We Came to Play! is an album by Tower of Power released in 1978. It marked the debut of singer Michael Jeffries, who would stay with TOP through the mid-1980s. Also Steve Cropper (of Booker T. & the . s fame), produced this album. This album is also noted for featuring Victor Conte, the future founder of the controversial BALCO, on bass, and who is also the cousin of band guitarist, Bruce Conte. Also drummer Ron Beck would take a lead vocal spot on "Love Bug" which features founding .
Matrix, Runout (Side A runout etched): (FXAP) AL 34906-GIA GI A3. Matrix, Runout (Side B runout etched): (FXAP) BL 34906-GIA GI A3. Other Versions (5 of 16) View All. Cat.
The renowned horn-driven funk outfit Tower of Power has been issuing albums and touring the world steadily since the early '70s, in addition to backing up countless other musicians.
We Came To Play! "Please retry". We Came To Play' is a transitional record from the acclaimed band. Coming from the up tempo heavy funk from the early and mid '70s, . P wanted to enjoy a more relaxed approach resulting in a mixed album with diverse funk and R&B tracks and even a few slow songs. Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 1. 30. We Came to Play
00:03:28) Tower Of Power - Bittersweet Soul Music (Album Version). 7. (00:03:58) Tower Of Power - Am I A Fool (Album Version). 8. (00:04:02) Tower Of Power - Love Bug (Album Version). 9. (00:04:39) Tower Of Power - Somewhere Down The Road (Album Version).
We Came To Play' is a transitional record from the acclaimed band. P wanted to enjoy a more relaxed approach resulting in a mixed album with diverse funk and R&B; tracks and even a few slow songs. Lovin' You Is Gonna See Me Thru.
We Came To Play (3:36). Lovin' You Is Gonna See Me Through (6:04). Let Me Touch You (4:35). June 2009, 14:37 Tower Of Power, We Came To Play! Used drive : TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S202N Adapter: 0 ID: 0 Read mode : Secure Utilize accurate stream : Yes Defeat audio cache : Yes Make use of C2 pointers : No Read offset correction : 6 Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No Null samples used in CRC calculations : Yes.
Tower of Power is an American R&B-based horn section and band, originating in Oakland, California, that has been performing since 1968. There have been a number of lead vocalists, the most well-known being Lenny Williams, who fronted the band between early 1973 and late 1974, the period of their greatest commercial success.
|1||We Came To Play||3:36|
|2||Lovin' You Is Gonna See Me Through||6:04|
|3||Let Me Touch You||4:35|
|5||Share My Life||3:56|
|6||Bittersweet Soul Music||3:27|
|7||Am I A Fool||3:58|
|9||Somewhere Down The Road||4:39|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Produced For – Midnight Hour Music
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Mixed At – Cherokee Studios
- Remastered At – Sony Music Studios, New York City
- Glass Mastered At – DADC – DIDP-079400
- Baritone Saxophone – Steven Kupka*
- Bass – Victor Conte
- Concertmaster – Gerald Vinci
- Drums, Backing Vocals, Lead Vocals – Ronnie Beck*
- Engineer – Alan Chinowsky
- Engineer [Assistant] – Alex Kashevaroff, Cheech d'Amico*, Rick Sanchez, Steve Fontano
- Guitar, Backing Vocals – Bruce Conte
- Lead Vocals – Michael Jeffries
- Organ, Clavinet, Synthesizer [Mini-Moog, Polymoog, ARP String Ensemble], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes, Yamaha Electric Grand], Piano [Acoustic Grand], Backing Vocals – Chester Thompson
- Photography By – Bruce Steinberg
- Producer – Steve Cropper
- Remastered By – Vic Anesini
- Tenor Saxophone [1st], Alto Saxophone, Lyricon [Computone Wind Synthesizer Driver], Synthesizer [E-Mu Systems], Contrabass Clarinet, Clarinet, Alto Flute, Bass Flute – Lenny Pickett
- Tenor Saxophone [2nd], Backing Vocals – Emilio Castillo
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Greg Adams
- Trumpet, Trombone, Flugelhorn, Bass Trombone, Backing Vocals – Mic Gillette
NotesOriginally released in 1978.
Catalog number CK 34906 found on spine and CD face.
Catalog number 34906 found on back of booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 074643490627
- Matrix / Runout: DIDP-079400 1
- Other: DIDP 079400
|JC 34906||Tower Of Power||We Came To Play (LP, Album)||Columbia||JC 34906||US||1978|
|ASF 2117||Tower Of Power||We Came To Play (LP, Album)||CBS||ASF 2117||US||1978|
|PC 34906||Tower Of Power||We Came To Play (LP, Album)||Columbia||PC 34906||Canada||1978|
|PCT 34906||Tower Of Power||We Came To Play (Cass, Album)||Columbia||PCT 34906||US||1978|
|ASF 2117||Tower Of Power||We Came To Play (LP, Album)||CBS||ASF 2117||South Africa||1978|