Boggy Depot is the debut solo album by Alice in Chains guitarist and vocalist Jerry Cantrell. Boggy Depot debuted at No. 28 on the Billboard 200 album chart and spent 14 weeks on the Top 200. The tracks "Cut You In", "My Song" and "Dickeye" were released as singles to promote the album.
Лицензиар: "SME (от лица компании "Columbia"); BMG Rights Management, CMRRA, ARESA" и другие авторские общества (2).
Boggy Depot finds Jerry Cantrell in an interesting position. Unlike most famous musicians launching a solo career, Cantrell is a reluctant solo artist. If he had a choice, it's clear he would have recorded most of the material on Boggy Depot with Alice in Chains and tour it with the band, but Layne Staley's inertia, poor health, and personal problems meant that the band couldn't function as a normal working group. Instead of holing up, Cantrell made a solo album that's an Alice album by any other name. Boggy Depot doesn't have the psychological weight of Dirt, Alice's best album, but it comes close to replicating the sound. And for some fans, that might be enough, especially since they'll actually get to see Cantrell in concert and get new records on a fairly regular basis.
Cantrell uses very similair writing styles as Alice In Chains including the verry dissonant chords and harmonies. Although much more mellow than Alice In Chains, Cant. 1- Dickeye- Strong opening song. Intro comes in soft and grows until guitars come in. When the guitars arrive, you cant help but bang your head and maybe whip out that imaginary guitar you play so well. Great Guitar riffs and vocals.
By: Jerry Cantrell (1998, Rock). More albums from Jerry Cantrell: Degradation Trip by Jerry Cantrell. Degradation Trip Volumes 1 & 2 by Jerry Cantrell. View all albums . Boggy Depot. By: Jerry Cantrell (1998, Rock).
Boggy Depot (CD, Album, Promo). 488705 2, COL 488705 2. Jerry Cantrell. Boggy Depot (12xFile, AAC, Album, 128). Boggy Depot (Cass, Album).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Cut You In
Horns – Angelo Moore
|5||Breaks My Back||7:07|
|7||Devil By His Side||4:50|
|8||Keep The Light On||4:49|
|10||Hurt A Long Time||5:41|
Horns – Angelo Moore
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Recorded At – Studio D
- Recorded At – The Plant Studios
- Recorded At – Paradise Sound
- Recorded At – Studio X
- Mixed At – Studio X
- Mastered At – Precision Mastering
- Pressed By – DADC – CTDP-000336
- Art Direction – Mary Maurer
- Bass – Norwood Fisher* (tracks: 4, 5), Les Claypool (tracks: 11, 12), Mike Inez (tracks: 2, 6, 7), Rex Brown (tracks: 1, 3, 8 to 10)
- Concept By – Jerry Cantrell
- Design – Brandy Flower
- Drums – Sean Kinney
- Edited By – Ron Boustead
- Engineer [Additional] – Scott Olson
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Toby Wright
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Sam Hofstedt
- Photography By – Rocky Schenck
- Producer – Jerry Cantrell, Toby Wright
- Product Manager – Peter Fletcher
- Recorded By – Toby Wright
- Recorded By [Assistant - Paradise Sound] – Rob Nordstrom
- Recorded By [Assistant - Studio D & The Plant] – Mike Creswell*
- Recorded By [Assistant - Studio X] – Sam Hofstedt
- Technician – Darrell Peters, Mark Newman, Walter Gemienhardt
- Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Clavinet, Organ, Songwriter, Steel Drums – Jerry Cantrell
NotesRecorded at: Studio D & The Plant- Sausalito, CA / Paradise Sound - Index, WA / Studio X - Seattle, WA
Mixed at Studio X - Seattle, WA
Mastered at Precision Mastering - Hollywood, CA
Les Claypool appears courtesy of Interscope Records.
Rex Brown appears courtesy of East West Records / EEG.
Packaging: Jewel Case
Total Playing Time: 62 mins, 36 secs
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7464-68147-2 7
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CTDP-000336 01
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): CTDP-000336 F3 1B 05
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L337
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L423
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 5100
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI
- Other (Mould Inscription, Variant 2): P110
|SAMP 1031||Jerry Cantrell||Boggy Depot (CD, Album, Promo)||Columbia||SAMP 1031||Australia||1998|
|488705 2, COL 488705 2||Jerry Cantrell||Boggy Depot (CD, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||488705 2, COL 488705 2||Europe||1998|
|none||Jerry Cantrell||Boggy Depot (12xFile, AAC, Album, 128)||Columbia||none||US||Unknown|
|CT 68147||Jerry Cantrell||Boggy Depot (Cass, Album)||Columbia||CT 68147||US||1998|
|CK 68147||Jerry Cantrell||Boggy Depot (Cass)||Columbia||CK 68147||US||1998|