by Tidal - 9 Tracks - 1:02:39. Release date 09/01/2012.
An amphidromic point, also called a tidal node, is a geographical location which has zero tidal amplitude for one harmonic constituent of the tide. The tidal range (the peak-to-peak amplitude, or height difference between high tide and low tide) for that harmonic constituent increases with distance from this point. The term amphidromic point derives from the Greek words amphi (around) and dromos (running), referring to the rotary tides running around them.
1. Amplitude and Cycle Time. Listen to Amphidromic Cotidal in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Tidal - Line and Its Fragility 05:45. Tidal - Humpback Song 08:27. Tidal - Amphidromic 03:20. Tidal - Rogue Wave 05:23. Tidal - Bay Lyric 03:29.
This album fooled me, and I am not afraid to admit it. A subset of the EA Orchestra, whose recent recording (Likiedos, Amirani Records, 2011) focused on the compositional aspects of avant-garde large ensemble music, A Windy Season is a wind quartet that-at first blush-seems to traverse similar terrain on Tidal. A quick perusal of the liner notes made me blush: the music on Tidal is completely improvised. Or, more precisely, A Windy Season refers to their creations as "instant compositions
|1||Amplitude And Cycle Time||06:02|
|2||Ebb And Flow||05:51|
|3||Line And Its Fragility||05:45|
- Recorded At – Fondazione Remotti
- Bassoon, Contrabassoon – Alessio Pisani
- Soprano Saxophone – Gianni Mimmo
- Trombone, Drums [Thunder Drum], Jew's Harp, Performer [Seashell], Didgeridoo – Angelo Contini
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Mirio Cosottini