5. It Only Rains On Saturday. 7. Theres A Hole In The Aviary. MOVIOLA ARE A musical sponge. Their music stretches out occupying a larger space. No one needs to tell these guys how to do cool, smooth dreamy little pop songs
Moviola, The Durable Dream. Used drive : hp CDDVDW TS-H653R Adapter: 1 ID: 0. Read mode : Secure Utilize accurate stream : Yes Defeat audio cache : Yes Make use of C2 pointers : No. Read offset correction : 6 Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No Null samples used in CRC calculations : Yes Used interface : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000 Gap handling : Appended to previous track
Moviola continued to display inventiveness and passion with their fourth disc, The Durable Dream. The disc starts off with "Flag You Down" and the opening recording of a man repeatedly declaring "Lay your hands on the radio. That song gives way to "Waltz on the Road," which displays the band's turn to a folksy brand of indie rock. The title track checks in as song number four. If anything, this song and the album as a whole show the maturity that the band evolved into after five years. Impressively, the band went those five years without a change in lineup.
Indie rockers Moviola formed in Columbus where core members Ted Hatterner, Jake Housh, Jeffery Dannemiller, and Scotty Tabachnick were all students at Ohio State University. The band released their first album in 1992 and quickly became mainstays on the local scene. They continued to live and work . .
Rumors Of The Faithful.
Artist: Moviola Title: The Durable Dream Year Of Release: 1999 Label: Spirit Of Orr Genre: Alternative Rock Quality: FLAC (tracks+. Tracklist: 01. Flag You Down 02. Waltz On The Railroad 03. Crowding The Sky 04. The Durable Dream 05. It Only Rains On Saturday 06. Call My Work 07. Theres A Hole In The Aviary 08. Treated Accosted 09. 1/4 Tank 10.
Moviola is a Columbus (Ohio) band started by singer/guitarist Jake Housh. The early output, such as the single Lookin' In (Anyway, 1994), is heavily distorted pop, like Spacemen 3 playing John Denver ditties. 1970, the lead track of The Year You Were Born (Anyway, 1996), displays this method at its best, while a catchy Wisdom Teeth shows commercial potential. A sudden country-rock flue makes Durable Dream (Spirit Of Orr, 1999) sound like a lost Grifters record (but Call My Work still photocopies Harvest). Just like the Grifters, the Moviola are being trapped in the classic lo-fi dilemma: as they learn to play, they sound less and less original. Their forte was their ineptitude.
CD. Music behind DJ: Emperor Penguin. Shatter the Illusion of Integrity, Yeah.
Durable Dream Moviola. The Year You Were Born Moviola. Moviola: East Of Eage. oviola. Esperándote (Album Version) on Bajofondo Tango Club.
|1||Flag You Down|
|2||Waltz On The Railroad|
|3||Crowding The Sky|
|4||The Durable Dream|
|5||It Only Rains On Saturday|
|6||Call My Work|
|7||Theres A Hole In The Aviary|
|11||Better Luck Next Time|
- Copyright (c) – Moviola
- Manufactured By – Surefire Distribution, Inc.
- Distributed By – Surefire Distribution, Inc.
- Recorded At – Diamond Mine Studios
- Published By – NoHeroics Music
- Cello – Nancy Bonnell-Kangas
- Cornet – Jill Cicarelli
- Layout, Design – David Denniston
- Lead Vocals – Jake Housh (tracks: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12), Jerry Dannemiller (tracks: 10), Scotty Tabachnick (tracks: 2, 3, 9, 13), Ted Hattemer (tracks: 6)
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Barry Hensley
- Performer – Jake Housh, Jerry Dannemiller, Scotty Tabachnick, Ted Hattemer
- Photography By – Chas Krider
- Recorded By – James Hunter (tracks: 5), Jeff Graham (tracks: 5)
- Written-By, Recorded By – Moviola
NotesAll songs ... recorded by Moviola at 400 E. Second Ave Columbus, Ohio
Except "It Only Rains on Saturday" recorded at Diamond Mine Columbus, Ohio
With Jeff Graham and James Hunter.
Released in a standard jewel case with a clear tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 15187 70142 0
- Matrix / Runout: 32789/2
- Rights Society: ASCAP