They are compiled from the years between 1976 and 1991, when Dave Liebman and Richie Beirach began recording together in an electric group called Lookout Farm (with Frank Tusa, Jeff Williams, and Todd Barkan), and recorded for the ECM label.
They were among the first generation of musicians to be profoundly influenced by the music of the Coltrane quartet and the Miles Davis quintet as well as musical influences outside jazz (Indian, classical, R & B etc).
Liebman and Beirach are definitely under the spell of Miles on the first disc here, and it kicks major ass. Beirach's signature tune is called "Elm," and he has recorded it maybe six times, but the epic version on the third disc of this set is undoubtedly the best. Another rediscovery on this set is the astonishing bassist Frank Tusa, who was a major force on "Eon," but is virtually unknown.
Liebman's uniquely symbiotic relationship with Beirach was already well-established, and can be heard in numerous live contexts on the revealing Mosaic Select 12: David Liebman & Richie Beirach (Mosaic, 2004). The same can be said about Liebman and Beirach. Two players who rarely play together these days, but when they do it's as if no time has passed-they have the unique ability to transform any context into a world all their own.
David Liebman & Richie Beirach. Type: Album + Compilation.
David Liebman & Richie Beirach - Mosaic Select 12 (2004, Mosaic)/CD2/David Liebman & Richie Beirach - Mosaic Select 12 CD. og - . 0. David Liebman & Richie Beirach - Mosaic Select 12 (2004, Mosaic)/CD2/David Liebman & Richie Beirach - Mosaic Select 12 CD. 3u - . David Liebman & Richie Beirach - Mosaic Select 12 (2004, Mosaic)/CD2/03 - The Code's Secrect Code-D flac - 6. 3.
Omerta is an album of duets by pianist Richard Beirach and saxophonist David Liebman and which was recorded in 1978 and originally released on the Japanese Trio label before being rereleased on the Danish Storyville label on CD in 1994.
Artist: David Liebman & Richie Beirach Title: Mosaic Select 12 Year Of Release: 2004 Label: Mosaic Records Genre: Jazz, Post-Bop Quality: FLAC (tracks+. Tracklist: CD1 - Lookout Farm.
|1-1||The Iguana's Ritual||13:55|
|1-4||A Night In Tunisia||14:10|
|2-3||The Code's Secret Code||18:32|
|3-3||The Hollow Men||13:10|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Liebstone Music
- Copyright (c) – Mosaic Records, L.L.C.
- Double Bass – Ron McClure (tracks: 3-1 to 3-5)
- Drums – Billy Hart (tracks: 3-1 to 3-5), Jeff Williams (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6)
- Electric Bass, Acoustic Bass – Frank Tusa (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6)
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Richie Beirach* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6)
- Ensemble – David Liebman & Richie Beirach - The Duo* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-4), Lookout Farm (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6), Quest (tracks: 3-1 to 3-5)
- Flute [Alto] – David Liebman (tracks: 2-1 to 2-4)
- Percussion – David Liebman (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6), Todd Barkan (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6)
- Piano – Richie Beirach*
- Producer – Kurt Renker
- Soprano Saxophone – David Liebman
- Tenor Saxophone – David Liebman (tracks: 1-1 to 2-4)
NotesDisc One recorded live at the Keystone Korner, San Francisco, 1976
Disc Two, tracks 1 & 2 recorded live at the Keystone Korner, San Francisco, 1976
Disc Two, track 3 recorded live in Germany, 1990
Disc Two, track 4 recorded live at the Greenwich House, New York City, 1990
Disc Three, tracks 1 & 2 recorded live in Germany, 1988
Disc Three, tracks 3 to 5 recorded live in Tokyo, Japan, 1991
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 670917103028