Thrust is a jazz-funk album by Herbie Hancock, released in September 6, 1974 on Columbia Records. It served as a follow-up to Hancock's album Head Hunters (1973), and achieved similar commercial success, as the album reached as high as number 13 on the Billboard 200 listing. The lineup for Thrust is the same as on Head Hunters, except that Mike Clark replaced Harvey Mason on drums. This is Hancock's fourteenth album overall.
The follow-up to the breakthrough Headhunters album was virtually as good as its wildly successful predecessor: an earthy, funky, yet often harmonically and rhythmically sophisticated tour de force. There is only one change in the Headhunters lineup - swapping drummer Harvey Mason for Mike Clark - and the switch results in grooves that are even more complex.
Dedication is the thirteenth album by American jazz pianist Herbie Hancock. It was recorded in Japan by Hancock alone in 1974 during a Japanese tour.
Complete sua coleção de Herbie Hancock. Thrust (8-Trk, Album, Quad). Thrust (Cass, Album). SBP 234543, PC 32965.
Thrust is a music studio album recording by HERBIE HANCOCK (Jazz ive Rock) released in 1974 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette.
1. Palm Grease Lyrics.
Album · 1974 · 4 Songs. Then and Now: The Definitive Herbie Hancock. River - The Joni Letters.
Herbert Jeffrey Hancock (born April 12, 1940) is an American pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, composer and actor. Hancock started his career with Donald Byrd. He shortly thereafter joined the Miles Davis Quintet, where he helped to redefine the role of a jazz rhythm section and was one of the primary architects of the post-bop sound. In the 1970s, Hancock experimented with jazz fusion, funk, and electro styles.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Composed By – Herbie Hancock
Composed By – Herbie Hancock
Composed By – Bennie Maupin, Herbie Hancock
Composed By – Herbie Hancock, Mike Clark , Paul Jackson
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Produced For – David Rubinson And Friends, Inc.
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Remastered At – Sony Music Studios, New York City
- A&R [A&R Coordination] – Patti Matheny
- A&R [Legacy] – Steve Berkowitz
- Art Direction [Reissue] – Howard Fritzson
- Cover – Rob Springett*
- Design [Reissue] – Randall Martin
- Drums, Liner Notes – Mike Clark
- Electric Bass – Paul Jackson
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Clavinet [Hohner D-6], Synthesizer [Arp Odyssey, Arp Soloist, Arp 2600, Arp String] – Herbie Hancock
- Engineer [Recording] – Fred Catero
- Percussion – Bill Summers
- Photography By [Liner] – Don Hunstein
- Producer – David Rubinson, Herbie Hancock
- Product Manager [Packaging] – Jessica Killorin, Michael Cimicata
- Product Manager [Project Director] – Seth Rothstein
- Reissue Producer – Bob Belden
- Remastered By – Tom Ruff
- Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Saxello, Bass Clarinet, Alto Flute – Bennie Maupin
NotesProduced by David Rubinson & Friends, Inc.
Recorded in 1974 at Wally Heider Studios, San Francisco. Digitally remastered at Sony Music Studios, NYC.
(C) 1974, 1998 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. (P) 1974 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099706 498421
- Barcode (String): 5099706498421
- Rights Society: BIEM SACEM SDRM
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): S0106498410-0101 24
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Sony Music S0106498410-0101 12 A3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): Sony Music S0106498410-0101 12 A6
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): Sony Music S0106498410-0101 12 A4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): Sony Music S0106498410-0101 12 A2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 6): Sony Music S0106498410-0101 12 A5
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L554
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 2 to 6): IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 948A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 9458
- Mould SID Code (Variants 3, 4): IFPI 944A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI 94X5
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI 94W5
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Other (Sony Code): 01-064984-10
- Distribution Code: CB 741
|PC 32965||Herbie Hancock||Thrust (LP, Album)||Columbia||PC 32965||US||1974|
|25AP 563||Herbie Hancock||Thrust (LP, Album, RE)||CBS/Sony||25AP 563||Japan||1977|
|PC 32965||Herbie Hancock||Thrust (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia||PC 32965||US||1974|
|SMM 503449 2||Herbie Hancock||Thrust (CD, Album, RM, Dig)||Sony Music Media||SMM 503449 2||France||2001|
|CBS 80193||Herbie Hancock||Thrust (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 80193||Italy||1975|