Atavism is the fifth studio album released by the American heavy metal band Slough Feg (formerly The Lord Weird Slough Feg). In biology, an atavism is an evolutionary throwback, such as traits reappearing which had disappeared generations before. Thus the appearance of primordial humans in a cave on the cover.
Album · 2005 · 14 Songs. 14 Songs, 38 Minutes. Released: Apr 28, 2005. 2005 Cruz Del Sur Music. More By Slough Feg. See All. Hardworlder.
Descending and turning A shadow with soles in his hand Standing alone by the garden I hear his command Swaying blindly, under a moribund sun Strangely the pain has only begun. Painlessly crossing the yard-lines The ball in his hand Piles of bodies dispatched in the grass And the sand Helmets crashing, under the weight of the one Vaguely aware the pain has begun.
Atavism (2005) by Slough Feg. Labels: Cruz del Sur Music. Genres: Heavy Metal . It is limited to 500 copies all hand-numbered. The first 50 copies come with a Slough Feg poster. The vinyl re-release of Atavism, Is the first release by the label "Forest Moon Special Products". 1). Megametal (80/100). oproti predošlému je o niečo pestrejšie, štýlovo: tradičný Heavy Metal s občasnými Rock-ovými pasážami. Slough Feg Discography.
Lyrically the album is original, but this originality is left in vein as the listener is instead left concen. Lyrically the album is original, but this originality is left in vein as the listener is instead left concen. Taking their influences equally from traditional Heavy Metal and Celtic and Folk, Slough Feg is surely owners of the most bizarre handles in rock today. Known for their theatrical performances the band was formed by lead singer Mike Scalzi sometime during the mid 90’s.
The songs are all unmistakably Slough Feg, but they've opted to go a bit further into the classic metal sound, all the while retaining all the bits and nuances that make them, and only them, sound the way they do. If there were one word that would capture what this album is all about, that word would be "melody". There are great melodies lurking behind every bar on this album, and it just doesn't stop.
|2||I Will Kill You / You Will Die||3:50|
|5||Climax Of A Generation||2:55|
|7||Eumaeus The Swineherd||2:38|
|8||Curse Of Athena||2:44|
|10||High Season V||1:01|
|12||Man Out Of Time||3:05|
- Pressed By – Sony DADC – A0100596608-0101
- Artwork – Deanna Cilli, Greg Haa, Zdenek Burian*
- Bass – Adrian Maestas
- Design – temn0 un.art*
- Drums – Greg Haa
- Guitar – John Cobbett, Mike Scalzi
- Mastered By – Justin Weis
- Mixed By – Justin Phelps
- Music By – Cobbett* (tracks: 4, 13), Scalzi* (tracks: 1 to 14)
- Photography By – Rebecca Hayes, Victoria Creasy
- Recorded By – Justin Phelps
- Vocals – Mike Scalzi
NotesRecorded and mixed at Hyde St. Studios, San Francisco, June-October 2004.
Mastered at Trackworx, South San Francisco, October 2004
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8032622210125
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2): Sony DADC A0100596608-0101 15 A0
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): Sony DADC A0100596608-0101 23 A00
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): Sony DADC A0100596608-0101 32 A00
- Matrix / Runout (Mould - Variant 1): *
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2): IFPI L555
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI L553
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 948A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 94K4
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 94K6
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 948S
|FMSP001||Slough Feg*||Atavism (LP, Album, Ltd, Num, Hal)||Forest Moon Special Products||FMSP001||US||2005|
|cruz12||Slough Feg*||Atavism (CD, Album, Promo)||Cruz Del Sur Music||cruz12||Italy||2005|