sleeping In ( album, "Nuisance", 1995 ). [email protected] We love you. Other listen.
Members of Dodgy, the Bluetones, [email protected], Salad and Marion remember the dark days of Britpop – and what has happened since. In 1994 we were recording our second album at the same time, and in the same studio, that the Stone Roses were making theirs. That's where the King Monkey thing comes from. The Guardian's Caroline Sullivan phoned us up and said: "I hear you've been in the studio with the Roses, have you got anything to say?"
Crucial singles: "Daydreamer," "I'll Manage Somehow," "Stardust". They probably don't deserve to be the punchline of so many Britpop jokes, but their best work is only just mediocre so it's hard to defend them. The definitely brought a lot of it on themselves with that @ in their name, though. 32. Dodgy, Homegrown. Crucial singles: "Melodies Haunt You," "Staying Out for the Summer". Dodgy are also the butt of many jokes, but they made the active decision to be called Dodgy
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||125 West 3rd Street||3:06|
|2||I'll Manage Somehow||2:35|
Flute – Porl FletcherHorns – The Kick Horns
|4||Little Miss Pinpoint Eyes||2:07|
Producer – Marc Waterman
Arranged By – Neill King, Nick Ingman, Porl FletcherLeader [Strings Led By] – Gavyn WrightStrings – The London Session Orchestra
|8||Around You Again||3:24|
Arranged By – Nick IngmanLeader [Strings Led By] – Gavyn WrightStrings – The London Session Orchestra
Horns – The Kick Horns
|11||Piece Of Me
Cello – Sian Bell
|12.3||Bones And Red Meat||3:22|
- Marketed By – Barclay
- Marketed By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Laurel
- Copyright (c) – Laurel
- Copyright (c) – Laurel Records
- Made By – PMDC, Germany
- Recorded At – Real World Studios
- Mixed At – Westside Studios
- Mixed At – Air Studios
- Published By – Island Music
- Artwork [Image Manipulation] – FTP Creative Imaging
- Bass, Acoustic Guitar – Stuart Black
- Design – Stylorouge
- Drums, Percussion – Matt Everitt
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Chris Gentry
- Electric Guitar, Backing Vocals – Simon White
- Engineer [Mix Engineer] – Simon Sheridan
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Russel Kearney*
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Percussion – Johnny Dean
- Organ, Keyboards, Piano – Porl Fletcher
- Photography By [All Other Photography] – David Sims
- Photography By [Front Photography] – Simon Fowler
- Producer – Neill King (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12)
NotesVariant of Nuisance: made by PMDC, Germany instead of PDO, UK. Issued in a standard jewel case with a 12-panel foldout insert.
Track 12 includes an unlisted hidden track. Total duration is 14:38.
828 676 2 on spine, back cover and CD label
828 676-2 on the insert
Recorded at Real World Studios, U.K. Mixed at Westside Studios, U.K. Except track 5 recorded at Real World Studios, U.K. Mixed at Air Studios, U.K.
Marketed in France by Barclay and in Germany by Metronome Musik GmbH
℗ 1995 Laurel © 1995 Laurel
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Laurel Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 042282867629
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 7654
- Price Code: PY 900
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 828 676-2 01 > MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC I
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 828 676-2 01 > MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC F
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI L002
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 01A9
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 01G1
|828 676 2||[email protected]*||Nuisance (CD, Album)||Laurel||828 676 2||UK & Europe||1995|
|828 676 4||[email protected]*||Nuisance (Cass, Album)||Laurel||828 676 4||Thailand||1995|
|422-828-676-2||[email protected]*||Nuisance (CD, Album)||London Records||422-828-676-2||Canada||1995|
|P2-28676||[email protected]*||Nuisance (CD, Album, Club)||London Records||P2-28676||US||1995|
|828 676 2||[email protected]*||Nuisance (CD, Album)||Laurel||828 676 2||Australasia||1995|