The Motors were a British pub rock band, formed in London in 1977 by former Ducks Deluxe members Nick Garvey and Andy McMaster together with guitarist Rob Hendry (who was replaced in May 1977 by Bram Tchaikovsky) and drummer Ricky Slaughter. Their biggest success was with the McMaster penned song "Airport", a number 4 UK hit single in 1978.
Engineered at Pathway, Basing Street, IBC and Olympic Studios in London. Cover sleeve opens at the top. The inner sleeve's got the story of the band. Publishers:, Island Music Ltd. (A1 - B5), Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd. (A2, A5, B1, B3, B5).
1 (sometimes also known as The Motors 1) is the debut studio album by English rock band The Motors, originally released in October 1977. Three singles came from the album, "Dancing the Night Away", "Be What You Gotta Be" and "Cold Love". American band Cheap Trick covered "Dancing The Night Away" for their album Next Position Please in 1983. The Motors signed for Virgin Records on 13 May 1977.
Approved By was the album that earned them the . After that record, the Motors split up; Garvey and McMaster used the band's name for the 1980 album Tenement Steps, which didn't equal the spark of their first two records. Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music. Отчёт EAC об извлечении, выполненном 30. июня 2015, 18:03. The Motors, Approved by the Motors. Дисковод: ASUS DRW-24F1ST a Adapter: 1 ID: 0. Режим чтения : Достоверность Использование точного потока : Да Отключение кэша аудио : Да Использование указателей C2 : Нет.
The Motors' second album shows a marked improvement over their debut, with a stronger melodic base and catchier songs including the British hits "Airport" and "Forget About Yo.
|A2||Mamma Rock N' Roller||3:57|
|A3||Forget About You||2:51|
|A4||Do You Mind||3:21|
|A5||You Beat The Hell Outta Me||3:26|
|B3||Dreaming Your Life Away||4:45|
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Recorded At – Pathway Studios
- Recorded At – Basing Street Studios
- Recorded At – I.B.C. Studios
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Mastered At – CBS Studios, New York
- Drums, Vocals – Rick Slaughter
- Guitar, Vocals – Bram Tchaikovsky
- Management – Richard Ogden
- Mastered By – Vladimir Meller*
- Producer – Peter Ker
- Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Producer – Nick Garvey
- Vocals, Keyboards, Bass, Producer – Andy McMaster
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, stamped excl. "T"): AL 35348-1A 1 T V 0
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, stamped): P BL 35348-1C
|V 2101||The Motors||Approved By The Motors (LP, Album)||Virgin||V 2101||UK||1978|
|JZ 35348||The Motors||Approved By The Motors (LP, Album, Promo)||Virgin||JZ 35348||US||1978|
|2473 748||The Motors||Approved By The Motors (LP, Album, TP)||Virgin||2473 748||Greece||1978|
|V 2101||The Motors||Approved By The Motors (LP, Album, Bos)||Virgin||V 2101||Hong Kong||1978|
|V 2101||The Motors||Approved By The Motors (LP, Album)||Virgin||V 2101||New Zealand||1978|