This alias lived for a series of singles, EPs, and remixes, peaking with the album "Adventures In Foam" (1996), all originally on NINEBARecords, and appeared first in the US on the label Shadow Records. In late 1996, he switched to going by an abbreviation of his own name and signed to the UK label Ninja Tune, where he has resided ever since.
Creatures - EP, 1996. Creatures - EP, 1996.
Creatures - EP. Amon Tobin. Your browser does not support the audio element.
AMON TOBIN 'No one evolves sound quite like Amon Tobin. On 'Fear in a Handful of Dust' you can almost imagine him examining and polishing each sound he uses, like a jeweller inspecting his gems through an eyepiece, before placing them back into the mix in just the right place to create a sonic experience of captivating abstracted beauty. TWO FINGERS, STUNT RHYTHMS This is an album that attacks you with a cosh
Tobin's instinct for jazz phrasing in a drum'n'bass context is what made his previous Adventures in Foam stand out, and here he lets up on nothing, with walking basslines and dizzying keyboard glissandos bubbling out of a soup of noisy chaos and rip-roaring amen beats.
2. Yasawas (Original Mix). 165 bpm, 12A, Db minor, 2017-09-13, Electronica, 0 13. 3. Creatures (Original Mix). 155 bpm, 10B, D major, 2017-09-13, Electronica, 0 13. 4. Chomp Samba (Original Mix). 83 bpm, 6B, Bb major, 2017-09-13, Electronica, 0 13. 165 bpm, 8A, A minor, 2017-09-13, Electronica, 0 13. 6. Defocus (Original Mix). 92 bpm, 5B, Eb major, 2017-09-13, Electronica, 0 13. 7. The Nasty (Original Mix)
Creatures EP by Amon Tobin. Released 1st November 1996. Creatures EP by Amon Tobin.
- Design – Openmind © ' 96*
- Typography [Typeface] – SHE
- Written-By, Producer – Amon Tobin
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 021392 128160
- Barcode (String): 5021392128160
|zen 1249||Amon Tobin||Creatures EP (12", EP, Promo, W/Lbl, Sti)||Ninja Tune||zen 1249||UK||1996|
|zen 1249||Amon Tobin||Creatures EP (12", EP, Promo)||Ninja Tune||zen 1249||UK||1996|