Red Hot + Bothered (The Indie Rock Guide To Dating) (CD, Comp). Red Hot/Kinetic, Reprise Records.
Red Hot + Bothered (also known as Red Hot + Bothered: The Indie Rock Guide Book to Dating) is an anthology of the indie rock scene from the 1990s produced by Paul Heck. It was released as part of the Red Hot AIDS Benefit Series. Also included was advice from well-known artists and freelancing writers aimed at reaching the jaded youth in the audience on a variety of issues; these include relationships, love, sex and the impact of AIDS on such matters.
Various Artists - Red Hot + Bothered (1995) Artwork poster02. jpg 06 - The Verlaines - Some Fantasy. 01 - Freedom Cruise - Sensational Gravity Bo. lac. Various Artists - Red Hot + Bothered.
You also might be. interested in knowing that Kinetic's president, Steve Lau, used to be. the keyboard player for Ocean Blue-up until a year and a half ago. He. gave it all up, because his dream of being the next Brett Gurewitz was. too tempting to resist. consciousness through the Dating Guide series. appeared last spring and featured five tracks by various cutting edge. artists, in addition to the thirty-two page fanzine that really does. give dating tips in the age of AIDS-exhorting from the headlines. Date An Indie Rocker, There're The Happiest Bunch Of People You'll. Ever Meet!" (Tell that to Beck).
It was about time for the indie nation to create its own, red hot tribute that would primarily serve the cause of the organization and secondary would please the fans. No one has said anything yet. Contributions By. tha138.
February 2011, 11:52 Various Artists, Red Hot + Bothered Used drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S Adapter: 1 ID: 0 Read mode : SecureUtilize accurate stream : YesDefeat audio cache : YesMake use of C2 pointers : No Read offset correction : 48Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : NoFill up missing offset samples with silence : YesDelete leading and trailing silent blocks : NoNull samples used.
This sixth album in the Red Hot series (which benefits AIDS relief and prevention education) aims at the burgeoning indie rock market and features a surprisingly diverse and interesting lineup. The tracks all seem to be exclusive to this compilation-a definite bonus. Red, Hot and Bothered is subtitled "The Indie Rock Guide to Dating" and it's a conceptual and musical winner, from fold-out game board and poster to tunes stuffed within. It's the kind of package that has been forgotten in the age of computer load-up of music, although the songs lend themselves perfectly to pluck and choose for iPod.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Freedom Cruise||Sensational Gravity Boy
Bass – Jim Greer Drums, Vocals – Kim DealEngineer – John ShoughGuitar – Jim Pollard, Tobin SproutGuitar, Vocals – Kelly Deal*, Robert PollardWritten-By – R. Pollard*
|2||–Built To Spill Caustic Resin||Still Flat
Bass – Tom Starr Drums – HAL2000Guitar – Jet BrettsonGuitar [Git], Vocals – Dog DugginsMixed By – Chris Takino, Dog*, Phil*Recorded By – Phil EkWritten-By – Dog Duggins
|3||–Lisa Germano||The Mirror Is Gone
Bass – Daryl JohnsonDrums – Ronald JonesGuitar, Vocals – Lisa GermanoKeyboards [Keyboard] – Malcolm BurnProducer – Lisa Germano, Malcolm BurnWritten-By – Lisa Germano
Bass, Backing Vocals [Sha-la-la's] – Dan*Drums – Saul*Engineer – Wayne ConnollyGuitar, Backing Vocals [Sha-la-la's] – Doron*Guitar, Vocals – Ben*Written-By – Ben Lee
Drums – John Davis Guitar – Lou BarlowMixed By – Folk Implosion*, Wally Gagel
|6||–The Verlaines + Shayne Carter||Some Fantasy
Bass – Russell Fleming Drums – Darren StedmanEngineer – Brendan HoffmanGuitar – Paul WindersGuitar, Vocals – Graeme Downes, Shayne Carter
Drums – Trey ManyGuitar – Daniel Littleton*Guitar, Vocals – Jenny ToomeyRecorded By, Mixed By, Engineer – Warn Defever*Written-By – Jenny Toomey
|8||–Babe The Blue Ox||Hazmats
Bass, Voice [Voices] – Rose Thomsom*Drums, Shekere – Hannah Fox*Guitar, Voice [Voices] – Tim Thomas Music By – Babe The Blue OxProducer – Babe The Blue Ox, Brian Martin Words By – Tim Thomas
Bass, Backing Vocals [B-Vox] – Jennifer Levin Drums – Meggean WardGuitar, Vocals – Kendall Meade*Mixed By – Wharton TiersRecorded By – Adam LasusWritten-By – Juicy
|10||–The Sea And Cake||The Fontana
Bass – Eric Clairidge*Drums, Marimba – John McEntireGuitar – Archer PrewittGuitar, Vocals – Sam PrekopRecorded By – John McEntireWritten-By – The Sea And Cake
|11||–Cradle Robbers||Sotto Voce
Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic], Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals – Rebecca GatesAcoustic Guitar, Vocals – Lois MaffeoEngineer – Stuart Hallerman
|12||–Jay Farrar + Kelly Willis||Rex's Blues
Bass – James Boquist*Fiddle – David Boquist*Guitar, Vocals – Jay FarrarProducer – Farrar*, Keller*Snare, Cymbal [Cymbals] – John "Honeyboy" Maloney*Vocals – Kelly WillisWritten-By – Townes Van Zandt
|13||–The Grifters*||Empty Yard
Performer [Everybody Played Everything] – GriftersWritten-By – Trip*
|14||–East River Pipe||Miracleland
Written-By, Performer – F.M. Cornog
Bass – Rob PurseyDrums – Matthew Fletcher*Guitar – Pete Momtchiloff*Keyboards [Keyboard], Vocals – Cathy RogersProducer – John WillisVocals – Amelia FletcherWritten-By – Amelia Fletcher
|16||–Future Bible Heroes||Hopeless
Lyrics By, Vocals – Stephin MerrittMusic By, Instruments – Chris Ewen*Written-By – Future Bible Heroes
|17||–Flying Nuns||Servicing Man
Bass, Vocals – Kevin Sweeney*Drums – Tony VelezGuitar – Pat LynchRecorded By – Carl Plaster, Wally GagelWritten-By – Flying Nuns
|18||–Gastr Del Sol||Quietly Approaching
Trombone – Jeb BishopTrumpet – Robert WestonWritten-By, Performer – David Grubbs, Jim O'Rourke
- Copyright (c) – The Red Hot Organization
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Red Hot Organization
- Marketed By – Reprise Records
- Record Company – Time Warner
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing
- Manufactured By – Kinetic Records, Reprise Records
- Distributed By – Kinetic Records, Reprise Records
- Produced At – The Red Hot Organization
- Printed By – Barton Press
- Copyright (c) – Needmore Songs
- Copyright (c) – All Smiles
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Music
- Copyright (c) – Emotional Wench Music
- Copyright (c) – Door No. 1
- Copyright (c) – Ben Lee
- Copyright (c) – Folk Implosion
- Copyright (c) – Wayne Elsey
- Copyright (c) – Simple Machines
- Copyright (c) – Babe The Blue Ox Music
- Copyright (c) – Juicy
- Copyright (c) – The Sea And Cake
- Copyright (c) – Lois Maffeo
- Copyright (c) – Columbine Music
- Copyright (c) – Course It's Music
- Copyright (c) – Hawk Be Out Music
- Copyright (c) – Heavenly
- Copyright (c) – Christopher Ewen
- Copyright (c) – Stephin Merritt
- Copyright (c) – Flying Nuns
- Copyright (c) – Gastr Virgo
- Copyright (c) – Field Code Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hell Gate Productions
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Gay And Loud
- Published By – Show Do Bozo Songs
- Licensed From – Hell Gate Productions
- Mixed At – John & Stu's
- Mixed At – Fort Apache
- Mixed At – Dessau Studios
- Mixed At – Easley Recording
- Recorded At – Cro-Magnon Studios
- Recorded At – Audio Lab
- Recorded At – Volt Studios
- Recorded At – Excello Studios
- Recorded At – Studio Red
- Recorded At – Soma
- Recorded At – Avast! Recording Co.
- Recorded At – Chez Flames
- Recorded At – Easley Recording
- Recorded At – Bang Bang Studios
- Recorded At – FBH Sound Laboratory
- Recorded At – Fort Apache
- Recorded At – Steamroom, Chicago
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Art Direction – Jennifer Levin
- Artwork [Art By] – Jen Levin*, Sara Schwartz
- Booklet Editor [Fanzine Editor] – Jon Bing, Tai Moy
- Concept By [Created], Producer – Paul Heck
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Heather Maidat
- Cover [Devil's Work / Cover Art], Artwork [Devil's Work / Cover Art] – Christian Schumann
- Executive-Producer – John Carlin
- Management [Marketing Direction] – Alyson Shapero
- Management [Red Hot Team Alliance] – Alice Rubin, Brian Hanna, Beco Dranoff*, Dan Goldberg, Eli Pinto, Grace Harry, Shari Levine
- Mastered By – Howie "The King" Weinberg*
- Text By – Paul Heck, Renée Crist
A Red Hot Production.™ © & ℗ 1995 The Red Hot Organization
Marketed by Reprise Records. Made in U.S.A.
A Red Hot Production
©&℗ 1995 The Red Hot Organization.
Kinetic Records, marketed by Reprise Records, a Time Warner Company.
Made in U.S.A.
Mfg. by WEA Manufacturing.
A Benefit for AIDS education and relief
Printed at Barton Press
Manufactured and Distributed by Kinetic/Reprise Records
Thank you to Steve Lau, Howie Klein, Renee Dossick, Frank Matoni, The Want Adds, Autotonic, Motormouthmedia, Anne Donoghue, Chris Jackson, Arlene Grzeszak, Craig Kostich, Jay Harding, Brian Long.
Special thanks to all the artists, writers and bands for their incredible work.
Red Hot + Bothered is a production of the Red Hot Organization (RHO).
This compilation © & ℗ RHO,1995.
All individual tracks ℗ by the artists indicated.
All artwork and logos © & ™ RHO 1995.
All artwork © by the artists indicated.
Made in U.S.A. Bye lovely.
Track 1: Recored at Cro-Mag Studios, Dayton, Ohio ©1995 Needmore Songs (BMI)
Track 2: Recorded at Audio Lab, Boise. Mixed at John & Stu's, Seattle © 1995 All Smiles
Track 3: © PolyGram Music/Emotional Wench Music/Door No. 1 (BMI)
Track 4: Recorded at Saul's house © 1995 Ben Lee
Track 5: Recorded at John's house, Mixed at Fort Apache © 1995 Folk Implosion (BMI)
Track 6: Recorded at Volt, Dunedin, NZ © 1985 Wayne Elsey
Track 7: © 1995 Simple Machines (BMI)
Track 8: Recorded at Excello Studios, Brooklyn © 1995 Babe the blue OX music (BMI)
Track 9: Recorded at Studio Red, Philadelphia. Additional Mixing at Dessau, NYC © 1995 Juicy (BMI)
Track 10: Recorded at Soma, Chicago © 1995 The Sea And Cake
Track 11: Recorded at Avast, Seattle, WA © 1995 Lois Maffeo
Track 12: Recorded at Chez Flames, New Orleans, LA © Columbine Music
Track 13: Written with help from friends, Recorded on four-track at Tate's house, Mixing and additional recording at Easley Recording, Memphis, USA © 1995 Course It's Music (BMI)
Track 14: Issued under license from Hell Gate Productions, NYC © 1994 Hawk Be Out Music (BMI) ℗ 1994 Hell Gate Productions
Track 15: Recorded at Bang Bang, London © 1995 Heavenly
Track 16: Recorded at FBH Sound Laboratory, NYC © Chris Ewen + Stephin Merritt ℗ GAY AND LOUD (ASCAP)
Track 17: Recorded at Fort Apache © 1995 Flying Nuns Published by Show Do Bozo Songs (ASCAP)
Track 18: Recorded at Steam Room, Chicago, 4/95 © Gastr Virgo and Field Code Music (BMI)
Some copies have a gold promotional stamp on the front cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 9362-45983-2 9
- Barcode (String): 093624598329
- Matrix / Runout: 1 45983-2 SRC##01 M1S1
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|2-45983-A||Various||Red Hot + Bothered: The Indie Rock Guide To Dating (CD, Comp, Promo, Adv)||Red Hot/Kinetic, Reprise Records||2-45983-A||US||1995|
|9362-45983-2||Various||Red Hot + Bothered: The Indie Rock Guide To Dating (CD, Comp)||Kinetic Records, Reprise Records||9362-45983-2||Germany||1995|
|9 45983-2||Various||Red Hot + Bothered: The Indie Rock Guide To Dating (Cass, Comp, Promo)||Reprise Records||9 45983-2||US||1995|
|9 45954-1||Various||Red Hot + Bothered (The Indie Rock Guide To Dating) (10")||Kinetic Records||9 45954-1||US||1995|