Andrew Lloyd Webber And Tim Rice. Jesus Christ Superstar (A Rock Opera) (2xLP, Album).
Jesus Christ Superstar is a 1970 rock opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. The album musical is a musical dramatisation of the last week of the life of Jesus Christ, beginning with his entry into Jerusalem and ending with the Crucifixion. It was originally banned by the BBC on grounds of being "sacrilegious". By 1983, the album had sold over 7 million copies worldwide.
The opera was recorded at Olympic Sound Studios, Barnes, Advision Studios, Island Studios And Spot Productions Studios On 16-track tape. Matrix, Runout (Side A): Manufactured in Germany 7-0215.
Overture (Jesus Christ Superstar) by Andrew Lloyd Webber Lyrics. 2. Heaven on Their Minds by Andrew Lloyd Webber (Ft. Jerome Pradon, Murray Head & Zubin Varla) Lyrics. The first version of the Lloyd Webber/Rice classic, this album features the vocal talents of Ian Gillan, Murray Head, Yvonne Elliman, and more. This is much more than a collection of (great) songs; the lyrics and the music convey the fears, anger, anxiety and anguish of the characters, from Judas to Jesus to Mary Magdalene, with all the supporting historical characters like Caiaphas and King Herod. It’s even different than anything else Andrew Loyd Webber or Tim Rice ever did again. While both of them went on to be famous and produce other respectable pieces, neither of them ever touched the heavans again. This was their moment of truth.
All formats Album CD CD Album CD Single CD Maxi Vinyl records LP 7 inchs 7 inchs (SP) 7 inchs (EP) 12 inchs 78 rpm 10 inchs DVD VHS Cassette Clothing T-Shirt Others. Andrew lloyd webber and tim rice jesus christ superstar a rock opera.
Remastered version of Jesus Christ Superstar, the seminal, genre-defining rock album written by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. The album was the starting point of the Jesus Christ Superstar phenomenon and spawned the now world famous theatrical stage show and Hollywood film. Originally released in 1970, the album achieved huge global fame, most notably in the United States where it went to Number 1 on the Billboard Album Chart, keeping other seminal records by George Harrison and Led Zeppelin off the top spot and going on to sell over 7 million copies worldwide.
Forbidden Broadway Cast - Andrew Lloyd Webber Superstar 02:24. Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar" 1996 London Cast - Overture 04:15. Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar" 1996 London Cast, Zubin Varla - Superstar 03:58. Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar" 1996 London Cast - Pilate And Christ 02:41. Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar" 1996 London Cast - Peter's Denial 01:28. Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar" 1996 London Cast, Steve Balsamo - Crucifixion 03:25. Strange Thing, Mystifying 04:07. Andrew Lloyd Webber - I Don't Know How to Love Him (From "Jesus Christ, Superstar") 03:35.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Directed By [Children's Choir] – Alan Doggett
|1.2||Heaven On Their Minds||4:23|
|1.3||What's The Buzz / Strange Thing Mystifying||4:13|
|1.5||This Jesus Must Die||3:36|
|1.7||Simon Zealotes / Poor Jerusalem||4:49|
|1.11||I Don't Know How To Love Him||3:36|
|1.12||Damned For All Time / Blood Money||5:11|
|2.1||The Last Supper||7:10|
|2.2||Gethsemane (I Only Want To Say)||5:33|
|2.5||Pilate And Christ||2:46|
|2.6||King Herod's Song||3:02|
|2.8||Trial Before Pilate (Including The 39 Lashes)||5:13|
Choir – The Trinidad SingersLeader [The Trinidad Singers] – Horace James
|2.11||John Nineteen: Forty One||2:10|
- Pressed By – EDC, Germany – 51005512
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Henry McCulloch*
- Artwork [Lettering] – Anne Brenchley
- Bass Guitar – Alan Spenner, Alan Weighall, Jeff Clyne, Peter Morgan*
- Bassoon – Anthony Brooke, Joseph Castaldini
- Clarinet – Ian Herbert
- Conductor [Orchestra Principal Conductor], Synthesizer [Moog] – Alan Doggett
- Conductor [Strings Of The City Of London] – Malcolm Henderson
- Drums – John Marshall
- Drums, Percussion – Bruce Rowland
- Electric Guitar – Neil Hubbard
- Engineer [Advision] – Martin Rushend*
- Engineer [Chief Recording] – Alan M. O'Duffy*
- Engineer [Cutting] – Tony Bridge
- Engineer [Recording] – Anton Matthews, Jeremy Gee, Stephen Vaughan*
- Flute – Brian Warren, Chris Taylor
- Guitar – Chris Spedding, Clive Hicks, Louis Stewart, Steve Vaughan
- Horns – Andrew McGavin, Douglas Moore , James Brown , Jim Buck Snr.*, Jim Buck Jnr.*, John Burdon*
- Leader [Choir] – Geoffrey Mitchell
- Lyrics By – Tim Rice
- Music By, Orchestrated By, Directed By [Musical Direction] – Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Percussion – Bill LeSage*
- Photography By [Cover] – Peter Sanders
- Piano – Carl Jenkins*, Norman Cave
- Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Organ [Positive] – Peter Robinson
- Piano, Organ – Mick Weaver
- Piano, Organ, Synthesizer [Moog] – Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Producer – Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice
- Production Manager [Production Management] – Don Norman
- Saxophone [Tenor] – Chris Mercer
- Trombone – Anthony Moore , Frank Jones , Keith Christie
- Trumpet – Harold Beckett*, Ian Hamer, Kenny Wheeler, Les Condon
- Vocals [Annas] – Brian Keith
- Vocals [Apostles, Priests, Roman Soldiers, Merchants, Crowd] – Alan O'Duffy, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Barbara Kay, Brian Bennett*, Kay Garner, Lesley Duncan, Madeline Bell, Seafield St. George*, Neil Lancaster, Pat Arnold*, Peter Barnfeather, Sue And Sunny*, Terry Saunders, Tim Rice, Tony Ashton
- Vocals [Caiaphas, High Priest] – Victor Brox
- Vocals [Jesus Christ] – Ian Gillan
- Vocals [Judas Iscariot] – Murray Head
- Vocals [King Herod] – Mike D'Abo
- Vocals [Maid By The Fire] – Annette Brox
- Vocals [Mary Magdalene] – Yvonne Elliman
- Vocals [Peter] – Paul Davis
- Vocals [Pontius Pilate] – Barry Dennen
- Vocals [Priest] – Paul Raven
- Vocals [Simon Zealotes] – John Gustafson
NotesOriginally released October 1970.
The Opera was recorded at Olympic Sound Studios, Advision Studios,
Barnes, Island Studios and Spot Production Studios on 16-track tape.
Released with two 10-page booklets with lyrics, notes, graphics, and photos.
All titles (P) (C) 1970 MCA Records, Inc. except :
King Herod's Song (P) 1970 Norrie Paramor Music Ltd.
Made in Germany
Total Playing Time : 87:13
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): [Universal Logo] 00001 810 501-2 04 * 5174297
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): [Universal Logo] 50117 810 501-2 02 * 51005512
- Barcode: 5 011781 050127
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Label Code: LC 1056
- Matrix / Runout (Inner Ring ): Made in Germany by EDC C
|MKPS 2011/2, MAPS 207 5/6||Various, Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice*||Various, Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice* - Jesus Christ Superstar (2xLP, Album, 1st)||MCA Records, MCA Records||MKPS 2011/2, MAPS 207 5/6||UK||1970|
|DST 7206 P-DP, DXSA 7206||Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice*||Jesus Christ Superstar - A Rock Opera (Reel, 4tr Stereo, 7" Reel, Album)||Decca, Decca||DST 7206 P-DP, DXSA 7206||US||1970|
|MCAS 55201/02||Andrew Lloyd Webber And Tim Rice||Jesus Christ Superstar (A Rock Opera) (2xLP, Album)||MCA Records||MCAS 55201/02||Greece||1970|
|П91 00029||Various||Иисус Христос Суперзвезда (2xLP)||Студия "Крокус"||П91 00029||USSR||1991|
|DXSA 7206||Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice||Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice - Jesus Christ Superstar - A Rock Opera (2xLP, Album + Box)||Decca||DXSA 7206||Canada||1970|