Learning to Crawl is the third studio album by the rock band The Pretenders. It was released in January 1984 after a hiatus during which band members James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon died of drug overdoses. After Farndon's dismissal from the band and Honeyman-Scott's death, Chrissie Hynde and Martin Chambers initially recruited Rockpile's Billy Bremner and Big Country's Tony Butler to fill in a caretaker line-up of the band in 1982.
But the Pretenders' meteoric rise came to a crashing halt in 1982, when drug abuse claimed the life of guitarist James Honeyman-Scott and forced Hynde and drummer Martin Chambers to dump bassist Pete Farndon, who would also succumb to an OD in April 1983.
Learning To Crawl (LP, Album, All). Sire, Sire, Real Records (2), Real Records (2). 9 23980-1, 1-23980. Middle Of The Road (2007 Remastered Version) 4:15. The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang HQ Music 3:47. Time The Avenger (2007 Remastered Version) 4:57. Watching The Clothes (2007 Remastered Version) 2:54.
Album · 1984 · 10 Songs. After losing guitarist James Honeyman-Scott and bassist Pete Farndon to drug-related deaths, a sobered Pretenders returned to the spotlight with Learning to Crawl. Chrissie Hynde turned her distinctive contralto to sentimental songs, both romantic and reflective, that retained her trademark, clear-eyed bravado. Poignant singles like the shimmering love song "Show Me" and the rueful "Back on the Chain Gang" meshed perfectly with attitude-driven rockers "Middle of the Road" and "My City Was Gone. Learning to Crawl Pretenders.
Issued in January 1984, third album LEARNING TO CRAWL was preceded by hit singles "Back on the Chain Gang" and "2000 Miles", and also contained the cover of the Persuaders' "Thin Line Between Love And Hate". The 10 bonus tracks include b-sides, live tracks and demos, while the DVD features five promo videos, along with two BBC TV appearances from Breakfast Time and Top of the Pops. Rivals The Pretenders first album for being one of their best. Numerous radio hits on this album and the other songs are strong as well. For Pretenders fans, a must have album.
Gambaru Kaguya Tansu no Gen Rakuten Global Market: ★ tonight at 20: ~ 4 H limited P10 times ★ domestic learning desk compact folding bookcase simple computer desk folding desk desk learning learning desk study desk desk kids girls boys made in Japan completed. Blues of the Sea eye makeup look, list of makeup products, makeup hacks, blue and gold eyeshadow, smokey eye makeup, eye makeup ideas, eye makeup tutorial Мария Зайцева.
This album has an average beat per minute of 129 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 66/179 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Learning to Crawl. 1. Middle of the Road. BPM Profile Learning to Crawl. Album starts at 166BPM, ends at 66BPM (-100), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Pretenders.
Issued in January 1984, third album "Learning To Crawl" was preceded by hit singles "Back On The Chain Gang" and "2000 Miles", and also contained the cover of The Persuaders' "Thin Line Between Love And Hate". The ten bonus tracks include b-sides, live tracks and demos, while the DVD features five promo videos, along with two BBC TV appearances from Breakfast Time and Top Of The Pops.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Middle Of The Road||4:08|
|A2||Back On The Chain Gang
Bass Guitar – Tony ButlerGuitar – Billy Bremner
|A3||Time The Avenger||4:47|
|A4||Watching The Clothes||2:46|
|B2||My City Was Gone
Bass Guitar – Tony ButlerGuitar – Billy Bremner
|B3||Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Bass Guitar, Vocals – Andrew Bodner*Guitar, Vocals – Billy BremnerPiano, Vocals – Paul Carrack
|B4||I Hurt You||4:27|
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – WEA Records Ltd.
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Jacksonville
- Published By – Hynde House Of Hits
- Published By – Clive Banks Music
- Published By – ATV Music
- Published By – Al Gallico Music Corp.
- Recorded At – Air Studios
- Art Direction – Pete Barrett*
- Bass Guitar, Vocals – Malcolm Foster
- Drums, Vocals – Martin Chambers
- Guitar, Vocals – Chrissie Hynde, Robbie McIntosh
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Alyssa Cooper
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Paul Cox
- Photography By [Inner Sleeve] – Donna Santisi, Robert Matheu
- Producer – Chris Thomas
NotesCat # 1-23980 appears on the label.
Cat # 9 23980-1 appears on the spine.
This Edition the Jacksonville, Il pressing
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-23980-1
- Barcode (Scan): 075992398015
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, variant 1): 1 23980A JW3 #1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, variant 1): 1 23980B JW2 #1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, except "0" stamped, variant 2): 1 23980A JW3̶ ̶ 4#1 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, except "0" stamped, variant 2): 1 23980B JW2 #7 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, except "0" stamped, variant 3): 1 23980A JW2 #4 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, except "0" stamped, variant 3): 1 23980B JW2 #7 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, except "0" stamped, variant 4): | 23980B JW2 #1 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, except "0" stamped, variant 4): | 23980B JW2 #1 0
- Rights Society: BMI
|9 23980-1, 1-23980||The Pretenders||Learning To Crawl (LP, Album, All)||Sire, Sire, Real Records , Real Records||9 23980-1, 1-23980||US||1983|
|CD 23980||The Pretenders||Learning To Crawl (CD, Album, RE)||Sire, WEA||CD 23980||Canada||1995|
|9 23980-2||The Pretenders||Learning To Crawl (CD, Album, Club, RE)||Sire, Wea International, Real Records||9 23980-2||US||Unknown|
|923980-4||The Pretenders||Learning To Crawl (Cass, Album)||Real Records||923980-4||Scandinavia||1983|
|M923980-2||The Pretenders||Learning To Crawl (CD, Album)||Wea International, Warner||M923980-2||Brazil||1993|