Codes and Keys is the seventh studio album by Death Cab for Cutie, released on May 31, 2011. Ben Gibbard and Nick Harmer have both been quoted as saying that the album will be "a much less guitar-centric album than we've ever made before".
Performer – Benjamin Gibbard, Christopher Walla, Jason McGerr, Nicholas Harmer. Photography By – Nicholas Harmer. Producer – Chris Walla. Recorded By – Beau Sorenson, Walla. Recorded By – Adam Greenholtz, Cathy Ferrante, Dave 'Squirrel' Covell, Jackson Long, Jay Pellicci, John Vanderslice, Johnny Mendoza, Kendra Lynn, Pierre de Reeder, Sean Oakley, Stephen Hogan, Stuart Hallerman. Recorded By – Mark Richards (8), Ryan Enockson, Sally Pickett. Words By, Songwriter – Benjamin Gibbard.
Album Codes And Keys (2011). by Death Cab For Cutie. Labels Atlantic, Barsuk Records. Death Cab For Cutie albums.
Death Cab still sound like Death Cab, but Codes and Keys is undoubtedly the least "pop" record they've made since breaking through to the mainstream with their last indie-situated effort, 2003's Transatlanticism. So there's new territory for the band explored here, and Walla, along with mixing maestro Alan Moulder, applies a label-money sheen that provides a decent frame for the record's sonic idiosyncrasies. But for a band so identified with exploring feelings and the details of relationships, the record comes off as chilly, diffident, and emotionally distant
Features Song Lyrics for Death Cab For Cutie's Codes And Keys album. Portable Television Lyrics. 5. Codes and Keys Lyrics. 6. Home Is a Fire Lyrics. 7. Stay Young, Go Dancing Lyrics.
Band Name Death Cab For Cutie. Album Name Codes and Keys. Data de aparición Mayo 2011. Labels Atlantic Records. Estilo MusicalIndie Rock. Miembros poseen este álbum1. 4. Doors Unlocked and Open. You Are a Tourist. Unobstructed Views.
Death Cab for Cutie is an American alternative rock band, formed in Bellingham, WA, in 1997. The band is composed of Ben Gibbard (vocals, guitar, piano), Nick Harmer (bass), Dave Depper (guitar, keyboards, vocals), Zac Rae (keyboards, guitar), and Jason McGerr (drums). The band was originally a solo project by Gibbard. Upon getting a record deal, he expanded the project into a complete band, which released a debut album, Something About Airplanes, in 1998.
codes and keys can unlock a door; can unlock her heart to let someone else in. when she opens up whats been bottled up it'll be a relief, like letting out a scream a room separate from him, a past stage of her single life . What to amke of that line, the song and considering thats the title of the album it's obviously meaningful to Ben G. Fear, jealousy and single life are all referenced.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Home Is A Fire
Mixed By – Chris Walla
|2||Codes And Keys
Arranged By, Conductor – Minna ChoiMixed By – Beau Sorenson, Chris WallaStrings – Jory Fankuchen, Liana Berube, Magik*Magik Orchestra, Michelle Kwon, Philip Brezina
|4||Doors Unlocked And Open||5:37|
|5||You Are A Tourist||4:46|
|9||Underneath The Sycamore||3:26|
|10||St. Peter's Cathedral||4:30|
|11||Stay Young, Go Dancing
Arranged By, Conductor – Minna ChoiStrings – Jory Fankuchen, Liana Berube, Magik*Magik Orchestra, Michelle Kwon, Philip Brezina
- Recorded At – Sound City Studios
- Recorded At – The Warehouse Studio
- Recorded At – London Bridge Studio
- Recorded At – Two Sticks Audio
- Recorded At – Tiny Telephone
- Recorded At – Bright Street Recorders
- Recorded At – Jackpot! Recording Studio
- Recorded At – Avast! Recording Co.
- Mixed At – Assault And Battery Studios
- Mixed At – Avast! Recording Co.
- Mastered At – SAE Mastering
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Where I'm Calling From Music
- Published By – Please Pass The Songs
- Glass Mastered At – Cinram, Olyphant, PA – Z103378
- A&R [For Atlantic Records] – Sam Riback
- Design, Photography By [Additional] – Storey Elementary
- Management – Jordan Kurland
- Management [Assisted By] – Joe Goldberg
- Mastered By – Roger Siebel*
- Mixed By – Alan Moulder (tracks: 3 to 11)
- Music By [Songs By] – Chris Walla (tracks: 1, 6, 9)
- Performer [Death Cab For Cutie Are] – Benjamin Gibbard*, Christopher Walla*, Jason McGerr, Nicholas Harmer
- Photography By [Front Cover And Coin Slot] – Nicholas Harmer
- Producer – Chris Walla
- Recorded By – Beau Sorenson, Walla*
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Adam Greenholtz, Cathy Ferrante, Dave 'Squirrel' Covell*, Jackson Long, Jay Pellicci, John Vanderslice, Johnny Mendoza*, Kendra Lynn, Pierre de Reeder, Sean Oakley, Stephen Hogan, Stuart Hallerman
- Recorded By [Second Assistant] – Mark Richards , Ryan Enockson, Sally Pickett
- Words By, Songwriter [Songs By] – Benjamin Gibbard*
NotesManagement for Zeitgeist Artist Management.
Recorded at Sound City, Van Nuys, CA; The Warehouse, Vancouver, BC; London Bridge, Seattle, WA; Two Stick Audio, Seattle, WA; Tiny Telephone, San Francisco, CA; Bright Street Recorders, North Hollywood, CA; Jackpot! Recording, Portland, OR; Avast Recording, Seattle, WA.
Mixed at Assault & Battery B in Willesden, London, UK, except Track 1 mixed at Avast B, Track 2 mixed at Avast A.
Mastered at SAE Mastering, Phoenix, AZ.
Songs © 2011 EMI Blackwood Music Incorporated on behalf of itself/Where I'm Calling From Music (BMI), except Track 1, 6 and 9 © 2011 EMI Blackwood Music Incorporated on behalf of itself/Where I'm Calling From Music (BMI)/Please Pass The Songs (BMI)
℗© 2011 Atlantic Recording Corporation for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 75678 82704 4
- Matrix / Runout: M0S1 Z103378 3 527251-2 TEXT 02
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L909
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U4D
- Rights Society: BMI
|7567-88270-4||Death Cab For Cutie||Codes And Keys (CD, Album)||Barsuk Records, Atlantic||7567-88270-4||Europe||2011|
|527251-2||Death Cab For Cutie||Codes And Keys (CD, Album)||Atlantic, Barsuk Records||527251-2||Philippines||2011|
|2-527251||Death Cab For Cutie||Codes And Keys (CD, Album)||Atlantic||2-527251||Canada||2011|
|WPCR-14123||Death Cab For Cutie||Codes And Keys (CD, Album)||Warner Music Japan, Atlantic||WPCR-14123||Japan||2011|
|7567-88260-4||Death Cab For Cutie||Codes And Keys (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Barsuk Records, Atlantic||7567-88260-4||Europe||2011|