Rachelle Ferrell (born May 21, 1964) is an American vocalist and musician. Although she has had some success in the mainstream R&B, pop, gospel and classical music scene, she is noted for her talents as a contemporary jazz singer. In contemporary jazz she is noted for her delivery, control, range, improvisational vocal percussion, scatting ability and whistle register.
Rachelle Ferrell wore two hats in the 1990s: straight-ahead jazz singer and commercial R&B/pop singer along the lines of Anita Baker, Miki Howard, and Angela Bofill. Produced mostly by George Duke, this self-titled album is an example of her R&B/pop side. While artists like Mary J. Blige, Bell Biv DeVoe, Babyface, and Janet Jackson were making R&B relevant to hip-hoppers, Ferrell opted for maximum quiet storm appeal with this album.
Album Rachelle Ferrell. Peace On Earth Lyrics.
Classically trained and schooled by jazz greats, Philly-bred Rachelle Ferrell seems to have an innate grasp of exquisite phrasing, which she uses to great effect on her second album. Will he leave? she croons on Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This, drawing the last vowel out into the bleary hours before dawn. On With Open Arms, a sly rebound jam, she yelps each syllable with gleeful emphasis: I’m still wai-tin. o. OU! That captivating voice makes you linger over every word of these sultry, sophisticated R&B tracks. Rachelle Ferrell Rachelle Ferrell.
Personnel: Rachelle Ferrell - Vocal/Piano; Doug Nally - Drums; Eddie Green - Piano; Tyrone Brown - Bass; George Duke/Brian Simpson - Keyboards; Larry Kimpel - Bass; John Roberts - Drums; Jonathan Butler - Guitar. Title: Live In Montreux 91-97 Year Released: 2002 Record Label: Blue Note Records. Start your music shopping from All About Jazz and you'll support us in the process.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Welcome To My Love||5:37|
|A4||It Only Took A Minute||4:40|
|A5||With Open Arms||6:19|
|A6||'Til You Come Back To Me||6:12|
|B1||You Can't Get (Until You Learn To Start Giving)||3:42|
|B2||Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This
Vocals – Will Downing
|B3||I Know You Love Me||3:53|
|B5||Could've Fooled Me||4:36|
|B7||Peace On Earth||4:19|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – Capitol Records-EMI Of Canada
- Bass – Anthony Jackson, Larry Kimpel
- Congas – Paulinho Da Costa
- Drums – Ricky Lawson
- Electric Piano – Barry Eastmond
- Guitar – Carlos Rios , Kevin Eubanks, Mike Campbell , Paul Jackson Jr.
- Horn, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Drums – George Duke
- Keyboards – Vernon Fails
- Producer – Barry Eastmond (tracks: B2), George Duke (tracks: A1, A2, A4 To B1,B4 to B6), Michael J. Powell (tracks: A3, B3), Rachelle Ferrell (tracks: B7)
- Producer [Associate Producer] – Erik Zobler (tracks: A6), Rachelle Ferrell (tracks: A6)
- Tenor Saxophone – Kirk Whalum
- Trombone – George Bohanon
- Trumpet – Oscar Brashear
- Vocals – Will Downing (tracks: B2)
- Vocals, Piano – Rachelle Ferrell
Notes℗ © 1992 Capitol Records, Inc.
Labels: C4 93769
'XDR' (Expanded Dynamic Range)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0777-7-93769-4-0
|CDP 7 93769 2||Rachelle Ferrell||Rachelle Ferrell (CD, Album)||Capitol Records||CDP 7 93769 2||US||1992|
|CDP 593769||Rachelle Ferrell||Rachelle Ferrell (CD, Album)||Capitol Records||CDP 593769||US||1992|
|D 100387, D100387||Rachelle Ferrell||Rachelle Ferrell (CD, Album, Club)||Capitol Manhattan, Capitol Manhattan||D 100387, D100387||US||1992|
|TOCP-7360||Rachelle Ferrell||Rachelle Ferrell (CD, Album)||Capitol Records||TOCP-7360||Japan||1992|
|C4-93769||Rachelle Ferrell||Rachelle Ferrell (Cass, Album)||Capitol Records||C4-93769||US||1992|