Erin Passmore Downtown EP. Usually associated with the band Rah Rah, t Erin Passmore has decided to go solo. Her first album, titled Downtown EP, is a step away from Rah Rah’s noisy-pop sound. Erin’s vocals are somewhere between the smoothness of Tracy Chapman and the clarity of Feist. The EP comes off as very honest and real-world sounding, not over-produced or showy. Erin has pared-down the production of the EP so that her voice is the focus.
Listen to Downtown now. Listen to Downtown in full in the this site app. Play on this site. Hidden Pony Records.
Erin Passmore - Downtown EP (CD, EP). Hidden Pony. The Rural Alberta Advantage - Mended With Gold (Album).
Listen to Sad Song by Erin Passmore - Downtown. Deezer: free music streaming. Composer: Erin Passmore. Other contributors: . This track is on the 3 following albums: Downtown - EP. Erin Passmore. Downtown EP.
Erin Passmore playing with Rah Rah. (from CBC Music). Erin Passmore has a voice that will drop kick your heart. She is perhaps best known for her work in the Regina indie-rock band Rah Rah, where she's a t, contributing drums, keys, bass and her crowd-rousing vocals. Erin's voice is not brash, booming, or overdone. The newest Rah Rah record has just finished production and will be released in late 2012. Erin has contributed her unmistakable vocals to fellow musician friends' projects, most notably, "A Cold Night Close To The End" from 2011 JUNO winners Said The Whale's Islands Disappear album and the 2012 upcoming solo project of Jon Samuel, who is part of JUNO winning group Wintersleep. All the while, Erin's had songs of her own simmering away on the back burner. Don't like to sail, but I like to wail – could you keep me coming, and going?" The Regina singer Erin Passmore, on the subtly doo-wopped soul of Rock the Boat and elsewhere on her sublime solo debut, is somewhat out of place – a landlocked young woman who's been to the sea. That sea could be Montreal, which is where the t from the indie rockers Rah Rah recorded her eight understated songs, under the eye of producer Matt Lederman (the Besnard Lakes, Patrick Watson).
Guitar on Erin Passmore (RahRah) Downtown EP 2011. Twisted Pair – Regina, Sk. Tracking Drums for solo album 2010. Breakglass Studios – Montreal, Que. Mixing of Clans EP 2009. Harding’s EP I LEARNED HOW was out Friday June 15 via Grind Central and features co-producer, engineer and drummer Chris Dimas from Surf Dads and Bleeker on Drums, Jon Wolfond from Blue Youth on bass, and Gage McGuire of Surf Dads fame on guitar.
Listen to Erin Passmore Radio, free! Stream songs by Erin Passmore & similar artists plus get the latest info on Erin Passmore! . Downtown - EP. Feb 2012, 8 song. hat About Erin Passmore. For You. Music, radio and podcasts, all free.
|1||Into The Woods|
|4||Rock The Boat|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hidden Pony Records
- Copyright (c) – Hidden Pony Records
- Recorded At – Mixart Studios
- Mastered At – Ryebread Mastering
- Manufactured By – RSB
- Artwork – Kendell MacLeod
- Backing Vocals – Rachel Reichel
- Bass – Mishka Stein
- Bass Saxophone – Jason Sharp
- Drums – Loel Campbell
- Flugelhorn, Trumpet – Andy King
- French Horn, Backing Vocals – Mara Pellerin
- Guitar – Tim D'eon
- Guitar [Noise Guitar], Backing Vocals – Dagan Harding
- Mastered By – Ryan Morey
- Mellotron, Synth [Synth Bass], Organ, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Guitar [Noise Guitars], Keyboards, Drum Programming – Matthew Lederman
- Noises [Dirt] – Vid Cousins
- Percussion – Pat Sayers
- Photography By – Tamara Weber
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Matthew Lederman
- Songwriter – Erin Passmore, Kees Dekker (tracks: 3)
- Vocals, Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Glockenspiel, Synth, Effects [FX Pedals / Weirdness] – Erin Passmore
NotesRecorded June-July 2011
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 060270200326
- Matrix / Runout: MFG BY RSB 575999-Q202003 000-C0-5894-22506A
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 7Q10