Gene Ammons recorded frequently for Prestige during the 1950s and early '60s and virtually all of the tenor's dates were quite rewarding. This two-LP set reissues Twistin' the Jug plus part of Angel Eyes and Velvet Soul. Ammons, a bop-based but very versatile soloist, sounds quite comfortable playing a variety of standards and lesser-known material in groups featuring Jack McDuff or Johnny "Hammond" Smith on organ and either trumpeter Joe Newman or Frank Wess on tenor and flute
All the great songs and lyrics from the "The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Eugene "Jug" Ammons (April 14, 1925 – July 23, 1974) also known as "The Boss," was an American jazz tenor saxophonist, and the son of boogie-woogie pianist Albert Ammons.
The Gene Ammons Story Organ Combos. Released by Universal Nov 2006 7 Tracks. The Gene Ammons Story Organ Combos is a English album released on Nov 2006. The Gene Ammons Story Organ Combos Album has 7 songs sung by Gene Ammons, Sonny Stitt. Listen to all songs in high quality & download The Gene Ammons Story Organ Combos songs on Gaana. attr("src", $('. de tp.
The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos. Gene Ammons, Joe Newman & Jack McDuff. Twisting the Jug. Your browser does not support the audio element.
Free download and listen The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos. Gene Ammons, Jack McDuff, Joe Newman. Tracks count: 12. Views: 5. Jack McDuff, Gene Ammons, Joe Newman - Twisting The Jug 04:38. Gene Ammons - In Sid's Thing 05:26. Jack McDuff, Gene Ammons, Joe Newman - Satin Doll 06:44.
Thanks to js for the updates. No release results found : showing artist results instead. We'll Be Together Again Original Jazz Classics 1992.
Eugene "Jug" Ammons (April 14, 1925 – July 23, 1974), also known as "The Boss", was an American jazz tenor saxophonist. Born in Chicago, Illinois, Ammons studied music with instructor Walter Dyett at DuSable High School. Goodbye released: 2007. Soul Summit released: 2007. The Chronological Classics: Gene Ammons 1950-1951 released: 2004. The Chronological Classics: Gene Ammons 1949-1950 released: 2003. Blue Gene released: 2003.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Twistin' The Jug
Written-By – Gene Ammons
|2||Born To Be Blue
Written-By – Tormé*, Wells*
Written-By – Duke Ellington
Written-By – Bennie Moten
|5||Stormy Monday Blues
Written-By – Eckstine*, Hines*, Crowder*
|6||Down The Line
Written-By – Ammons*
Written-By – Johnny Smith
|8||In Sid's Thing
Written-By – Ammons*
Written-By – Rodgers-Hart*
Written-By – Frank Wess
Written-By – Brent*, Dennis*
Written-By – Ammons*
- Record Company – Prestige Records
- Record Company – Universal Music Group International
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Remastered At – Fantasy Studios
- Manufactured By – EDC, Germany – 51796921
- Published By – Prestige Music
- Published By – Wells Music, Inc.
- Published By – Jewel Music Inc.
- Published By – Tempo Music
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – Famous Music
- Published By – Peer International
- Published By – Fisher Music
- Published By – Music Sales Corp.
- Art Direction – Phil Carroll
- Bass – Doug Watkins (tracks: 7 to 12), Wendell Marshall (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Congas – Ray Barretto (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Design – Lance Anderson , Phil Carroll
- Drums – Arthur Taylor* (tracks: 7 to 12), Walter Perkins (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Organ – Jack McDuff* (tracks: 1 to 6), Johnny "Hammond" Smith* (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Photography By – Don Schlitten, Jerome Knill
- Producer – Esmond Edwards
- Reissue Producer, Liner Notes – Bob Porter
- Remastered By – Phil De Lancie
- Tenor Saxophone – Gene Ammons
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Frank Wess (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Trumpet – Joe Newman (tracks: 1 to 6)
NotesRecorded at the Van Gelder Studios, Engelwood Cliffs, New Jersey on June 17, 1960 and November 28, 1961.
Tracks 1-6 originally released as TWISTIN' THE JUG on Prestige ;
tracks 7-8 originally released on VELVET SOUL on Prestige ;
tracks 9-12 originally released on ANGEL EYES on Prestige .
Track 2 published by Jewel Music, Inc.
℗ 1977, © 1992, Fantasy, Inc.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 25218 54712 3
- Label Code: LC 15025
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM
- Other: AAD
- Other: Made in Germany by EDC
- Matrix / Runout: 000252 185 471-2 01 P51796921
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0130
|P-24071||Gene Ammons||The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos (2xLP, Comp, RM)||Prestige||P-24071||US||1977|
|P-24071||Gene Ammons||The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos (2xLP, Comp, RM)||Prestige||P-24071||Italy||1977|
|PR 24071||Gene Ammons||The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos (2xLP, Comp, RE, RM)||Prestige||PR 24071||UK||1977|
|PCD-24071-02||Gene Ammons||The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos (CD, Comp, RE, RM)||Prestige||PCD-24071-02||US||Unknown|
|PR 24071||Gene Ammons||The Gene Ammons Story: Organ Combos (2xLP, Comp, RE)||Prestige||PR 24071||France||1977|