The Genius of Charlie Parker is an LP record by Charlie Parker, released posthumously by Savoy Records. All but one of tracks on this album had been previously released on other formats (78 rpm records, 7 inch EPs and 10 inch LPs), but is the first 12-inch release of these master takes. It contains selections from six sessions recorded between 1944 and 1948, and contains a previously unreleased alternate take from one these sessions.
Album · 2005 · 35 Songs. Charlie Parker With Strings: Complete Master Takes. The Complete Verve Master Takes.
Features Song Lyrics for Charlie Parker's The Genius of Charlie Parker album. 9. Almost Like Being in Love Lyrics. Charlie Parker Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Charlie Parker Lyrics.
Producers Norman Granz. Writers Don Raye, Dorothy Fields, Gene de Paul & 1 more. More Charlie Parker albums. Show all albums by Charlie Parker. The Genius of Charlie Parker, Volume 7: Jazz Perennial. About Genius Contributor Guidelines Press Advertise Event Space.
This album was originally released on Savoy just after Parker's death in 1955. It collects prime Bird, both out-takes and masters, from half a dozen sessions recorded between 1945 and 1948. A very young Miles Davis and Max Roach are on hand for 10 of the 14 cuts. Bud Powell, John Lewis, Duke Jordan, Curly Russell, and Tommy Potter also put in appearances on various tracks. These are historic and were, at the time, revolutionary performances with Bird in first-rate form on familiar tunes like "Donna Lee," "Koko," and "Chasing the Bird
Explore releases from the The Genius Of Charlie Parker label. Discover what's missing in your discography and shop for The Genius Of Charlie Parker releases. Series of jazz releases, branded as "The Genius Of Charlie Parker", along with a series number.
This album has an average beat per minute of 118 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 78/152 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Recent albums by Charlie Parker.
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
|1||Bird Gets The Worm (Original Take 3)||2:35|
|2||Bluebird (Original Take 1)||2:50|
|3||Klaunstance (Original Take 1)||2:45|
|4||Barbados (Original Take 4)||2:25|
|5||Merry Go Round (Original Take 2)||2:25|
|6||Donna Lee (Original Take 4)||2:30|
|7||Chasing Bird (Original Take 3)||2:40|
|8||Koko (Original Master)||2:53|
|9||Perhaps (New Take 1)||2:33|
|10||Warming Up A Riff (Original Master)||2:32|
|11||Slim's Jam (Original Master)||2:30|
|12||Popity Pop (Original Master 4)||2:21|
|13||Dizzy Boogie (Original Master 5)||2:25|
|14||Flat Foot Floogie (Original Master)||2:18|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
- Made By – Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone – Charlie Parker
- Baritone Saxophone – Tiny Brown* (tracks: 11 to 14)
- Bass – Curly Russell (tracks: 4, 5, 8 to 10), Tommy Potter (tracks: 1 to 3, 6, 7)
- Drums – Max Roach (tracks: 1 to 10), Zutty Singleton (tracks: 11 to 14)
- Guitar, Piano, Vocals – Slim Gaillard (tracks: 11 to 14)
- Piano – Bud Powell (tracks: 6, 7), Dizzy Gillespie (tracks: 8, 10 to 14), Dodo Marmarosa (tracks: 11 to 14), Duke Jordan (tracks: 1 to 3), John Lewis (tracks: 4, 5, 9), Sadik Hakim (tracks: 8, 10)
- Tenor Saxophone – Jack McVea (tracks: 11 to 14)
- Trumpet – Miles Davis (tracks: 1 to 10)