Explore releases from the Air Mail Archive label. Discover what's missing in your discography and shop for Air Mail Archive releases. Air Mail Recordings 2-2-34- Kamitakaido, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0074 Japan PH: (+81)3-5357-3034 FAX:(+81)3-5357-3035 infoailrecordings.
Air Mail is an album by the improvisational collective Air featuring Henry Threadgill, Steve McCall, and Fred Hopkins recorded for the Italian Black Saint label Air Mail. Airmail (or air mail) is a mail transport service. Airmail may also refer to: Airmail (album), a 2000 album by Epicure. Air Mail (album), a 1981 album by Air. Air Mail (film), a 1932 American film directed by John Ford. The Air Mail, a 1925 silent film directed by Irvin Willat. Air Mail (video game), a 2012 iOS game.
Airmails of the United States. Airmails of the United States or . Air Mail was a service class of the United States Post Office Department and its successor United States Postal Service delivering mail flown by aircraft within the United States and its possessions and territories.
Airmail (or air mail) is a mail transport service branded and sold on the basis of at least one leg of its journey being by air. Airmail items typically arrive more quickly than surface mail, and usually cost more to send. Airmail may be the only option for sending mail to some destinations, such as overseas, if the mail cannot wait the time it would take to arrive by ship, sometimes weeks.
Air Mail is an album by the improvisational collective Air featuring Henry Threadgill, Steve McCall, and Fred Hopkins recorded for the Italian Black Saint label Contents. The flute is a family of musical instruments in the woodwind group. Unlike woodwind instruments with reeds, a flute is an aerophone or reedless wind instrument that produces its sound from the flow of air across an opening. According to the instrument classification of Hornbostel–Sachs, flutes ar. selection of flutes from around the world.
Shimada Nami - Via Air Mail (1987). Songs in album Shimada Nami - Via Air Mail (1987).
- Recorded At – Right Track Recording
- Mixed At – Right Track Recording
- Published By – Big Mac Publishing Co.
- Published By – Frederic Publishing Co.
- Published By – Dubra Publishing
- Copyright (c) – Black Saint
- Distributed By – IREC Milano
- Bass – Fred Hopkins
- Drums, Bells – Steve McCall
- Engineer – David Stone
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bill Miranda*
- Executive-Producer – Giovanni Bonandrini
- Photography By [Cover] – Anthony Barboza
- Producer, Design [Cover] – Air Productions
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax], Alto Saxophone [Alto Sax], Flute, Bass Flute, Performer [Hubkaphone] – Henry Threadgill
NotesRecorded December 28, 1980, mixed December 29, 1980 at Right Track Studio, NYC.
Dedications as follows:
Track A1 to Bobbie Kingsley (by Steve McCall)
Track A2 to Ronnie Boykins (by Fred Hopkins)
Track B to Cecil Taylor & Jimmy Lyons (by H.T.)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, Stamped): BSR-CC49-A- 26-2-81- ▯ ▵
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, Stamped): BSR-CC49-B 11-2-81- I ▵
- Rights Society: S.I.A.E.
|120 049-2||Air||Air Mail (CD, Album, RE)||Black Saint||120 049-2||Italy||Unknown|
|BSR 0049 CD||Air||Air Mail (CD, Album, RE)||Black Saint||BSR 0049 CD||France||Unknown|