About Major/Minor album. Album Major/Minor (2011). Label Vagrant Records. Eddie Breckenridge, Riley Breckenridge. Eric Stenman, James Musshorn.
Data wpisu 19 Wrzesień 2011. Wydawcy Vagrant Records. Styl muzycznyPunk-Rock. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album2.
Major/minor compositions are musical compositions that begin in a major key and end in a minor key (generally the parallel minor), specifying the keynote (as C major/minor). This is a very unusual form in tonal music, although examples became more common in the nineteenth century.
Major/Minor is the seventh studio recording (and eighth studio album release) by the American rock band Thrice. The album was released on September 6, 2011 through Vagrant Records. Major/Minor was initially released in a double LP vinyl record format on September 6, 2011 through Vagrant Records. Two weeks later, on September 20 in the US and September 19 in the UK, Major/Minor was. released in CD and digital download formats.
Major/Minor is Thrice’s 8th studio album, released September 6, 2011. It was the first record since Vheissu where Thrice had used an outside producer (Dave Schiffman) and was the last studio album released before their two-and-a-half-year hiatus. While writing the album, Ed and Riley’s dad passed away from cancer, Teppei’s mom passed away from cancer, and Dustin’s dad was fighting cancer. That grief is captured in songs like Blur, and Dustin’s hope in songs like Disarmed. The working title of the album was Blur. Major/Minor was the working title of the song Yellow Belly due to a shift.
In a way it's only natural to want and expect some sort of sonic evolution in a new Thrice album, but if one looks at their output as a whole, the differences between each of their seven albums aren't the giant experimental steps that so often get mentioned when describing the middle of their discography. Instead it's more of a different approach and refinement of what came before
Thrice – Major/Minor. Label: Vagrant Records – VR685. Recorded At Red Bull Studios, Los Angeles, CA Additional recording at New Grass Studios. Sticker on Shrink Wrap: "Thrice Major/Minor The New Studio Album".
|5||Call It In The Air||4:31|
|8||Words In The Water||6:18|
|9||Listen Through Me||4:33|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Vagrant Records, LLC.
- Copyright (c) – Vagrant Records, LLC.
- Copyright (c) – Kings Upon The Main
- Recorded At – Red Bull Studios, Los Angeles, CA
- Recorded At – New Grass Studios
- Pressed By – Optical Experts Manufacturing – 2028631
- Art Direction, Design, Artwork – Jordan Butcher
- Booking [European & Australian Booking] – Steve Strange , X-ray Touring
- Booking [North American & Japanese Booking] – Andrew Ellis , Paradigm Agency*
- Engineer [Assistant Engineering By] – Eric Stenman, James Musshorn
- Legal [Representation] – Scott Bradford
- Management – Ken O'Leary, Relentless Artist Management*
- Management [Business Management] – Nick Ben-Meir
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Music By – Thrice
- Performer – Ed Breckenridge*, Riley Breckenridge
- Performer, Lyrics By – Dustin Kensrue
- Performer, Recorded By [Additional Recording By] – Teppei Teranishi
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Dave Schiffman*
NotesRecorded At Red Bull Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Additional recording at New Grass Studios
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 01091 06852 0
- Barcode (Scanned): 601091068520
- Matrix / Runout: 08/02/2011 06:37:39.PM #51194 IFPI LN08 2028631 01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LN08
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|VR685||Thrice||Major / Minor (CD, Album)||Vagrant Records||VR685||Europe||2011|
|VR686||Thrice||Major/Minor (2x12", Album, Ltd, Cle)||Vagrant Records||VR686||US||2011|
|none||Thrice||Major/Minor (CD, Album, Promo, Adv)||Vagrant Records||none||US||2011|
|VR685||Thrice||Major/Minor (CD, Album)||Vagrant Records||VR685||Australia||2011|
|VR686||Thrice||Major/Minor (2x12", Album, Ltd, RE, Yel)||Vagrant Records||VR686||US||2015|