Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II, a compilation album released in 1977, is the sixteenth official album release for Elton John. The original 1977 US version features one song from 1971 and two songs from 1974 that were not on the first greatest hits album. It also features several hit songs from 1975 and two hit singles from Elton's last year of performing in 1976.
Photography By – Gered Mankowitz. Photography By – Bryan Forbes (2), David Nutter, Martyn Goddard, Michael Ross (3), Terry O'Neill (2). Piano, Vocals – Elton John. Producer – Gus Dudgeon. Tambourine – Ray Cooper. Matrix, Runout (A-side label): †2SETB 7110-A†.
With such a vast and memorable catalogue, a second greatest hits compilation was only logical. This one, released just three years after his first Greatest Hits, reached on the UK Album Chart and went on to be certified five-times platinum by the RIAAin the US. Tracklist. he Bitch Is Back3:38. ucy In The Sky With Diamonds5:58. Feel Like A Bullet (In The Gun Of Robert Ford)5:29.
Tracks: 1974 - Greatest Hits (1992, Polydor 314 512 532-2). 01. Your Song 4:01 02. Daniel 3:53 03. Honky Cat 5:13 04.
Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds mp3. A3. Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word mp3. A4. Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart mp3. A5. Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight mp.
Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II is a compilation album by British singer/songwriter Elton John, released in 1977. The original 1977 US version features one song from 1971 that wasn't on the first greatest hits album, two songs from 1974 that weren't on the first greatest hits volume.
Elton John "Greatest Hits II" Album Cover Jigsaw Puzzle. 2380 x 2380 jpeg 736kB.
Features Song Lyrics for Elton John's Elton John's Greatest Hits, Volume II album. Send "Elton John" Ringtones to your Cell. Album: Elton John's Greatest Hits, Volume II. 0. 1. I Feel Like a Bullet (in the Gun of Robert Ford).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Bitch Is Back
Backing Vocals – Clydie King, Dusty Springfield, Jessie Mae Smith*, Sherlie MatthewsBass [Phased Pignose] – Dee MurrayBrass – Tower Of Power Horn SectionSoloist, Saxophone [Tenor] – Lenny Pickett
|A2||Lucy In The Sky
Featuring – Reggae Guitars Of Dr. Winston O'Boogie*Gong – Ray CooperMellotron, Harpsichord – Elton JohnSitar – Davey Johnstone
|A3||Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Vibraphone – Ray Cooper
|A4||Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Vocals – Kiki Dee
|A5||Someone Saved My Life Tonight
Guitar [Leslie] – Davey JohnstoneOrgan [Electric], Synthesizer [A.s.e.] – Elton JohnShaker, Cymbal – Ray Cooper
Arranged By [Orchestral] – Gene PageMaracas – Ray Cooper
Acoustic Guitar – Caleb QuayeCongas, Marimba – Ray CooperGuitar [Ovation], Electric Guitar [Slide], Banjo – Davey JohnstoneSynthesizer [Arp], Mellotron [Solo] – James Newton Howard
|B3||Grow Some Funk Of Your Own
Backing Vocals – Ann Orson, Kiki DeeBacking Vocals, Electric Guitar – Caleb QuayeCastanets, Percussion [Bell-tree], Vibraphone – Ray Cooper
|B4||Bennie And The Jets
Organ – Elton John
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – This Record Co. Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sackville Productions Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – This Record Co. Ltd.
- Published By – Big Pig Music Ltd.
- Published By – Northern Songs Ltd.
- Published By – Rocket Music Ltd.
- Published By – Dick James Music Ltd.
- Published By – Fabulous Music Ltd.
- Mastered At – Pye Studios
- Pressed By – CBS Pressing Plant, Aston Clinton
- Made By – Shorewood Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Acoustic Guitar – Davey Johnstone (tracks: A5, B4, B5)
- Art Direction, Design – David Costa, Jubilee Graphics
- Art Direction, Design [Assistant] – George Rowbottom
- Backing Vocals – Davey Johnstone (tracks: A2, A5, B2, B3, B5), Dee Murray (tracks: A2, A5, B5), Kenny Passarelli (tracks: B2, B3), Nigel Olsson (tracks: A2, A5, B5)
- Bass – Dee Murray (tracks: A1, A2, A5, B1, B4, B5), Kenny Passarelli (tracks: A3, A4, B2, B3)
- Drums – Nigel Olsson (tracks: A1, A2, A5, B1, B4, B5), Roger Pope (tracks: A4, B2, B3)
- Electric Guitar – Davey Johnstone (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1, B3 to B5)
- Electric Piano – James Newton Howard (tracks: A3, A4)
- Photography By [Inner Sleeve] – David Nutter, Nobby Clarke*, Terry O'Neill , Watal Asanuma
- Piano, Vocals – Elton John
- Producer – Gus Dudgeon
- Tambourine – Ray Cooper
NotesReleased with a printed inner & 12 page booklet
©1977 This Record Co. Ltd.
Shorepak by Shorewood Packaging Co. Ltd., England
Made in England
A1, A2: ℗ 1974 This Record Co Ltd
A5, B1 to B3, B5: ℗ 1975 This Record Co Ltd
A3, A4: ℗ 1976 Sackville Productions Ltd
B4: ℗ 1973 This Record Co Ltd
A1, A3, A5, B1, B2: Big Pig Music Ltd
A2: Northern Songs Ltd
B3: Big Pig Music Ltd / Rocket Music Ltd
B4: Dick James Music Ltd
B5: Fabulous Music Ltd
This version is identical to Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II except it does not have the 'MBtt' mastering credit, instead it has a ':)' ("smiley Face" etch) & CBS Pressing plant etch (⋀).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): †2SETB 7110-A†
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): †2SETB 7110-B†
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched, variant 1): 2-SET-B-7110-A-10 :)
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched, variant 1): 2-SET-B-7110-B-11 ⋀
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched, variant 2): 2-SET-B-7110-A-9 3[90°rotated] ⋀
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched, variant 2): 2-SET-B-7110-B-10 2[90°rotated] ⋀
|DJH 20520||Elton John||Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II (LP, Comp)||DJM Records||DJH 20520||UK||1977|
|MCA-5225||Elton John||Greatest Hits Volume II (LP, Comp, Club)||MCA Records||MCA-5225||Canada||1977|
|L 36307, DJH 20520||Elton John||Greatest Hits Volume II (LP, Comp)||DJM Records , DJM Records||L 36307, DJH 20520||Australia||1977|
|1A 062-60557||Elton John||Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II (LP, Comp)||DJM Records||1A 062-60557||Netherlands||1977|
|MCAC-1690||Elton John||Greatest Hits Volume II (Cass, Comp, RE)||MCA Records||MCAC-1690||US||1990|