Bingham String Quartet. Members: Brenda Stewart, James Halsey (2), Mark Messenger, Miriam Lowbury, Sally-Ann Weeks, Steve Bingham (3. .Elizabeth Maconchy, Bingham String Quartet - The Complete String Quartets Vol. 2: String Quartets Nos 5-8 (CD). Bingham String Quartet. Bingham String Quartet (CD, Album). Jacob Weinberg, Jorge Federico Osorio, Barcelona Symphony, Karl Anton Rickenbacher, Bingham String Quartet, Patrick Mason (2), BBC Singers, Kenneth Kiesler
Elizabeth Maconchy: Complete String Quartets. String Quartet No. 1. Allegro feroce. Bingham Quartet, Mistry Quartet. 2. Scherzo (Allegro molto). 3. Andante sostenuto. 5. Molto lento.
Album · 2006 · 12 Songs. String Quartet in C Minor: IV. Allegro con fuoco. By Sholom Secunda - Bingham String Quartet. 12 Songs, 1 Hour 17 Minutes. Released: Jan 17, 2006. More By Bingham String Quartet.
Elizabeth Maconchy: String Quartets Vol. 2010. Bridge & Scott: Piano Quintets. Music for Soprano and String Quartet. Songs for 2 Children. Joseph Horovitz: The Essential Collection. Philip Cashian, Martin Butler & David Nicholls: Works for String Quartet.
This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. 6 in G major, op. 101: II. Moderato con moto. 101: III. Lento.
Maconchy's cycle of thirteen string quartets, composed between 1932 and 1983, is regarded as the peak of her musical achievements. Historian of music Anna Beer has contended that "Maconchy loved the quartet form because it represented a debate, a dialectic between four balanced, individual, impassioned voices. She also wrote for voice. Maconchy wrote three one-act operas, including the erotic comic opera 'The Sofa', based on an eighteenth century novel, and stylistically in "dialogue with Mozart", which shocked the audience for its explicitness.
Maconchy: The Complete String Quartets Vol 1 - Nos 1-4 (1989-12-08). ELIZABETH MACONCHY DISC ONE (Total Time 59:00) STRING QUARTETS NOS 1-4 String Quartet No. 1 (1932/3) 1. Allegro feroce 2. Scherzo (Allegro molto) 3. Andante sostenuto 4. Presto String Quartet No. 2 (1936) 5. Molto lento 6. Poco presto 7. Lento Sostenuto 8. Allegro String Quartet No. 3 (1938) 9. Lento Presto Andante Presto Poco largamente String Quartet No. 4.
String Quartet No. 12 (1979): IV. Molto moderato - Allegro moderato, vigoroso. 11. 13 Quartetto Corto (1984): I. Allegro moderato. 12. 13 Quartetto Corto (1984): II. Elizabeth Maconchy: String Quartets Vol. Maconchy, . Sofa (The), The Departure. Maconchy: Symphony for Double String Orchestra - Serenata Concertante. More Elizabeth Maconchy. Listen to Elizabeth Maconchy – The Complete String Quartets Vol. 3 now. 3 in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Episodes for String Quintet: IV. Semplice. Episodes for String Quartet: I. Lento mysterioso. Episodes for String Quartet: V. Presto.
|Quartet No. 5||(17:07)|
|1||Molto Lento - Allegro Molto||4:47|
|Quartet No. 6||(19:31)|
|5||Passacaglia - Lento Moderato||7:13|
|7||Lento Espressivo, Rubato||4:59|
|8||Allegro Molto, Con Brio||3:03|
|Quartet No. 7||(17:22)|
|10||Scherzo I, Prestissimo||1:43|
|11||Lento, Tempo Libero||5:52|
|12||Scherzo II, Vivo||2:33|
|Quartet No. 8||(14:52)|
|14||Lento - Allegro Moderato, Vigoroso||4:29|
|15||Scherzo - Allegro Molto||2:47|
|16||Lento (Tempo Libero Senza Misura)||4:12|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Unicorn-Kanchana
- Copyright (c) – Unicorn-Kanchana
- Published By – Alfred Lengnick & Co., Ltd.
- Published By – Faber Music Ltd.
- Made By – PDO, UK – 10109891
- Recorded At – Radley College Concert Hall, Abingdon
- Cello – Susan Monks*
- Composed By – Elizabeth Maconchy
- Design – Terry Shannon
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Tony Faulkner
- Ensemble [String Quartet] – Bingham String Quartet
- Liner Notes – Elizabeth Maconchy, Nicola LeFanu
- Painting [Front Cover, "Achill Horses"] – Mainie Jellett
- Photography By [Bingham String Quartet] – Carpenter Turner*
- Photography By [Elizabeth Maconchy Summer 1962] – Nicola LeFanu
- Photography By [Elizabeth Maconchy] – Suzie Maeder
- Producer [Recording Producer] – Misha Donat
- Viola – Brenda Stewart
- Violin – Mark Messenger, Stephen Bingham*
- Silver label / blue text
- "UNICORN_KANCHANA" logo at top
- "UNICORN RECORDS LTD STEREO ℗ 1990" at 3 o'clock
- "MADE IN ENGLAND" at 3 o'clock
- "MCPS" Rights Society at 4 o'clock
- "Nos 5 - 7 pub. Lengnick & Co Ltd No 8 pub Faber Music Ltd" at 4 o'clock
- "Total: 69:27" at 6 o'clock
- 12 pages
- "Recording Location: The Concert Hall at Radley College, Abingdon on 28 - 30 March 1989"
- "Front Cover: Mainie Jellett (1896-1943). 'Achill Horses', 1944. Oil on canvas. By courtesy of the National Gallery of Ireland"
- "Quartets Nos 5, 6 & 7 published by Lengnick & Co Ltd"
- "Quartet No 8 published by Faber Music Ltd"
- Notes by Elizabeth Maconchy on writing string quartets / notes on each quartet © Elizabeth Maconchy 1989
- Biography of Elizabeth Maconchy © Nicola LeFanu
- "Total: 69:27"
- "℗ Unicorn-Kanchana 1990"
- "© Unicorn-Kanchana 1990"
- "MADE IN ENGLAND"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 53068 90812 2
- Matrix / Runout: DKPCD 9081 10109891 03 &
- Rights Society: MCPS
- SPARS Code: DDD