Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends is the debut album of English rock singer Screaming Lord Sutch. Recording began in May 1969 at Mystic Studios in Hollywood and it was released on Cotillion Records in 1970. The album featured an all-star line-up with contributions from Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page (who also produced the album) and John Bonham, guitarist Jeff Beck, session keyboardist Nicky Hopkins, session guitarist Deniel Edwards and Jimi Hendrix Experience bass-player Noel Redding.
Back to the page of Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends. Til the Following Night - Good Golly Miss Molly. 7'', Декабрь 1961, His Masters Voice. Recorded when the band's name was SCREAMING LORD SUTCH AND THE SAVAGES. 1. 'Til the Following Night. 2. Good Golly Miss Molly. Recorded when the band’s name was SCREAMING LORD SUTCH AND THE SAVAGES. I'm a Hog for You. Monster in Black Tights.
An infamous album by London scene maker Screaming Lord Sutch, who, among other things, claimed to be a genuine Earl and to have started the long hair craze of the '60s, and ran for Parliament on the youth ticket. His infamy bought him some heavy friends indeed for his first LP. Jimmy Page (who produced and played), John Bonham, Jeff Beck, Nicky Hopkins and Noel Redding are all on hand to support Sutch's R&B retreads ("Baby Come Back" is a steal of Roy Head's "Treat Her Right").
Similar UK version Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends has different runouts, no mention of distributors, and a boxed Atlantic logo on the front sleeve. Matrix, Runout (Runout area A-side): 24022 A/1 112. Matrix, Runout (Runout area B-side): 24022 B/1 116.
Listen to music from Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends like Wailing Sounds, Flashing Lights & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends. Recording began in May 1969 at Mystic Studios in Hollywood and released on Cotillion Records in 1970.
|A2||'Cause I Love You||2:41|
|A5||Would You Believe||3:18|
|A6||Smoke And Fire||2:36|
|B2||Union Jack Car||2:59|
|B3||One For You , Baby||2:40|
|B6||Baby, Come Back||2:28|
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Bass – Martin Kohl (tracks: A5, A6, B3 to B5), Noel Redding (tracks: B1, B3 to B5), Rick Brown* (tracks: A4, A5, B5)
- Bass, Guitar – Daniel Edwards (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, A6, B2, B5, B6)
- Design [Album] – Edgar Blackeney, Lord Sutch*
- Drums – Bob Metke (tracks: A6, B3, B4), Carlo Little (tracks: A4 to A6), John Bonham (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B2, B5, B6)
- Engineer [Recording] – Tommy Caccetta*
- Engineer [Remix] – Brad Pink Staff, Tommy Caccetta*
- Guitar – Jeff Beck (tracks: A4, A5, B5), Jimmy Page (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1, B2, B5, B6), Kent Henrey* (tracks: A5, A6, B3 to B5)
- Photography By [Backliner] – Annette Del Zoppo, Baron Robbins, Earl Leaf
- Photography By [Cover] – Baron Robbins
- Piano – Nicky Hopkins (tracks: A4, A5, B5)
- Producer – Jimmy Page, Lord Sutch*
- Vocals – Lord Sutch*
NotesLabel variation, pressed at Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute, Indiana ("CTH"-suffix matrix numbers on labels - see images).
Recorded at Mystic Studios, Hollywood & Olympic Studios, London.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ST-CTN-691799CTH
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ST-CTN-691800CTH
|SD 9015||Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends||Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends (LP, Album, MO)||Cotillion||SD 9015||US||1970|
|WOU 9015, VSCD-2103||Lord Sutch & Heavy Friends*||Lord Sutch & Heavy Friends (CD, Album, RE)||Wounded Bird Records, Vivid Sound||WOU 9015, VSCD-2103||Japan||2005|
|THBC-2.022||Various Artists*||Smoke And Fire (Cass)||Thunderbolt||THBC-2.022||UK||1985|
|SD 9015||Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends||Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends (LP, Album)||Cotillion||SD 9015||US||1970|
|LP 5152||Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends||Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends (LP, Album, RE)||Sundazed Music||LP 5152||US||2004|