Listen to albums and songs from Jon Shain. Old-timey-inspired country music. Shain's acoustic songs are accompanied by drippy lap steel slides, as well as a richly toned mandolin. His rhythm section operates like a well-oiled machine, as Shain's warm, rural vocals lend his songs a front porch intimacy. Arlo Guthrie, Richard Buckner, Townes Van Zandt.
Jon Shain (born Jonathan Bruce Shain, November 18, 1967 in Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States) is an American folk musician, guitarist, singer-songwriter, producer, and recording artist based in Durham, North Carolina. Shain is the 2019 International Blues Challenge winner in the solo/duo category. Shain has released ten solo albums, and has also recorded with the bands WAKE and Flyin' Mice
Jon Shain has done it again. His latest album, Army Jacket Winter, is superb. Shain's songwriting is stellar, as is his guitar work. He really has reached a level of creative excellence that guarantees his songs are consistently literate, intriguing and musically nuanced. The arrangements that underpin the tracks are uncluttered yet rich in sonic ideas that elevate the album well beyond the scope of commonplace singer-songwriter discs. Jon Shain crosses rich musical terrain in this, his third and finest solo release. Shain takes us on a breezy, open-air train ride through the history of American music, moving seamlessley through folk, swing, ragtime, Piedmont and country blues.
We know and book great talent and anticipate trends, and have been doing that for 38 years. Fiddle & Bow is bringing Jon Shain, winner of the 2019. Fiddle & Bow presents Jon Shain and FJ Ventre at UpStage Cabaret at Triad Stage in Greensboro. 12 Nisan, 14:03 ·. Herkese Açık.
Jon Shain grew up in Haverhill, Massachusetts, a Merrimack River mill-town that had already seen its better days by the time he was a child in the 1970s. His family’s business was a small textile dyeing company, and he worked in the factory during the summers throughout his teens. At the same time, Shain began to discover his love of American roots music and songwriting, specifically drawn to the narratives about regular people and themes of social justice. Shain's classes in school were heavily concentrated in southern history, English, and world religions. That mixture of the academic environment and the real-world blues music is what has most informed his musical direction. Jon Shain is the rare folkie who truly brings the "chops" to his songs along with the lyrics.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Elton John And Bernie Taupin*
Written-By – Hank Williams Sr*
|3||Peace Like A River
Written-By – Paul Simon
Written-By – Elliott Smith
|5||It's Not Happening
Written-By – Frazey Obadiah Ford*
|6||Good Old Desk
Written-By – Harry Nilsson
Written-By – Cole Porter
Written-By – Jimmy Webb
|9||Never My Love
Written-By – Richard P Addrisi*, Donald J Addrisi*
|10||Sip The Wine
Written-By – Tim Drummond
|11||Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me
Written-By – Mississippi John Hurt
- Published By – Universal - Songs Of Polygram International, Inc.
- Published By – Sony/ATV Acuff Rose Music
- Published By – Paul Simon Music
- Published By – Universal Music-Careers
- Published By – Nettwerk Songs Publishing (UK) Ltd.
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Golden Syrup Music
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Gulf Coast Music LLC
- Published By – Wynwood Music Co. Inc.
- Made By – Disc Makers – MYG0038
- Recorded At – New Fenario, Saxapahaw, NC
- Recorded At – Good Luck Studios
- Recorded At – Studio M, Durham, North Carolina
- Mixed At – Good Luck Studios
- Mastered At – Bluefield Mastering
- Artwork, Photography By – Beth Kalb
- Layout, Design – Jason Golliher
- Mastered By – Jeff Carroll
- Mixed By, Recorded By [Additional Recording By], Musician – FJ Ventre*
- Musician – Bill Newton , Birds And Arrows, Ecki Heins, Joe Newberry, John Currie , Mark Simonsen, Nick Stevens , Tom Maxwell
- Producer, Recorded By – Jackson Hall
- Recorded By [Additional Recording By] – Andrea Connolly, Thom Canova
- Recorded By [Additional Recording By], Musician – Josh Starmer
NotesRecorded at New Fenario, Saxapahaw, NC Jan-Dec 2013. Mixed at Good Luck Studio, Chapel Hill, NC. Mastered at Bluefield Mastering, Raleigh, NC. Additional recording at Good Luck Studio, Chapel Hill, NC and at Studio M, Durham NC, and at the home studios of Josh Starmer and Andrea Connolly.
Track 1 - Universal Songs of Polygram International Inc
Track 2 - Sony/ATV Acuff Rose Music
Track 3 - Paul Simon Music
Track 4 - Universal Music-Careers
Track 5 - Nettwerk Songs Publishing Ltd
Track 6 - Warner-Tamerlane Pub OBO Golden Syrup Music
Track 7 - WB Music Corp
Track 8 - Jobete Music Co Inc
Track 9 - Universal Music-Careers Warner-Tamerlane Pub Corp
Track 10 - Gulf Coast Music LLC
Track 11 - Wynwood Music Co Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 88174 83023 0
- Barcode (String): 888174830230
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LZ73
- Matrix / Runout: MYG0038 DISC MAKERS