Walk Under Ladders is the seventh studio album by the British singer-songwriter Joan Armatrading. Released in September 1981, it reached number 6 on the UK Album Chart and was certified Gold by the British Phonographic Industry for sales in excess of 100,000 copies. The album peaked at number 16 in Australia. Two minor hits from the album both fell just short of cracking the UK Top 40: "I'm Lucky", which peaked at n. 6, and "No Love", which peaked at n. 0.
UMG (от лица компании "A&M"); CMRRA, BMG Rights Management, UMPG Publishing, ARESA, BMI - Broadcast Music In. и другие авторские общества (2). Композиция. I Wanna Hold You (Album Version). Авторы текста и музыки. UMG (от лица компании "A&M"); CMRRA, BMI - Broadcast Music In. UMPG Publishing" и другие авторские общества (3).
Complete your Joan Armatrading collection. Walk Under Ladders (LP, Album). Walk Under Ladders (Cass). Walk Under Ladders (Cass, Album).
Walk Under Ladders Tracklist.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Walk Under Ladders (1981) by Joan Armatrading. Album starts at 114BPM, ends at 124BPM (+10), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Joan Armatrading.
On Walk Under Ladders, Joan Armatrading makes a leap to a more pop sound without losing the distinct mix of styles of her previous work. In Rolling Stone in 1999, Melissa Etheridge described Walk Under Ladders -singer-songwriter Joan Armatrading's seventh studio album - as "the best produced huge album that never wa. (In other words, it was her best album - even if it wasn't her best-selling. Etheridge has even paid homage to the 1981 album, often covering the song "The Weakness In Me" during live performances.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||When I Get It Right
Backing Vocals – Drew*, Gary*, Steve*Guitar – Kirby*Horns – Mel Collins
Horns – Dick Cuthell, Rico Rodriguez
|A4||I Wanna Hold You
Guitar – Kirby*Soloist [Acoustic Solo] – Joan*Soloist [Electric Solo] – Hugh Burns
|A5||The Weakness In Me
Guitar [Acoustic 12 String] – Hugh BurnsGuitar [Acoustic 6 String] – Andy PartridgePiano – Nick Plytas
Backing Vocals – Drew*, Gary*, Steve*Harmony Vocals [Harmony] – Jerry MarottaKeyboards – Nick PlytasSaxophone – Mel CollinsTambourine – Ray Cooper
|B2||At The Hop
Acoustic Guitar – Joan*Percussion – Julian DiggleSoloist [Guitar Solo] – Gary Sanford
|B3||I Can't Lie To Myself
Acoustic Guitar – Joan*Bass – Robbie ShakespeareDrums – Sly Dunbar
|B4||Eating The Bear
Guitar – Andy PartridgePerformer [Stick] – Tony LevinVoice [The Bear] – Clark Peters
Electric Piano – Joan*Talking Drum – Ray Cooper
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis
- Art Direction – Michael Ross
- Bass – Tony Levin (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5)
- Design – Michael Ross , Simon Ryan
- Drums – Jerry Marotta (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5)
- Engineer – Steve Brown
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – George Chambers
- Guitar – Gary Sanford (tracks: A2, A3, B3), Hugh Burns (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1, B2, B5)
- Mastered By – Phil Brown
- Organ – Nick Plytas (tracks: A2, A3, B2, B3)
- Other [Hair] – Gregor Schumi
- Percussion – Ray Cooper (tracks: A1, A5, B2)
- Photography By [Back Cover & Inner Sleeve Portrait] – Graham Hughes
- Photography By [Front Cover & Inner Sleeve Photography] – Tony McGee
- Producer – Steve Lillywhite
- Songwriter [All Songs Written By] – Joan Armatrading
- Synthesizer – Thomas Dolby (tracks: A1, A2, A4, A5, B4, B5)
NotesLetter R next to A&M logo at the bottom of label that denotes an RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis pressing. See also: Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
Recorded at the Town House, London, July 1981.
Mastered at Warner Bros. Recording Studios, Burbank.
© 1981 A&M Records, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
℗ 1981 A&M Records, Inc.
All songs © 1981 Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
Administered in the U.S.A. and Canada by Irving Music, Inc. (BMI)
Andy Partridge appears courtesy of Epic Records.
Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare appear courtesy of Island Records.
Dick Cuthell appears courtesy of Chrysalis Records.
Color picture inner sleeve includes lyrics.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 07502148761
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): (SP-04876-A)
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): (SP-04876-B)
- Rights Society: BMI
- Pressing Plant ID (On labels): R
|AMLH 64876||Joan Armatrading||Walk Under Ladders (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLH 64876||UK||1981|
|394 876-2||Joan Armatrading||Walk Under Ladders (CD, Album)||A&M Records||394 876-2||Germany||Unknown|
|AMP-28047||Joan Armatrading||Walk Under Ladders (LP, Album, Promo)||A&M Records||AMP-28047||Japan||1981|
|2PSP-4876||Joan Armatrading||Walk Under Ladders (LP, Album)||A&M Records||2PSP-4876||Portugal||1981|
|CRPOP 34||Joan Armatrading||Walk Under Ladders (CD, RE)||Cherry Pop||CRPOP 34||UK||2010|