Dark Matter is Randy Newman’s 12th studio album, and his first since 2008’s Harps and Angels. You can read an explanation of every song on the album here via Pitchfork. Dark Matter Q&A. Producers David Boucher, Lenny Waronker & Mitchell Froom. Writers Randy Newman. Background Vocals Alva Copeland, Alvin Chea, Clydene Jackson & 7 more.
Early in his career, Randy Newman used to regularly puzzle over his lack of commercial success, seemingly unaware that his trademark combination of New Orleans piano and wildly unreliable narrators was hardly a sure path to the Hit Parade. Decades later, Newman has found a side door to fame and wealth as a composer of film scores and likeable theme tunes for Pixar features. As a consequence, the man who created dark masterpieces like 12 Songs, Sail Away, and Good Old Boys is too busy to make the same sort of albums he released when he was a mere cult figure.
Dark Matter is Randy Newman’s first album of new songs in nine years and his smart mix of cynicism and sentiment is fully intact. I can think of no songwriter as fruitfully unhappy as Randy Newman. Not angsty-there are angstier-and not depressed in the poetic, European sense, but unhappy: that cow-eyed state in which the good stuff doesn’t feel that good and the bad stuff you just learn to laugh at. For 50 years he has delivered us obliquely sentimental, trend-free music about racists, losers, lovelorn deadbeats ( Marie ) and children who tell their parents to come visit anytime-but do call first ( So Long Dad ).
Randy Newman – Dark Matter. Label: Nonesuch – 558563-1. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. Country: USA, Canada & Europe. Includes a lyrics booklet and a download card. by Universal Music Corp.
Нравится слушателям: Best Movie Soundtracks, TV Theme Players, The London Film Score Orchestra. 2019 Korean Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. История игрушек 4. Randy Newman. 2019 саундтрек к мультфильму. Истории семьи Майровиц. 2017 саундтрек к фильму. Тачки 3. 2017 саундтрек к мультфильму. The Randy Newman Songbook. Randy Newman Airwaves. The Randy Newman Songbook, Vol. 3. Live at the Boarding House.
That's how Newman's 11th album begins – with a public spectacle involving a big cast of characters, weighty discourse on the future of the planet, and tempo changes every few measures. It ends with him alone, at the piano, deep in a nostalgic reverie about time, loss, and the bonds of family.
Dark Matter is the eleventh studio album of original material and first of such in nine years by Randy Newman, released on August 4, 2017, by Nonesuch Records Dark Matter. Studio album by. Randy Newman chronology. The Randy Newman Songbook Vol. 3 (2016).
Nom du groupe Randy Newman. Nom de l'album Dark Matter. Date de parution 04 Août 2017. Labels Nonesuch Records. Membres possèdant cet album0. 4. Lost Without You. 5. Sonny Boy.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Great Debate
Backing Vocals – Alva Copeland, Alvin Chea, Clydene Jackson, Donna Medine, John West , Kala Balch, Michael Geiger, Randy Crenshaw, Sandie Hall, Teresa JamesSolo Vocal [Solo] – Clydene Jackson
Backing Vocals – Alvin Chea, John West , Randy Crenshaw
Backing Vocals – Alva Copeland, Alvin Chea, Clydene Jackson, Donna Medine, John West , Kala Balch, Michael Geiger, Randy Crenshaw, Sandie Hall, Teresa James
|4||Lost Without You||3:54|
|6||It's A Jungle Out There (V2)||3:19|
|7||She Chose Me||3:13|
|8||On The Beach||4:32|
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Recorded At – University High, Los Angeles, CA
- Recorded At – Sony Scoring Stage
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Published By – Darkmatter Music
- Published By – Universal Tunes
- Published By – Randy Newman Music
- Published By – USA Network Publishing LLC
- Published By – Universal Music Corp.
- Published By – TCF Music Publishing, Inc.
- Accordion – Nick Ariondo
- Alto Saxophone – Dan Higgins, John Yoakum
- Arranged By, Conductor [Conducted By] – Randy Newman
- Art Direction, Design – Michael Carney
- Baritone Saxophone – Greg Huckins
- Bass – David Piltch, Drew Dembowski, Edward Meares, Michael Valerio*, Steve Dress
- Bassoon – Damian Montano, Kenneth Munday*, Rose Corrigan
- Cello – Armen Ksajikian, Dane Little, Dennis Karmazyn, George Kim Scholes, Jacob Braun, Laszlo Mezo*, Steve Erdody, Timothy Landauer*
- Clarinet – Ralph Williams , Stuart Clark
- Contractor [Music Contractor] – Sandy DeCrescent*
- Contractor [Vocal Contractor] – Luana Jackman
- Copyist [Additional Music Preparation] – Jeremy Lamb
- Copyist [Music Preparation] – Black Ribbon Printing
- Drums – Matt Chamberlain
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Flute – Ben Smolen, Geri Rotella*, Jenni Olson
- Guitar – Blake Mills
- Harp – JoAnn Turovsky*
- Horn – Ben Jaber*, Dylan Hart, Steve Becknell, Teag Reaves
- Keyboards [Additional Keyboards] – Mitchell Froom
- Management – Cathy Kerr Management, Inc.*
- Mastered By – Robert C. Ludwig*
- Oboe – Leslie Reed
- Orchestrated By [Additional Orchestration] – Jonathan Banks
- Orchestrated By [Orchestration] – Randy Newman
- Percussion – Alan Estes, Gregory Goodall*
- Photography By – Pamela Springsteen
- Piano, Vocals – Randy Newman
- Producer [Produced By] – David Boucher, Lenny Waronker, Mitchell Froom
- Recorded By [Additional Recording - With Help From] – Clinton Welander, Mick Higgins, Morgan Stratton
- Recorded By [Orchestra - With Help From] – Adam Michalak, Aron Kobayashi-Ritch, David Marquette, Greg Dennen, Greg Loskorn
- Recorded By, Mixed By – David Boucher
- Tenor Saxophone – Bill Liston, Rusty Higgins
- Trombone – Andrew Martin*, Bob McChesney, Craig Gosnell
- Trumpet – Dan Fornero, Jon Lewis, Larry Hall, Wayne Bergeron
- Tuba – Jim Self
- Viola – Alma Fernandez, Brian Dembow, Carolyn Riley, David Walther, Luke Maurer, Matthew Funes*, Michael Nowak, Scott Hosfeld, Shawn Mann, Thomas Diener
- Violin – Alyssa Park, Amy Hershberger, Belinda Broughton, Bruce Dukov, Eun Mee Ahn*, Helen Nightengale, Irina Voloshina, Jacqueline Brand*, Jessica Guideri*, Julie Gigante, Kevin Connolly, Lisa Sutton, Lorand Lokuszta, Marc Sazer, Maria Newman, Roger Wilkie, Sarah Thornblade, Tamara Hatwan
- Written-By – Randy Newman
NotesAll songs © 2016 Darkmatter Music/admin. by Universal Tunes, except "It's a Jungle out There (V2)," © 2016 Randy Newman Music and USA Network Publishing LLC/admin. by Universal Music Corp., and "She Shose Me," © 1990 T C F Music Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)
Recorded at University High, Los Angeles, CA
Orchestra recorded at Sony Scoring Stage, Culver City, CA
Additional recording at Sunset Sound Studios, Hollywood, CA
℗ & © 2017 Nonesuch Records Inc. for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 075597940336
- Matrix / Runout: 1 558563-2 RE-1 TEXT AG02
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LT40
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UP5
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|7559-79403-3, 7559794033||Randy Newman||Dark Matter (CD, Album)||Nonesuch, Nonesuch||7559-79403-3, 7559794033||Europe||2017|
|558563-1||Randy Newman||Dark Matter (LP, Album)||Nonesuch||558563-1||USA, Canada & Europe||2017|