Gravy Train is a fine, if not quite exceptional record from Lou Donaldson's initial soul-jazz phase of the early '60s. Actually, given the title and the period in which it was recorded, the album isn't quite as greasy and funky overall as one might expect; most of the repertoire is devoted to pop ballads and mid-tempo standards, the latter of which tends to bring out more of the bop elements in Donaldson's playing
Gravy Train (Alternate Take). Composed By – Lou Donaldson. 9. Glory Of Love (Alternate Take). Composed By – Billy Hill. Tracks 1-7 originally issued in 1961 as Blue Note BST 84079. Rights Society: bel BIEM. Other Versions (5 of 15) View All.
Artist: Lou Donaldson. White Label Promo copy of Gravy Train's 1970 Self Titled album "GRAVY TRAIN" on Polydor Records. Hard prog acid psych folk rock. MCCHURCH SOUNDROOM Delusion LP/'71 k/Jethro Tull/Gravy Train.
Gravy Train is an album by jazz saxophonist Lou Donaldson recorded for the Blue Note label in 1961 and performed by Donaldson with Herman Foster, Ben Tucker, Dave Bailey, and Alec Dorsey. All compositions by Lou Donaldson except as indicated. Donaldson's playing is pleasant, and the rest of the supporting group maintains a steady groove throughout". Studio album by. Lou Donaldson Track listing. All compositions by Lou Donaldson except where noted.
Lou Donaldson - Gravy Train. Download MP3. Lou Donaldson.
Album · 1961 · 9 Songs. Gravy Train (Alternate Take). Released: Apr 27, 1961. 2007 The Blue Note Label Group.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Donaldson*
|A2||South Of The Border
Written-By – Kennedy*, Carr*
|A3||Polka Dots And Moonbeams
Written-By – Burke-Van Heusen*
Written-By – Jolson*, Rose*
Written-By – Kramer*, Whitney*, David*
Written-By – Donaldson*
|B3||Glory Of Love
Written-By – Hill*
- Pressed By – Plastylite
- Published By – Groove Music
- Record Company – Blue Note Records Inc.
- Alto Saxophone – Lou Donaldson
- Bass – Ben Tucker
- Congas [Conga] – Alec Dorsey
- Design [Cover Design] – Reid Miles
- Drums – Dave Bailey
- Mastered By – RVG*
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Ronnie Braithwaite
- Piano – Herman Foster
- Recorded By [Recording By] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Sleeve Notes – Joe Goldberg
- Blue/white labels
- No deep groove
- "Blue Note Records Inc ∙ New York USA"
- Publisher "Groove Music - BMI" appears for tracks A1 and B2
- Laminated on front
- Address on back is "Blue Note Records Inc., 43 West 61st St., New York 23"
- "Herman Foster performs by courtesy of Epic Records."
- BST 84079 on labels
- ST-84079 on back of sleeve
- 84079 on front of sleeve and spine
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 1): RVG STEREO BNST-84079∙A∙ P [P = 'ear' logo]
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 2): RVG STEREO BNST-84079∙B∙ P [P = 'ear' logo]
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 1): BNST 84079-A
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 2): BNST 84079-B
|BLP 4079||Lou Donaldson||Gravy Train (LP, Album, Mono)||Blue Note||BLP 4079||US||1961|
|BN 4079||Lou Donaldson||Gravy Train (LP, Album, Ltd, RE)||Blue Note||BN 4079||Japan||1992|
|TOCJ-6604||Lou Donaldson||Gravy Train (CD, Album)||Blue Note||TOCJ-6604||Japan||2005|
|TOCJ-9552||Lou Donaldson||Gravy Train (CD, RE, RM, Min)||Blue Note||TOCJ-9552||Japan||2003|
|BLP 4079||Lou Donaldson||Gravy Train (LP, Album, Mono)||Blue Note||BLP 4079||US||1966|