Living in the USA is the ninth studio album by American singer-songwriter and producer Linda Ronstadt, released in 1978. The album was Ronstadt's third (and last) No. 1 on the Billboard album chart. As a measure of her impact on popular culture in this time period, the front cover photograph of a roller skating Ronstadt in an exercise outfit was noted to have increased the popularity of skating in the United States at the time.
Issued with 1. 5" x 1. 5" cardboard insert to maintain integrity of sleeve. Recorded and mixed at The Sound Factory, . Recorded May 5 - July 3, 1978. This album was mixed using the Aphex Aural Exciter system. Matrix, Runout (Side A Etched, Variant 1): DP-401-A2-GL 6̶E̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶-̶A̶. Matrix, Runout (Side A Stamped, Variant 1): TML-S. Matrix, Runout (Side B Etched, Variant 1): DP-401-B-GL. Matrix, Runout (Side A Etched, Variant 2): DP-401-A2-GI (3).
Band Name Linda Ronstadt. Album Name Living in the USA. Type Album. Erscheinungsdatum September 1978. Labels Asylum Records. Musik GenreFolk Rock. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen1. 2. When I Grow Too Old to Dream.
2019 Live at Television Center Studios, Hollywood, CA 4/24/1980. The Broadcast Archive. The 80's Studio Album Collection. The 70's Studio Album Collection. Living In The USA. Linda Ronstadt.
Linda Ronstadt’s extraordinary genre-hopping career encompassed more than two dozen studio LPs and several greatest-hits compilations but one format that had been missing from her discography until now was a live album.
Linda Ronstadt lyrics - 277 song lyrics sorted by album, including "Blue Bayou", "Don't Know Much", "Willin'". album: "Living In The USA" (1978). When I Grow Too Old To Dream Just One Look Alison White Rhythm And Blues All That You Dream Ooh Baby Baby Mohammed's Radio I'm Blowing Away Love Me Tender. album: "Mad Love" (1980). Mad Love Party Girl How Do I Make You I Can't Let Go Hurt So Bad Look Out For My Love Cost Of Love Justine Girls Talk Talking In The Dark. album: "Get Closer" (1982)
Living In The USA. Of course, Simon is "cool" - I sometimes think she's a jazz singer at heart - and musically, Ronstadt is hotter. She can rock (as in the first track on this album, Chuck Berry's "Back in the USA"), she can croon ("Love Me Tender") and she can try the big ballad ("When I grow too old to dream"). Her soft singing is sweet, but when she heads into forte territory, both pitch and tone quality are compromised. This matters less in hard rockin' but "When I grow too old.
|A1||Back In The U.S.A.|
|A2||When I Grow Too OId To Dream|
|A3||Just One Look|
|A5||White Rhythm & Blues|
|B1||All That You Dream|
|B2||Ooh Baby Baby|
|B5||Love Me Tender|
- Recorded At – The Sound Factory
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum Records
- Manufactured By – Columbia House – TC5 155
- Acoustic Guitar – Waddy Wachtel (tracks: B4, B5)
- Alto Saxophone – David Sanborn (tracks: A4, B2)
- Arranged By – Mike Mainieri (tracks: A2)
- Backing Vocals – Andrew Gold (tracks: A4), Arnold McCuller (tracks: B4), David Lasley (tracks: B4), James Gilstrap* (tracks: B2), John Lehman (tracks: B2), Kenny Edwards (tracks: A1, A4, B1, B3, B4), Linda Ronstadt (tracks: A3, A5, B4), Pat Henderson (tracks: A3, B3), Peter Asher (tracks: A1), Sherlie Matthews (tracks: A3, B3), Waddy Wachtel (tracks: A1), Waddy Wachtel (tracks: B1, B5)
- Bass – Kenny Edwards (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B3, B4)
- Bells [Sleigh] – Peter Asher (tracks: B1)
- Congas – Russell Kunkel* (tracks: A5, B4)
- Cowbell – Peter Asher (tracks: A3)
- Design, Art Direction – Kosh*
- Drums – Russell Kunkel* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B4)
- Electric Guitar – Dan Dugmore (tracks: A1, A3, B2), Waddy Wachtel (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B3)
- Electric Piano – Don Grolnick (tracks: A4, A5, B1)
- Engineer – Val Garay
- Lap Steel Guitar – Dan Dugmore (tracks: B3)
- Mastered By – Doug Sax
- Organ – Don Grolnick (tracks: A5, B5)
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Dan Dugmore (tracks: A5, B1, B4)
- Photography By – Jim Shea
- Piano – Don Grolnick (tracks: A1, A2, A3, A5, B2, B3, B4)
- Producer – Peter Asher
- Recorded By [Assistant], Mixed By [Assistant] – George Ybarra
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Val Garay
- Tambourine – Peter Asher (tracks: A3)
- Tambourine [Shaker] – Peter Asher (tracks: B1, B4)
- Vibraphone – Mike Mainieri (tracks: A2)
NotesAsylum and Dolby System" on cassette and J-card. Full credits inside J-card.
℗© 1976 Elektra/Asylum Records
Recorded May 5th, July 3rd, 1978.
Front of insert with white border on top and bottom is club release
|6E-155||Linda Ronstadt||Living In The USA (LP, Album, SP )||Asylum Records||6E-155||US||1978|
|460 (6E-155)||Linda Ronstadt||Living In The U.S.A. (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||460 (6E-155)||Greece||1978|
|6E-155||Linda Ronstadt||Living In The USA (LP, Album, Gat)||Asylum Records||6E-155||New Zealand||1978|
|6E-155||Linda Ronstadt||Living In The USA (LP, Album, PRC)||Asylum Records||6E-155||US||1978|
|7559-60531-2||Linda Ronstadt||Living In The USA (CD, Album)||Asylum Records||7559-60531-2||Australia||Unknown|