Recorded July 21, 1969 at The Aquarius Theatre in Hollywood, California, USA. (Early Show). Acid Evangelists (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Unofficial, Col). Whispering Souls Authentic Vinyl Records.
Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance. Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance is a double live album by American rock band the Doors. It was recorded at the Aquarius Theatre in Hollywood on July 21, 1969. The album contains the band's first performance that day. The second show can be found on Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The Second Performance.
Date de parution 2004. Labels Rhino Records. Membres possèdant cet album1. 2. Jim's Introduction. 3. Back Door Man. 4. Break on Through (to the Other Side). 5. What Do We Do Next? 6. Soul Kitchen.
From the Doors' own Bright Midnight Records comes this double-disc package featuring the first of two sets performed on July 21, 1969, at the Aquarius Theater in Hollywood. and, as lead vocalist Jim Morrison announces at the outset, these homecoming performances were done for the express purpose of gathering material for a live album. Indeed, this was only the fifth concert appearance that the Doors had been able to secure in the wake of what is referred to as "the Miami incident
Do you know what kind of music this is? Tag this album.
Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance is a double live album and comprises two performances given by American rock band The Doors on 21 July 1969. This first set contains the recordings of only the first show. Both performances were held at The Aquarius Theatre in Hollywood. This release is a part of the Bright Midnight Archives, an arm of Rhino Entertainment Group. The Bright Midnight Archives releases live albums recorded by The Doors and presents them in their entirety.
Absolutely Live is the first live album by American rock band the Doors, released July 20, 1970 by Elektra Records. The double album features tracks recorded at concerts held between July 1969 at the Aquarius Theater in Hollywood and May 1970 at the Cobo Arena in Detroit. The album included the first full release of the performance piece "Celebration of the Lizard" and several other tracks that had not previously appeared on any official Doors release
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Back Door Man
Written-By – Dixon*
|A4||Break On Through (To The Other Side)||4:49|
|A5||What Do We Do Next?||0:18|
|B1||You Make Me Real||3:11|
|B3||I Will Never Be Untrue||3:50|
|B4||The Crowd Humbly Requests||0:59|
|B5||When The Music's Over||11:32|
|C2||The Crowd Requests Their Favorites And Tuning||1:20|
Written-By – Parker*, Johnson*, Phillips*
|C4||Build Me A Woman||5:35|
|D2||Who Do You Love (False Start)
Written-By – McDaniel*
|D3||Who Do You Love
Written-By – McDaniel*
|D4||Light My Fire||10:53|
|E1||The Crowd Requests More||1:15|
|E2||The Celebration Of The Lizard||15:28|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Doors Music Co.
- Copyright (c) – Doors Music Co.
- Manufactured By – Rhino Handmade
- Distributed By – Rhino Handmade
- Recorded At – The Aquarius Theatre, Hollywood
- Pressed By – Quality Record Pressings
- Art Direction, Design – Bryan Lasley, Patrick Pending
- Design [Redesign] – Patrick Tempest
- Drums – John Densmore
- Guitar – Robby Krieger
- Keyboards – Ray Manzarek
- Lacquer Cut By – Chris Bellman
- Liner Notes – Danny Sugerman, John Densmore, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, Robert Hilburn
- Management – Danny Sugerman, Jeffrey Jampol
- Photography By – Frank Lisciandro
- Photography By, Cover – Ed Caraeff
- Producer, Mastered By, Recorded By, Mixed By, Liner Notes – Bruce Botnick
- Product Manager – Kira Matlow
- Vocals – Jim Morrison
- Written-By – The Doors (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to C2, C4, D1, D4 to F1)
NotesRecorded July 21, 1969 at The Aquarius Theatre in Hollywood, California, USA. (Early Show)
This three LP Record Store Day version of this Doors' live album is pressed on 180g clear vinyl and features the Doors' first night of a two night stand at the Aquarius Theatre on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California. Limited to 8,500.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- ASIN: B01CTFCN6C
- Barcode (Text): 0 81227 94747 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 081227947477
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): R1-971554-A CB
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): R1-971554-B CB
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side C): R1-971554-C CB
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side D): R1-971554-D CB
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side E): R1-971554-E CB
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side F): R1-971554-F CB
|RHM2 7906||The Doors||Live At The Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance (2xCD, Album)||Bright Midnight Records||RHM2 7906||US||2001|
|WSAVR 72903||The Doors||Acid Evangelists (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Unofficial, Col)||Whispering Souls Authentic Vinyl Records||WSAVR 72903||UK||2008|
|FLU-0014||The Doors||Aquarius - First Show (2xCD, Unofficial)||Filou||FLU-0014||Unknown|
|RHM2 7906||The Doors||Live At The Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance (2xCD, Album, RE)||Bright Midnight Records||RHM2 7906||US||Unknown|
|R1 971554||The Doors||Live At The Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance (3xLP, Ltd, Num, RE, RM, Cle)||Bright Midnight Records||R1 971554||Canada||2016|