Alasdair Roberts (born 8 August 1977) is a Scottish folk musician. He released a number of albums under the name Appendix Out and, following the 2001 album The Night Is Advancing, under his own name. Roberts is also known for his frequent collaborations with other musicians and writers, as well as for being a member of the folk supergroup The Furrow Collective.
Features Song Lyrics for Alasdair Roberts's The Amber Gatherers album. Alasdair Roberts - The Amber Gatherers Album Lyrics. 1. Riddle Me This Lyrics.
On the Amber Gatherers, Roberts balances regional folk songs with his own self-penned odes to heartache, death and drink, successfully blurring the line between the two like a young Nic Jones or Martin Carthy. A full band is employed this time around, and their lightly brushed drums, fingerpicked guitars, accordions, and backing vocals wrap themselves around Roberts' careful phrasing like a winter coat.
Album by Alasdair Roberts. Where Twines the Path. I Had a Kiss of the King's Hand. The Cruel War. Let Me Lie and Bleed Awhile. The Old Men of the Shells.
Alasdair Roberts by Alasdair Roberts, released 27 January 2015 1. The Way Unfavoured 2. Honour Song 3. The Problem of Freedom 4. Artless One 5. Hurricane Brown 6. The Final Diviner 7. In Dispraise of Hunger 8. The Mossy Shrine 9. This Uneven Thing 10. Roomful of Relics A warm, acoustic return from Scotland's finest singer of traditional songs. And maybe the world's. These songs however, are personal. All business and all personal.
|1||Riddle Me This||3:48|
|2||Where Twines The Path||3:50|
|4||I Had A Kiss Of The King's Hand||3:38|
|5||The Cruel War||3:16|
|6||Let Me Lie And Bleed Awhile||3:46|
|9||I Have A Charm||4:03|
|10||The Old Men Of The Shells||5:09|
|11||The Calfless Cow||2:14|
- Copyright (c) – Drag City
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Drag City
- Recorded At – Ca Va Sound Workshops
- Acoustic Guitar, Dulcimer, Sampler [Sampling Keyboard], Voice – Alasdair Roberts
- Bass Guitar, Banjo, Guitar [Nashville], Handclaps, Voice – Gerard Love
- Drums, Percussion, Accordion, Voice – Tom Crossley
- Electric Guitar, Guitar [Nashville], Handclaps, Voice – Gareth Eggie
- Layout – Dan Osborn
- Recorded By – Dave Paterson, Pam Smith
- Sleeve, Design, Photography By – Rikke Iversholt
- Written-By [Songs By] – Alasdair Roberts
NotesRecorded June 2006 at Ca Va, Glasgow, Scotland.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 81484 03262 5
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LK13
- Mould SID Code: IFPI L814
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): 0829-CD-0303,0304 06-276-02
- Rights Society: Copyright Control
|DC326||Alasdair Roberts||The Amber Gatherers (LP, Album)||Drag City||DC326||US||2007|
|DC326CD||Alasdair Roberts||The Amber Gatherers (CD, Album, Promo)||Drag City||DC326CD||US||2007|
|URA206||Alasdair Roberts||The Amber Gatherers (CD, Album)||Spunk||URA206||Australia||2007|