Big Science is the 1982 debut album by avant-garde artist Laurie Anderson and the first of a 7-album deal she signed with Warner Bros. It is best known for the single "O Superman", which unexpectedly reached in the UK. The work is a selection of highlights from her eight-hour production, United States Live, which was itself released as a 5-LP box set and book in 1984. United States Live was originally a performance piece, in which music was only one element.
Mister Heartbreak is a music studio album recording by LAURIE ANDERSON (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1984 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Laurie Anderson - Mister Heartbreak - Lp Vinyl Record Warner Bros. Laurie Anderson, - Mister Heartbreak - Warner Bros. Records - 925 077-1 Warner Bros.
Album · 1984 · 7 Songs. Mister Heartbreak Laurie Anderson. Listen on Apple Music.
Mister Heartbreak is a more song based album than Anderson’s more spiky debut Big Science. The songs are lusher, while remaining minimalistic, and continuing to explore hypnotic electronic aspects. This album, like Big Science, uses material that would become part of United States Live. Mister Heartbreak Q&A. Featuring Peter Gabriel. Producers Bill Laswell, Laurie Anderson, Peter Gabriel & 1 more. Writers Laurie Anderson, Peter Gabriel & William S Burroughs. Backing Vocals Atsuko Yuma, . Nelson, Connie Harvey & 5 more.
LAURIE ANDERSON - Mister Heartbreak (1984) 06. Blue Lagoon. Laurie Anderson 1984 Mister Heartbreak (track 01. Sharkey's Day). Laurie Anderson 1984 Mister Heartbreak 07 Sharkey's Night. Laurie Anderson Mister Heartbreak Album. Laurie Anderson 1984 Mister Heartbreak 06 Blue Lagoon. Laurie Anderson 1984 Mister Heartbreak 05 Excellent Birds.
Striking guitar work by King Crimson guitarist Adrian Belew permeates this disc - notably on "Sharkey's Day" - punchy and angular.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Brenda Nelson*, Dolette McDonald, Michelle CobbsBata [Iya, Ikonkolo], Shekere, Bells [Double Bell From The Cameroons] – Daniel PonceViolin, Whistle – Laurie Anderson
Backing Vocals – Peter GabrielVocoder, Conch [Electronic Conches] – Laurie Anderson
Backing Vocals – Peter GabrielBells [Bell] – Laurie AndersonMixed By [With The Help Of] – Bill LaswellPercussion [Plywood, Bowls], Drums, Drums [Simmons] – David Van Tieghem
Backing Vocals – Atsuko Yuma, Phoebe SnowBacking Vocals [Japanese Chorus] – Connie Harvey, Janet WrightGayageum [Kayagum] – Song Won ParkPercussion – Laurie AndersonTom Tom [Toms], Wood Block – Anton Fier
Guitar – Nile RodgersSynthesizer [Synclavier], Vocals, Drum Machine [Linn Drum] – Peter GabrielWritten By – Peter Gabriel And Laurie Anderson
Soprano Saxophone – Bill BlaberSteel Drums [Steel Drum], Percussion [Gato, Bamboo] – David Van Tieghem
Percussion – Daniel PonceViolin, Whistle – Laurie AndersonVocals – William S. Burroughs
- Mastered At – Sheffield Lab Matrix – △6021
- Mastered At – Allied Record Company
- Recorded At – The Lobby
- Recorded At – RCA Recording Studios
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Recorded At – 39th Street Music Studio
- Mixed At – RPM Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Record Company – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Published By – Difficult Music
- Published By – Cliofine Ltd.
- Artwork [Cover And Inner-sleeve Art And Graphics By] – Laurie Anderson
- Artwork [Cover Printed By] – Bud Shark
- Bass – Bill Laswell (tracks: A1, A3 to B4)
- Drums – Anton Fier (tracks: A1, B4)
- Engineer – Leanne Ungar
- Engineer [Assistant, 39th Street Music] – Tim Cox
- Engineer [Assistant, A&R] – Larry Franke
- Engineer [Assistant, RCA] – Joe Lopes, Mike Getlin, Pat Martin
- Guitar – Adrian Belew (tracks: A1, A3, B3, B4)
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig, Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By [Rpm Assistant] – Mike Krowiak
- Producer – Bill Laswell (tracks: A1, B1, B4), Laurie Anderson, Peter Gabriel (tracks: B2), Roma Baran (tracks: A2, B3)
- Technician [Technical Consultant And Systems Design] – Bob Bielecki
- Vocals, Synthesizer [Synclavier] – Laurie Anderson
- Written-By – Laurie Anderson, Peter Gabriel (tracks: B2)
NotesSimilar to release , but
- with different colored labels
- no EAST embossing around spindle hole
The BaOI runout codes were read from the outer ring towards the middle due to the length of the codes.
Mastering Credits: inner sleeve mention; HW in runouts
"Balloon shaped" logo (usually described in Discogs as "topless lowercase 'a' ") in run outs indicates Allied Record Company
Catalog number appears as 9 25077-1 on spine and sleeve and as 1-25077 on label
Lacquer disc 'metalwork' / 'plating' by Sheffield Lab Matrix originally done for Allied Record Company.
Recorded at the Lobby
Additional tracks recored at RCA, A & R, 39th Street Music
Mixed from analog to two-track digital at RPM
© ℗ 1984 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
All songs published by Difficult Music BMI except:
B2 published by Cliofine, Ltd. BMI and Difficult Music BMI
Peter Gabriel courtesy of Geffen Records
Geffen Records courtesy of Island Records
Bill Laswell courtesy of Celluloid/OAO and Elektra Records
Nile Rodgers courtesy of Atlantic Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-25077-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched, "Masterdisk" "[balloon logo]"Stamped): SM#2 1-22507-A-SH-4 MASTERDISK HW #1 43062-ASH4 SLM △6021 1-2 [balloon logo] B-18944-SH4
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched, "Masterdisk" Stamped): HAI! 43062-BHS3 SM#4 1-25077-B- SH-3 MASTERDISK HW SLM △6021-X 1-1-SM-1
- Rights Society: BMI
|9 25077-1, 1-25077||Laurie Anderson||Mister Heartbreak (LP, Album, All)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 25077-1, 1-25077||US||1984|
|925 077-1||Laurie Anderson||Mister Heartbreak (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||925 077-1||Europe||1984|
|CD 25077||Laurie Anderson||Mister Heartbreak (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||CD 25077||Canada||Unknown|
|1-25077||Laurie Anderson||Mister Heartbreak (LP, Album, Ltd, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||1-25077||US||1984|
|9 25077-2||Laurie Anderson||Mister Heartbreak (CD, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||9 25077-2||Brazil||1987|