Oud, Percussion, Producer – Basya Schechter. Percussion – Jarrod Cagwin. Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Albert Leusink.
Queen's Dominion is the solo debut from Pharaoh's Daughter leader Basya Schechter. Almost entirely instrumental, this album is also somewhat more stripped down instrumentally than that band, with a core group of oud, santur, violin and percussion with guests on some tracks. The sound of this ensemble is a delight. The pairing of oud and santur is an exquisite combination and the more sustained tones of the violin are a perfect complement. The playing is excellent. This is the type of album where there are no real highlights as each piece is beautiful and sublime
Queens Dominion, 2004. Queens Dominion, 2004.
Listen to Queen's Dominion now. Listen to Queen's Dominion in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Brooklyn born Basya Schechter, leader of the stellar Jewish roots world jazz band Pharaoh's Daughter, here delivers an all-instrumental album of great depth and spirituality. An oud player of uncommon accomplishment, she seems to have a natural affinity for this odd instrument's timbral universe, one which evokes sounds similar to those one associates with a lute, a bouzouki, a sarod, even a berimbau.
|2||By Way Of Haran||06:14|
|6||Under The Moes Tree||03:51|
|7||Bedouin Tea Party||04:54|
- Mastered At – Hit Factory Mastering
- Bass – Shanir Ezra Blumenkranz
- Cello – Noah Hoffeld
- Cover [Photo] – Dennis Kleinman
- Design – Heung-Heung Chin
- Executive-Producer – John Zorn
- Executive-Producer [Associate Producer] – Kazunori Sugiyama
- Melodica – Jason Lindner
- Mixed By – Frederik Rubens
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Andy Sanoff
- Oud, Percussion, Producer – Basya Schechter
- Percussion – Jarrod Cagwin
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Albert Leusink
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Mike Presta
- Recorder – Daphna Mor
- Santoor [Santur], Voice – Alan Kushan
- Trumpet – Albert Leusink
- Violin – Meg Okura
- Voice [Breathing], Vocals – Chiara Civello
NotesRecorded at Dubway, NYC.
Overdubs at 20/80 Home Studios, NYC
Mixed at RPM, NYC
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (on obi): 7 02397-71932 8
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L239
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 4121
- Matrix / Runout: TZACD7193 2J 01 K