Absolute Beginners" is a song written and recorded by David Bowie. Released on 3 March 1986, it was the theme song to the 1986 film of the same name (itself an adaptation of the book Absolute Beginners). Although the film was not a commercial success, the song reached No. 2 on the UK Singles Chart. It also reached the top ten on the main singles charts in eight other countries, becoming his last single to achieve that. It was less successful in the US, peaking at No. 53 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Absolute Beginners Lyrics. I've nothing much to offer There's nothing much to take I'm an absolute beginner And I'm absolutely sane As long as we're together The rest can go to hell I absolutely love you But we're absolute beginners With eyes completely open But nervous all the same. If our love song Could fly over mountains Could laugh at the ocean Just like the films There's no reason To feel all the hard times To lay down the hard lines It's absolutely true.
Album: Absolute Beginners Soundtrack (1986). Charted: 2 53. Get the Sheet Music License This Song. This song is about love that is still in embryonic state. It was written for the 1986 film, Absolute Beginners. Bowie was in the movie, which is a musical based on a book by Colin MacInnes. The book is set in London in the late '50s and deal with the youth culture that would eventually become the Mod movement. The musical starred Patsy Kensit and was directed by Julien Temple, who had previously directed The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle - a mockumentary starring The Sex Pistols.
Absolute Beginners - EP David Bowie. Listen on Apple Music. Released: May 28, 2007. See All. Best of Bowie.
Download and listen online Absolute Beginners by David Bowie. Format – mp3. Music video. On this page you can download song David Bowie - Absolute Beginners in mp3 and listen online. David Bowie - Absolute Beginners. Watch music video "David Bowie - Absolute Beginners" online. Send lyrics Send translation.
Band Name David Bowie. Album Name Absolute Beginners. Type EP. Data wpisu Marzec 1986. Wydawcy Virgin Records. Styl muzycznyGlam Rock. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album6. 1. Absolute Beginners. 2. Absolute Beginners (Dub Mix Version). Other productions from David Bowie.
Продавец: Сеть магазинов музыкальных инструментов "Динатон". ОГРНИП: 317774600101206
|B||Absolute Beginners (Dub Mix)|
- Record Company – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Jones Music
- Manufactured By – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Backing Vocals – Janet Armstrong
- Baritone Saxophone – Andy Macintosh, Don Weller, Gordon Murphy
- Bass – Matthew Seligman
- Design, Art Direction – Tracy Drew
- Drums – Neil Conti
- Guitar – Kevin Armstrong
- Keyboards – Rick Wakeman, Steve Nieve
- Liner Notes [Lyrics Translated By] – 山本安見*
- Percussion – Luis Jardim
- Photography – Davies And Starr, Roger Mayne
- Producer – Alan Winstanley, Clive Langer
- Saxophone – Don Weller
- Tenor Saxophone – Gary Barnacle, Paul Weimar, Willie Garnett
- Written-By, Producer, Vocals – David Bowie
NotesJapanese release with gloss paper sleeve and two-sided insert featuring lyrics in English and Japanese, which also contains details of the 12" and soundtrack album releases. Theme song from the film of the same name.
On back cover:
℗ 1986 David Bowie Virgin Records Ltd. exclusive licencee.
© 1986 Virgin Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: T4988 006 60035 5
- Matrix / Runout (label A side): V-5838-A
- Matrix / Runout (label B side): V-5838-B
- Matrix / Runout (runout A side, stamped): V5838A 1S 1
- Matrix / Runout (runout B side, stamped): V5838B 1S 1
- Matrix / Runout (runout A side, stamped, variant 2): V5838A 1S 1 6-3
- Matrix / Runout (runout B side, stamped, variant 2): V5838B 1S 8
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Other (Price Code): ¥700
|VS 838, VS. 838||David Bowie||Absolute Beginners (7", Single)||Virgin, Virgin||VS 838, VS. 838||UK||1986|
|VS 838-12||David Bowie||Absolute Beginners (12", Maxi)||Virgin||VS 838-12||Australia||1986|
|7PRO-9627||David Bowie||Absolute Beginners (7", Single, Promo)||EMI America||7PRO-9627||US||1986|
|VSS 838||David Bowie||Absolute Beginners (7", Single, Ltd, Pic)||Virgin||VSS 838||UK||1986|
|S-75130||David Bowie||Absolute Beginners (12", Single)||EMI America||S-75130||Canada||1986|