Recorded July 3, 1960, during performance at the Newport Jazz Festival, Newport, .
Blues Hits - Muddy Waters At Newport 1960 (Live) Album - Muddy Waters Blues Hits - Muddy Waters At Newport 1960 (Live) Album - Muddy Waters Muddy Waters 00:00 I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man 02:57 Tiger In Your Tank 07:29 Meanest Woman 09:47 I've Got My Mojo Working 14:14 Goodbye Newport Blues 19:07 Soon Forgotten 21:48 Soon Forgotten.
At Newport 1960 is a live album by Muddy Waters that was performed at Newport Jazz Festival in Newport, Rhode Island and released on November 15, 1960. At Newport 1960 Q&A. Producers Leonard Chess, Muddy Waters, Norman Dayron & 1 more. Writers Big Bill Broonzy, James B. Oden, Langston Hughes & 3 more. More Muddy Waters albums. The Anthology (1947-1972). Show all albums by Muddy Waters.
At Newport 1960 is a live album by Muddy Waters performed at Newport Jazz Festival in Newport, Rhode Island, with his backing band, consisting of Otis Spann (piano, vocals), Pat Hare (guitar), James Cotton (harmonica), Andrew Stevens (bass) and Francis Clay (drums), on July 3. Waters's performances across Europe in the 1950s and at Newport helped popularize blues to a broader audience, especially to whites. The album is said to be one of the first live blues albums.
Muddy Waters was an American blues artist widely considered to be one of the most important figures in post–World War II Chicago blues. He popularized several early Delta blues songs, such as "Rollin' and Tumblin'", Walkin' Blues", and "Baby, Please Don't Go", and recorded songs that went on to become blues standards, including "Hoochie Coochie Man", "Mannish Boy", and "Got My Mojo Working".
Features Song Lyrics for Muddy Waters's Muddy Waters At Newport 1960 (Live) album. Tiger In Your Tank - Live At Newport Jazz Festival/1960 Lyrics. Muddy Waters Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
At Newport 1960 is a live album by Muddy Waters recorded during his performance at the Newport Jazz Festival on July 3, 1960. With his longtime backup band, Muddy Water plays a mix of his older popular tunes and some newer compositions. Chess Records released the album in the United States on November 15, 1960. In 2001, it issued a remastered version with an additional three tracks recorded in Chicago in June 1960. At Newport 1960 is sometimes referred to as the first live blues album and has received critical acclaim. At Newport or Live at Newport could refer to a number of live albums recorded at the Newport Folk Festival or the Newport Jazz Festival: At Newport '63, an album by Martial Solal.
Recorded July 3, 1960, during performance at the Newport Jazz Festival, Newport, . Thanks to snobb for the addition.
Продавец: ООО "Питер Свет". Адрес: Россия, Москва, ул. Рябиновая, 41, 1, 22. ОГРН: 1107847158980
|1||I Got My Brand On You||4:46|
|2||(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man||2:57|
|3||Baby, Please Don't Go||3:04|
|5||Tiger In Your Tank||4:36|
|6||I Feel So Good||2:55|
|7||I've Got My Mojo Working (Part 1)||4:28|
|8||I've Got My Mojo Working (Part 2)||3:02|
|9||Goodbye Newport Blues||4:53|
|10||Tell Me Baby||2:19|
|12||When I Get To Thinking||3:09|
|13||Just A Dream (On My Mind)||2:33|
|15||I Feel So Good||2:57|
|16||Baby, I Done Got Wise||3:00|
|18||Lonesome Road Blues||3:04|
|Bonus Tracks (Studio Takes)|
|20||I've Got My Mojo Working||2:52|
|23||Forty Days And Forty Nights||3:06|
|24||I Got My Brand On You||2:23|
|25||Tiger In Your Tank||2:14|
- Bass – Andrew Stephenson (tracks: 1 to 19, 21, 22, 24, 25), Willie Dixon (tracks: 20, 23)
- Design – Jettoki DB
- Drums – Francis Clay (tracks: 1 to 22, 24, 25), Fred Below (tracks: 23), Willie "Big Eyes" Smith* (tracks: 10 to 19)
- Guitar – Hubert Sumlin (tracks: 20), Pat Hare
- Guitar [Second Guitar] – Hubert Sumlin (tracks: 23), Jimmy Rogers (tracks: 23)
- Harmonica – James Cotton (tracks: 1 to 19, 21, 22, 24, 25), Little Walter (tracks: 20, 23)
- Liner Notes – Gary Blailock, Jack Tracy, Studs Terkel
- MC [Announcer] – Langston Hughes
- Photography [Cover Photo] – X
- Piano – Otis Spann
- Vocals – Otis Spann (tracks: 9)
- Vocals, Guitar – Muddy Waters
- Written-By – Bernard Roth* (tracks: 23), Big Bill Broonzy (tracks: 10, 11, 13, 15, 17 to 19), Bill Broonzy* (tracks: 6), Harriett Melka (tracks: 12), James Oden* (tracks: 4, 22), Langston Hughes (tracks: 9), McKinley Morganfield (tracks: 3, 9, 16, 21), Otis Rush (tracks: 14), Preston Foster (tracks: 7, 8, 20), Willie Dixon (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 24, 25)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 436569 190685
|600802||Muddy Waters||At Newport 1960 Plus Sings "Big Bill" (The Definitive Remastered Edition) (CD, Comp, RM)||Soul Jam Records||600802||Europe||2011|