Yves Smierciak And The Delegates Of Rhythm – A Saturday Night Fish Fry. Label: Pinnacle Recordings – LP 112, Pinnacle Recordings – PLP-112. A3. Saturday Night Fish fry. 4:28.
Saturday Night Fish Fry. Louis Jordan. Album I Believe in Music: The Blues Singer & Players Collection, Volume 20. Saturday Night Fish Fry Lyrics. Now if you've ever been down to New Orleans Then you can understand just what I mean Now all through the week it's quiet as a mouse But on Saturday night they go from house to house. Now the women was screamin' and jumpin' and yellin' The bottles was flyin', and the fish was smellin' And way above all the noise we made Somebody hollered, "Better get outta here, this is a raid!" I didn't know we were breaking the law but Somebody reached over and hit me on the jaw Now they had us blocked off from front to back And they were puttin' 'em in the wagon like potato sacks.
Fish fries - open parties with lots of food, drink, music and revelry - were a New Orleans tradition in the black community. On Saturday nights, a red kerosene lamp would indicate which houses were hosting. In this song, Louis Jordan sings about hitting up a particularly festive fish fry on Rampart Street, where everyone is dancing and having a good time to the sounds of a grand piano. But then the place gets busted; Jordan tries hiding under a bathtub but is discovered and goes to jail. It was a great time while it lasted, but he never wants to go through that again
The song 'Saturday Night Fish Fry' by Buddy Guy has a tempo of 175 beats per minute (BPM) on 'Heavy Love'.
Saturday Night Fish Fry Data di pubblicazione: settembre 1949. Tracking list e i testi dell'album: Saturday Night Fish Fry, Part 1. Saturday Night Fish Fry, Part 2. Saturday Night Fish Fry, Part 1. Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five: gli altri album. Friendship, You're Much Too Fat (And That's That) Data di pubblicazione: settembre 1949. Open the Door, Richard!, It's So Easy Data di pubblicazione: settembre 1949.
Продавец: ООО "Ив Роше Восток". Адрес: Россия, Москва, Лесной 4-й переулок, 4. ОГРН: 1027739896975
|A2||Just A Feeling||4:17|
|A3||Saturday Night Fish fry||4:28|
|A4||What Did He Say?||3:48|
|A5||Lester Leaps In||3:44|
|A6||Let's Twist Some More||3:25|
|B1||Beat And The Blues||6:08|
|B5||Garbage Man Blues||2:24|
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Marc Smierciak, Stan Warren
- Bass – Jeff Lindahl
- Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Carl Silberman
- Cover – Curt Nilsen
- Drums – Eric Haggard, Ken Voelker, Mark Anderson
- Engineer – Brian Ziegler
- Engineer, Mixed By – Judd Sager
- Keyboards, Vocals – Aaron Moore
- Layout – Cheryl Wickart
- Liner Notes – Doug Long
- Piano – Andy Johnson , Jimmy Boyd , Joe Johnson
- Producer – Robert G. Koester
- Producer, Arranged By, Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Vocals – Yves Smierciak
- Producer, Vocals – Joel van Wambeke
- Soprano Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Vocals – Franz Jackson
- Tenor Saxophone – Eddie Johnson
- Tenor Saxophone, Vocals – Paul Bascomb
- Trumpet, Valve Trombone – John Gorman
- Vocals – Kathy Brown , Megan Nease